The Axis Bank Freecharge Plus Credit Card is the superior version of the Freecharge Credit Card issued by the Axis Bank. It is a virtual credit card that you can get instantly after approval on the Freecharge app. However, you can order the physical card as well, but the virtual card gets you all the benefits of the physical card. It comes with a joining and annual fee of Rs. 350 and earns you gift vouchers worth Rs. 700 on card activation. With this card, you can earn up to 5% cashback on all your transactions and bonus Edge Reward Points every month on achieving the required milestone spend.
Other than all this, you get exciting discount offers on dining under the Axis Bank’s Dining delights program. Moreover, you get a 1% fuel surcharge waiver at all fuel stations when you pay using your Freecharge Plus Card. To let you save even more, the card comes with a spend-based waiver of the renewal fee. To know more about the Axis Bank Freecharge Plus Credit Card and its fees & charges, go through the full article:
Axis Bank Freecharge Plus Credit Card
Best Suited For
Reward Points |
- Welcome gift vouchers worth Rs. 700.
- Up to 5% cashback on all your spends.
- Up to 350 Edge Rewards every month on achieving the spend milestones.
- Up to 20% discount on dining.
- Spend based waiver of the renewal fee.
- 1% fuel surcharge waiver on all fuel transactions.
Rewards and Benefits
You get gift vouchers worth Rs. 750.
Movie & Dining
Up to 20% off on dining.
5% cashback on all spends via Freecharge and 1% cashback on all other spends.
Edge Reward Points can be redeemed against various products at a rate of 1 RP = Re. 0.20.
Domestic Lounge Access
International Lounge Access
Zero Liability Protection
The cardholder will not be liable for any fraudulent transactions made on a lost/stolen card post reporting the loss to the bank.
Fees & Charges
Spend based Waiver
The renewal fee is waived off on spending Rs. 50,000 or more in the previous year.
Rewards Redemption Fee
Rewards Redemption Fee
Foreign Currency Markup
3.5% on all foreign currency spends.
3.4% per month.
1% fuel surcharge waiver on all fuel transactions between Rs. 400 and Rs. 4,000.
Cash Advance Charge
2.5% of the withdrawn amount or Rs. 500 (whichever is higher)
Add-on Card Fee
Axis Bank Freecharge Plus Credit Card Features and Benefits
The Axis Bank Freecharge Plus Credit Card is solely aimed at providing its customers with great saving benefits on all their spends. Other than this, you get exciting activation benefits. To understand all its features and benefits in detail, refer to the information provided below:
- You get two gift vouchers worth Rs. 350 each, from popular brands as a welcome benefit.
- You will be eligible for this welcome benefit only if you make your first transactions within 30 days of card issuance.
- The voucher will be sent to you within 30 days of your transactions.
- You can read detailed terms and conditions here.
- You earn 5% cashback on all your spends via the Freecharge mobile app/website.
- You earn 2% cashback at selected MCCs, including 4121, 4131, 4111, 7512.
- You earn 1% cashback on all other retail spends.
- No cashback is earned on fuel purchases, wallet reloads, cash withdrawals, EMI purchases, gift cards, jewelry purchases, etc.
- You get 100 Edge Reward Points on spending Rs. 2,000 to Rs. 4,999 in a month.
- You get 250 additional Edge Rewards on spending Rs. 5,000 or more in a month.
- The Edge Rewards you earn can be redeemed against various products, vouchers, and other options at the Edge Rewards portal.
- 1 Edge Reward Point= Re. 0.20.
Fuel Surcharge Waiver
- You get a 1% fuel surcharge waiver for all fuel transactions between Rs. 400 and Rs. 4,000.
- The maximum fuel surcharge waiver is capped at Rs. 400 per month for this card.
Spend Based Waiver
The renewal fee of Rs. 350 is waived off if you have spent Rs. 50,000 or more in the previous year.
Axis Bank Freecharge Plus Credit Card Eligibility & Documentation
- The age of the primary cardholder should be above 21 years.
- The applicant should have a stable source of income.
- The applicant should have a decent credit history.
- Identity proof: Aadhar Card, PAN Card, Passport, Driving license, etc.
- Address Proof: Aadhar Card, Utility bills, rent agreement, Passport, Driving License, Voter Id, etc.
- Proof of Income: Latest bank statements/salary slips, or latest ITR.
How To Apply For Axis Bank Freecharge Plus Credit Card?
The Axis Bank Freecharge Plus Credit Card is an invite-only credit card and hence you can apply for it only if you see the banner on your Freecharge mobile app. So, it is advisable for you to download the Freecharge mobile app and log in to it if you want to get the Freecharge Plus Credit Card.
The Axis Bank Freecharge Plus Credit Card is an exclusive offering by the bank as it allows you to save up to 5% on all your transactions. However, as it is an invite-only card, you can not apply for it, but make sure to create your account on the Freecharge app so that you can apply for it as soon as the bank considered you an eligible customer. Moreover, once you get this card, it is advisable for you to make most of your payments/transactions via the Freecharge app so that you can earn 5% cashback and get the maximum benefit. Moreover, the spend-based waiver offered with this card is one of its most significant features as you can make your card free just by spending Rs. 50,000 or more every year. So, the card can be considered a great option for anyone who aims to save more on all their spends.
If you have any further doubts regarding the Axis Bank Freecharge Plus Credit Card, you can ask us in the comment section below!
The annual fee of the Axis Bank Freecharge Plus Credit card is Rs. 350.
You can not apply for the Freecharge Plus Credit Card as it is an invite-only offering by the bank. You will get notified on the Freecharge mobile app if you are eligible for the card.
The interest rate on this credit card is 3.4% per month.
Yes, once you get approved for the Freecharge Plus credit Card, you can get the virtual credit card instantly and order the physical card as well.