While looking for entry-level credit cards, some offerings by SBI are always on the top of the list. SBI Card offers a wide range of credit cards keeping all segments of individuals in mind. “Mumbai Metro SBI Card” launched by SBI Cards is one of the most exclusive SBI credit cards in the basic category, which targeted Mumbai metro travelers. The card issuers also offer ‘Delhi Metro SBI Card‘ targeting Delhi residents. Talking about the Mumbai Metro SBI Card, the cardholders can earn reward points in three categories namely; top-up of the card, selected spends (movies, dining, grocery, etc.), and other categories. It comes with a joining fee of Rs. 499, which seems to be totally worth it.
This card offers you exclusive welcome benefits and an auto top-up facility. The card is a credit cum metro card, i.e, it can be used as a credit card as well as a metro card. It gives cardholders a hassle-free experience as they don’t need to wait in long queues to get a ticket token. The card gets recharged automatically before its balance exhausts up. For more details about the features and offerings of this card, kindly read below.
Mumbai Metro SBI Card
Best Suited For
Reward Points |
- The joining fee of Mumbai Metro SBI Card is ₹ 499.
- As welcome benefits, get 2000 reward points on spending ₹ 2,000 within 60 days and a preloaded value of ₹ 50 on your card.
- Enjoy the auto top-up of ₹ 200 facility on reaching balance at ₹ 50.
- 10 reward points on every ₹ 100 spent on top-up.
- 10 reward points on every ₹ 100 spent on dining, movies, grocery and departmental stores (up to 5000 RPs in a month).
- 1 reward points on every ₹ 100 spent on other categories.
Rewards and Benefits
Get Rs. 50 as preloaded value on Mumbai Metro SBI Card. Get 2000 reward points on spending ₹ 2,000 within 60 days of card issuance.
Movie & Dining
Earn 10 reward points on every ₹ 100 spent on top-up. Earn 10 reward points on every ₹ 100 spent on dining, movies, grocery and departmental stores (up to 5000 RPs in a month). Earn 1 reward points on every ₹ 100 spent on other categories.
Redeem reward points for paying outstanding balance, e-vouchers, gifts, purchasing electronics, homeware, accessories, lifestyle products, Disney+ Hotstar Premium memberships, livemint subscription and more. 1 RP = Rs. 0.25.
Domestic Lounge Access
International Lounge Access
Zero Liability Protection
Fees & Charges
Spend based Waiver
Waiver of renewal fee on spending Rs. 1,00,000 in the previous year.
Rewards Redemption Fee
₹ 99 (on gifts, cash redemption & specific vouchers only)
Rewards Redemption Fee
₹ 99 (on gifts, cash redemption & specific vouchers only)
Foreign Currency Markup
3.50% p.m. (42% p.a.)
Avail 1% fuel surcharge waiver at all petrol pumps in India on transactions between ₹ 500 – ₹ 3000. Maximum limit of fuel surcharge waiver is capped at ₹ 100.
Cash Advance Charge
2.5% of the advance amount (minimum of Rs. 500)
Add-on Card Fee
Mumbai Metro SBI Credit Card Features and Benefits
The SBI Mumbai Metro Card is exclusively for metro travelers in Mumbai. It is advisable for every Mumbai resident to get this card as this card can be used as a credit card as well as a metro card which automatically gets recharged every time. Some of its most important features are mentioned below:
- On joining, you get a preloaded value of Rs. 50 as a welcome benefit.
- You also get 200 bonus reward points on spending ₹ 2000 within 60 days of receiving the card.
Auto Top-Up Facility
As the Mumbai Metro SBI Card is not just a credit card, but it can also be used as a metro card by Mumbai metro travelers, it offers additional privileges to metro travelers. The card automatically gets recharged once the card balance is about to finish.
You get the waiver of the renewal fee on spending Rs. 1 lakh or more in the previous year on the Mumbai Metro SBI Card.
Fuel Surcharge Waiver
The cardholders get a 1% fuel surcharge waiver (up to Rs. 100 every month) on all fuel purchases between Rs. 500 and Rs. 3,000.
Mumbai Metro SBI Card Rewards
- On the Mumbai Metro SBI Card, you can earn 10 reward points on every ₹ 100 spent on top-up. The cap limit on this category is set up to 5000 reward points, on achieving the cap limit you start earning 1 reward point afterward in that month.
- You can earn 10 reward points on every ₹ 100 spent on dining, movies, grocery, and departmental stores (up to 5000 RPs in a month). When the cap limit is achieved, you earn 1 reward point on every Rs. 100 spent in that month.
- You can earn 1 reward point on every ₹ 100 spent on other categories.
- On Mumbai Metro SBI Card, you can easily redeem your accumulated reward points for purchasing e-vouchers, gifts, electronics, homeware, accessories, lifestyle products, and more.
- You can also utilize your reward points against purchasing Disney+ Hotstar Membership, Livemint subscription, and ShemarooMe Premium Membership.
- You can redeem your reward points as cash redemption for paying the outstanding balances.
- 1 Reward Point is equivalent to Rs. 0.25.
Mumbai Metro SBI Card Fees and Charges
Some important fees and charges that are applicable to the Mumbai Metro SBI Credit Card are listed below:
- The SBI Mumbai Metro SBI Credit Card comes with a very affordable joining and annual membership fee of Rs. 499, which is waived off (second year onwards) on spending Rs. 1 lakh or more in the previous year.
- The interest rate that is charged on the outstanding balance of this credit card is 3.5% per month or 42% annually.
- The foreign currency markup fee on the Mumbai Metro SBI Card is 3.5% of the amount spent in a foreign currency.
- The cash withdrawal fee on this credit card is 2.5% of the withdrawn cash amount or Rs. 500 (whichever is higher).
Mumbai Metro SBI Card Eligibility Criteria
In order to get approved for the SBI Mumbai Metro Credit Card, you will have to fulfill certain eligibility requirements, which are as follows:
- The cardholder’s age needs to be above 18 years (in the case of salaried people) and above 21 years (in the case of self-employed people).
- The applicant should have a stable income source.
- The applicant should have a decent credit history.
The list of documents required to apply for the Mumbai Metro SBI Credit Card is given below:
- Aadhar Card, Voter’s Card, PAN Card, or Driving License as proof of income.
- Utility bills of the latest three months, Aadhar Card, rent agreement, Passport, or Ration Card as proof of address.
- Latest salary slips/latest audited ITR as income proof.
How To Apply For The Mumbai Metro SBI Card?
You can apply for the SBI Mumbai Metro Credit Card online or offline as per your comfort. To apply online, just follow a few simple steps as mentioned below:
- Visit the SBI Card’s official website.
- Under the section ‘Personal,’ click on ‘Credit Cards.’
- Scroll down and click on ‘All Cards.’
- Select the Mumbai Metro SBI Credit Card.
- Click on apply now and proceed further by filling in the online application form.
Mumbai Metro SBI Card is a decent card that comes with an accelerated reward rate on specific categories. The auto top-up facility makes your shopping experience more rewarding with this card as you don’t have to worry about the low balance and you earn 10x reward points on every top-up. Apart from this you also earn 10x reward points on spending Rs. 100 on movies, dining, groceries, and departmental stores. On this card, you can earn up to 5000 reward points in a month on the selected categories, on reaching the cap limit, you start earning reward points on a base rate afterward in that month. This card makes your shopping experience more rewarding as you can redeem your collected reward points for purchasing gifts, e-vouchers, homeware, Disney+ Hotstar premium membership, Livemint subscription, and more.
If you’re an existing cardholder, do share your experience in the comment section and what do you think is there any change that needs to be incorporated in this card?
Unfortunately, SBI Bank as of now doesn’t provide any travel benefits on Mumbai Metro SBI Credit Card.
For this, you must have spent 1 lakhs in the previous year which will enable you to enjoy the waiver of the renewal fee in the subsequent year.
SBI Bank on this card charges 3.5% foreign currency mark-up charges on the conversion amount.
SBI Bank on this card charges an interest of 3.50% per month.