The Axis Bank Freecharge credit card offers benefits for regular users of the Freecharge app. The virtual card allows you to make secure online transactions through your mobile. You get your virtual credit card instantly on the Freecharge app if you are eligible for it. With a nominal joining fee of Rs. 250, it comes with exciting spend-based Reward Point offers. The earned EDGE Reward Points can be redeemed against a variety of 500+ options on the Edge Rewards website.
You can earn up to 350 bonus Edge Reward Points per month on the basis of your total spends in the month under its milestone benefits. To know more about the card, its benefits, and fees & charges, go through the full information provided below:
Axis Bank Freecharge Credit Card
Best Suited For
Movie & Dining
You get 50% off on an annual subscription on Eros Now and up to Rs. 100 credit every month on the Fresh menu.
1% cashback on all spends and 5% cashback on spends on the Freecharge app.
The earned EDGE Reward Points can be redeemed through the Edge Rewards website of the Axis Bank. 1 Edge Reward = Re. 0.20.
You earn up to Rs. 100 credit every month on Shuttl.
Domestic Lounge Access
International Lounge Access
Zero Liability Protection
The cardholder will not be liable for any unauthorized transactions made on the card post reporting the loss to the bank.
Spend Based Waiver
The annual fee is waived off on spending Rs. 50,000 or more in the previous year.
Rewards Redemption Fee
Rewards Redemption Fee
Foreign Currency Markup
3.5% of the transacted amount
3.4% per month
1% fuel surcharge is waived off for all fuel transactions between Rs. 400 and Rs. 4,000.
Cash Advance Charges
3.5% of the amount withdrawn or Rs. 250 (whichever is higher)
Add-on Card Fee
- Get the virtual credit card instantly on the Freecharge app.
- Welcome gift vouchers worth up to Rs. 700.
- Earn 1% cashback on all your spends.
- 5% cashback on your spends on the Freecharge app.
- Up to 50% off on Eros Now annual subscription.
- Up to Rs. 150 off every month on Shuttl.
- A credit of up to Rs. 100 every month on Fresh Menu.
Axis Bank Freecharge Credit Card Features and Benefits
The Freecharge Credit Card offered by Axis Bank has become a popular one as it offers a good cashback rate at a nominal annual fee. Apart from this, the card has several exclusive advantages, which are mentioned below in detail:
|Spends Within a Month||Bonus Reward Points|
|Less than Rs. 1,999||Zero|
|Rs. 2,000 to Rs. 4,999||100 Edge Rewards|
|Rs. 5,000 & Above||350 Edge Rewards|
- Get a discount of up to 10% on Myntra.
- Earn up to Rs. 100 credit every month on Shuttl.
- Get up to Rs. 100 credit every month on the Fresh menu.
- 50% off on annual subscription on Eros Now.
Spend-Based Annual Fee Waiver
The annual fee is waived if you spend Rs. 50,000 or more in the previous anniversary year.
- 1 EDGE Reward Point = Rs. 0.2 for redemption against a variety of items.
- The EDGE Reward Points you earn through your Axis Bank Freecharge credit card can be redeemed via the mobile banking app of Axis Bank or the Axis EDGE Rewards portal.
- The points can be redeemed against 500+ options available here on the website.
Freecharge Axis Bank Credit Card Fees and Charges
Some of the important fees and charges associated with the Axis Bank Freecharge Card are as follows:
- The annual fee of this credit card is Rs. 250, which is waived if the cardholder has spent Rs. 50,000 or more in the previous year.
- The interest rate on the Axis Bank Freecharge Credit Card is 3.6% per month.
- The foreign currency markup fee on this credit card is 3.5% of the total transaction amount.
- The cash withdrawal charges of the Axis Bank Freecharge Card are 2.5% of the withdrawn amount, subject to a minimum of Rs. 500.
Axis Bank Freecharge Credit Card Eligibility Criteria
The applicants need to fulfil the following eligibility criteria in order to get approved for the Axis Bank Freecharge Credit Card:
- The age of the applicant should be above 21 years.
- The applicant should be a resident of India.
- The applicant should have a stable source of income.
- The applicant should have a decent credit history.
The documents required to apply for the Freecharge Axis Bank Credit Card are as mentioned below:
- Identity Proof: PAN Card, Driving License, Passport, etc.
- Address Proof: Aadhaar Card.
- Proof of Income: Latest salary slips/bank statements or latest ITR.
How To Apply For The Axis Bank Freecharge Credit Card?
You can apply for this credit card through the Freecharge app on your mobile phone.
- Click on “Credit Cards”
- Fill in your details
- Submit your application
Axis Bank Freecharge Credit Card Review
Although the Axis Bank Freecharge credit card doesn’t come with a variety of benefits, it can be considered a significant card for utility bill payments, mobile recharges, etc. As you earn a cashback of 5% on the Freecharge app, you can save a lot on making utility bill payments, mobile recharges, etc. through the app. Due to its cashback rate and affordable fee, it can be considered comparable with the Flipkart Axis Bank Credit Card, which is another popular offering of the bank. So, if you want a credit card with low joining/annual fees and decent benefits, you can go with the Freecharge Card. It also allows you to get Reward Points on your eligible regular spending. You can also check out the Axis Bank Freecharge Plus Credit Card.
Moreover, you don’t need to carry a physical card with you every time as it is a virtual credit card. However, you can get a physical credit card as well if you want. So, it will not be a bad decision to go with the Axis Bank Freecharge credit card as it provides you exclusive reward points with great redemption choices.
Yes, you can get it if the conditions of physical card issuance are met.
The joining fee on the Axis Bank Freecharge credit card is Rs. 250 (plus applicable taxes).
No, the Axis Bank Freecharge credit card doesn’t provide any lounge access.
No, you have to pay a joining fee in the first year and an annual fee every year from the second year.
The interest rate on the Axis Bank Freecharge credit card is 3.6% per month.