BOB Financial, which is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Bank of Baroda, last year added four new credit cards including the Eterna card to their diverse catalog of credit cards. It comes with a complimentary FitPass Pro membership and 10,000 bonus reward points as a welcome gift. The Eterna card, which is the top-end offering by the bank comes with a host of benefits including unlimited complimentary domestic lounge access, complimentary golf sessions/lessons, air accident insurance cover worth Rs. 1 crore, and many other premium features.
The card also offers a very good reward rate. You get 15 reward points / Rs. 100 on all online spends and on all travel, dining and movie spends. The foreign currency mark-up fee of 2% is also comparatively lower than most other cards. Read on to know more about this BOB credit card.
Bank of Baroda Eterna Credit Card
Best Suited For
Rs. 2,499 + GST
- 6-month FitPass Pro membership worth Rs. 15,000 as a welcome gift.
- 10,000 reward points of expenditure of Rs. 50,000 within 60 days of card issuance.
- 20,000 bonus reward points on spending Rs. 5,00,000 in a year.
- 15 reward points on every Rs. 100 spent on online shopping, travel, dining and movie tickets.
- 3 reward points on spends of Rs. 100 on all other categories.
- 1 Reward Point = Rs. 0.25.
- Reward Points redeemable as cashback or for other categories of expenditure on the BOB’s reward redemption portal.
- Joining fee waived off on spending Rs. 25,000 in the first 60 days.
- Annual membership fee of the subsequent year waived on the expenditure of Rs. 2.5 lakh in the previous year.
- Personal accidental death insurance cover (Rs. 1 crore for air accident, Rs. 10 lakh for a non-air accident).
Rewards and Benefits
6-month FitPass Pro membership worth Rs. 15,000 and 10,000 bonus reward points.
Movie & Dining
5X (15) reward points on movie and dining spends, 250 plus culinary deals at MasterCard Priceless specials, Buy One Get One scheme on movie tickets booked through Paytm app (max discount capped at Rs. 250/month)
15 reward points / Rs. 100 on online shopping, travel, movie, and dining spends (max cap of 5,000 points at this rate), 3 reward points/ Rs. 100 for spends on all other categories.
Reward points redeemable as cashback or against flight tickets, hotel reservations, shopping, etc at a rate of 1 RP = Re. 0.25.
Unlimited complimentary domestic lounge access, lower foreign currency mark-up of 2%.
4 complimentary rounds of golf with green fee waived annually (not more than 1 in a month), 12 complimentary golf lessons/year, 50% of the green fee waived beyond the complimentary sessions.
Domestic Lounge Access
Unlimited complimentary domestic lounge access under the Mastercard India lounge program.
International Lounge Access
Accidental death cover (worth 1 crore in case of air-accident and Rs. 10 lakh in all other cases)
Zero Liability Protection
Cardmember not liable for any fraudulent transaction post the time of reporting the loss of card.
Fees & Charges
Rs. 2,499 + GST
Rs. 2,499 + GST
Spend based Waiver
Joining fee waived on spending Rs. 25,000 in the first 60 days, annual fee of the subsequent year waived on expenditure of Rs. 2.5 lakh in the previous year
Rewards Redemption Fee
Rewards Redemption Fee
Foreign Currency Markup
2% of the transacted amount
3.25% per month or 39% per annum
1% of the transaction amount waived for transactions between Rs. 400 and Rs. 5,000 (subject to a maximum waiver of RS. 250 per statement cycle)
Cash Advance Charge
2.5% of the transaction amount, subject to a minimum charge of Rs. 500
Add-on Card Fee
Bank of Baroda Eterna Credit Card Welcome Benefit:
- You get a 6-month FitPass Pro membership as a welcome gift (including 2,500 premium gyms and fitness studios).
- 10,000 reward points on spending Rs. 50,000 within 60 days.
Bank of Baroda Eterna Credit Card Rewards:
- 15 reward points (5X rate)/ Rs. 100 for spends on online shopping, travel, dining, and movies. You can earn a maximum of 5,000 reward points/ month at this accelerated rate.
- 3 reward points / Rs. 100 for all other categories of spends.
Your earned rewards can be redeemed-
- as cashback against the card’s statement balance.
- for various redemption options including hotel/flight/movie tickets, mobile recharge, shopping, etc on the BOB’s reward redemption portal.
1 Reward Point = Rs. 0.25.
You get 20,000 bonus reward points on the annual expenditure of Rs. 5 lakh.
Spends Based Waiver:
- Joining fee waived off on spending Rs. 25,000 in the first 60 days of card issuance.
- Subsequent year’s annual fee waived if Rs. 2.5 lakh were spent in the previous year.
- Accelerated reward points (15/Rs. 100)on travel-related spends.
- Personal air accident (loss of life) cover worth Rs. 1 crore.
- Lower foreign currency mark-up of 2%.
- Unlimited complimentary lounge access at domestic airports under the MasterCard domestic lounge program.
Movie and dining Benefits:
You get a host of movie and dining benefits with the Bank of Baroda Eterna Credit Card including-
- 250 plus culinary deals at Mastercard priceless special.
- Accelerated reward points (15 points/Rs. 100) on dining/movie spends.
- Buy One Get One scheme on movie tickets booked on Paytm movies (max benefit of Rs. 250/month).
- Personal air accident covers worth Rs. 1 crore (applicable only in case of loss of life).
- Accidental death cover (for other reasons) worth Rs. 10 lakh.
- 4 complimentary rounds of golf annually (max 1 per month).
- 12 complimentary golf lessons annually (max 1 per month).
- 50% of the green fee waived beyond the complimentary sessions.
Low Foreign currency Mark-up:
As it is a premium credit card by the Bank of Baroda, you get a lower than usual foreign currency mark-up fee of 2%.
Fuel Surcharge Waiver:
1% of the fuel surcharge waived off on fuel purchases at all petrol/gas stations across India for transactions between Rs. 400 and Rs. 5,000. The maximum waiver is capped at Rs. 250 per month.
Bank of Baroda Eterna Credit Card Eligibility:
- The primary and all the add-on cardholders must be residents of India.
- The age of the primary cardmember must be between 21 and 65 years and the add-on cardholder must be above 18 years of age.
- The annual income of the primary cardholder must be above 12 lakh, for both salaried as well as self-employed applicants.
How to apply:
You can apply for the Eterna credit card either online on the bank’s online application portal or offline by visiting your nearest Bank of Baroda branch. You will need to submit the following documents to complete the application process-
- Identity proof like Aadhar card, Voter card,/PAN card/driving license, etc.
- Address proof like Aadhaar Card / Voter Id card /Passport / Driving Licence / Utility Bills / Property or Municipal Tax receipt /Rent Agreement / House allotment letter issued by State or central government.
- Proof of income – 2-month salary slips and bank statement for salaried applicants or an audited ITR acknowledgment for self-employed applicants.
Bank of Baroda offers a dedicated helpline number to its Eterna credit card members. You can dial their 24×7 helpline number 1800 103 1002 or just drop them a mail at [email protected]
The Eterna card offers a very good reward rate, and it’s even more lucrative as you get accelerated reward points on all online spends. The only downside is that the maximum reward points at an accelerated rate are capped at 5,000 points per month. Apart from the usual reward points, since it’s a premium credit card, you get many additional privileges including complimentary rounds/lessons of golf and complimentary lounge access at airports across India. The annual fee of Rs. 2,499 is slightly lower, if you compare it with other premium credit cards in the market. The likes of HDFC and ICICI offer their top-end cards at an annual fee of over Rs. 10,000. The eligibility criteria are also less strict than those for its competitors. Overall, if you want a premium card and you don’t want to pay a hefty membership fee, you can certainly consider this one by BOB.
What do you think of this credit card? And what is your opinion of the idea of offering premium cards at a low membership fee. We’ve already seen IDFC FIRTS’s Wealth credit card that comes with a zero membership fee (you can read about it here). Do share your thoughts in the comments.
Bank of Baroda reward points are valid for 2 years from the date of accrual and expire thereafter.
You get a personal accident cover worth Rs. 1 crore against the loss of life in an air accident. The cover amount is Rs. 10 lakh in case of loss of life due to some other reason.
Yes, you do get zero-cost liability protection, but only post the time of reporting the loss of card to the bank. The liability of any unauthorized transaction prior to the time of reporting lies solely with the cardmember.
Yes, the joining fee is reversed on the expenditure of Rs. 25,000 in the first 60 days of card issuance.