After the surge of COVID-19 in the world, people have realized how important taking care of health is. There are a variety of credit cards in the market but there is rarely any credit card that provides health benefits to the cardholders. Keeping this in mind, the SBI Card has collaborated with Apollo Hospitals and launched the Apollo SBI Credit Card providing healthcare benefits to the cardmembers. With this credit card, cardholders will not only get discounts and rewards on Apollo Services and Apollo Hospitals but will also get reward points while they use their credit card for other transactions as well. The cardholders will get complimentary Apollo Membership along with bonus reward points as a welcome benefit to this credit card. Apart from this, cardholders will earn reward points on their regular spends using this credit card and accelerated rewards while they spend on healthcare services. Placed at a nominal joining and renewal fee of Rs. 499, this credit card provides various benefits with respect to healthcare.
Apollo SBI Credit Card
Best Suited For
Rs. 499 (plus applicable taxes)
Reward Points |
- 3x Reward Points while spending on Apollo services.
- 2x Reward Points while spending on movies, dining, and entertainment.
- 10% Instant Discount at Select Apollo Services.
- Complimentary Apollo Gold Tier Membership.
- 1% fuel surcharge waiver at all fuel stations.
Rewards and Benefits
500 Reward Points and complimentary Apollo Gold Tier Membership
Movie & Dining
2x Reward Points while spending on dining and movie related spends.
3x Reward Points on Apollo Services, 2x Reward Points on dining, movies, and entertainment, 1 Reward Point on every Rs. 100 spent on all other spends.
They can only be redeemed to avail services at Apollo Healthcare Centers and related stores.
Domestic Lounge Access
International Lounge Access
Zero Liability Protection
Zero Liability Protection is provided against lost/stolen credit cards upon reporting to the customer care of the bank.
Fees & Charges
Rs. 499 (plus applicable taxes)
Rs. 499 (plus applicable taxes)
Spend based Waiver
Waiver of renewal fee on the spending of Rs. 1 Lakh or more in the previous year.
Rewards Redemption Fee
Rewards Redemption Fee
Foreign Currency Markup
3.5% on all international transactions
3.5% per month (or 42% annually)
1% at all fuel stations in India. Surcharge amount is capped at Rs. 100 in a month.
Cash Advance Charge
2.5% of the amount or Rs. 500, higher of the two
Add-on Card Fee
Apollo SBI Card – Features and Benefits
Apollo SBI Card is a result of a partnership between SBI and Apollo Hospitals. It is something new in the market that provides the customers with healthcare benefits. This credit card has been specially designed for those individuals who spend on healthcare at the Apollo centres all over the country. This includes getting treatment at the Apollo Hospitals or purchasing medicines or products from the Apollo pharmacies. This credit card is suitable for individuals who get their medical needs fulfilled from the Apollo centres only. The cardholders will get an instant discount on selected Apollo services and accelerated reward points while transacting using their credit card at the Apollo hospitals. The Apollo SBI Card comes with an affordable joining and renewal fees of Rs. 499 which can be waived on the basis of the amount that the cardholder spends using his credit card in an anniversary year.
As a welcome benefit to this credit card, the cardholders will get the following advantages –
- 500 Reward Points amounting to Rs. 500 on paying the joining fee of the credit card. These reward points will be credited to the cardholder’s account 20 days after he has paid the joining fee on the credit card.
- Second, the cardholders will get complimentary Apollo Gold Tier Membership. This membership is provided to the cardholders only for the first year. If the cardholder would like to continue this membership to the second year, he will have to spend a minimum of Rs. 75,000 using his credit card at the Apollo Centres in the previous year. If the cardholder fails to spend an amount of Rs. 75,000 or more using his credit card in the previous year, his membership will be downgraded to Apollo Silver Tier Membership.
- With Apollo SBI Card, the cardholders can earn 2x Reward Points for every Rs. 100 spent on dining-related spends.
- The cardholders will get a fuel surcharge waiver of 1% on fuel transactions between Rs. 500 and Rs. 3,000 at all fuel stations in India.
- The fuel surcharge waiver amount is capped at a maximum of Rs. 100 in a month.
Spend Based Renewal Fee Waiver
- The renewal fee of Rs. 499 of the Apollo SBI Card can be waived off if the cardholder spends Rs. 1 Lakh or more using this credit card in an anniversary year.
Zero Credit Card Lost Liability
- In the unfortunate circumstances where your Apollo SBI Card is lost or stolen, you will not be liable for fraudulent transactions taking place through your card if you inform about the loss or theft of the card on an immediate basis.
Apollo SBI Card – Reward Benefits
Following are the details of the reward points that a cardholder can earn using his SBI Apollo Credit Card.
- You will get 3x Reward Points for every Rs. 100 spent on all Apollo services.
- The cardholders can earn 2x Reward Points for every Rs. 100 spent on expenditures related to Dining, Movies, and Entertainment.
- 1 Reward Point for every Rs. 100 spent on Beauty and Wellness services.
- You will get 1 Reward Point for every Rs. 200 spent on all other retail transactions except fuel.
- The cardholders can get up to a 10% Instant Discount at Select Apollo Services.
Since SBI Apollo Credit Card is quite different from regular credit cards, the reward redemption procedure of this credit card is also different. The reward points that the cardholders have earned with this credit card can be redeemed by the following methods –
- You can instantly redeem the earned reward points at POS.
- You can convert the reward points into health credits.
- The cardholders can also redeem the reward points against Apollo Vouchers.
- For the purpose of redemption, 1 Reward Point = Re. 1.
Apollo SBI Card: Fees and Charges
- The joining fee for the Apollo SBI Card is Rs. 499
- This card comes with a renewal fee of Rs. 499
- Apollo SBI Card offers a Foreign Currency markup fee of 3.5%
- 3.50% per month is the interest rate that is charged on this card. This comes out to be 42% annually
- The cash advance charges on this card are 2.5% of the transaction amount or Rs. 500, whichever is higher.
- The cardholders will have to pay a reward redemption fee of Rs. 99 per redemption request.
Eligibility Criteria for Apollo SBI Card
- Only Indian residents can apply for this card.
- Both salaried and self-employed individuals, above the age of 18 years can apply for this credit card.
- The add-on cardholder should at least be 18 years of age to get this card.
- The cardholder should have a stable source of income.
- The cardholder must have a good credit score to be eligible for this credit card.
How to apply for Apollo SBI Card
You can apply for this card through both – online and offline modes.
For online mode –
- Visit the official website www.sbicard.com
- Go to the ‘Credit Cards’ Tab
- Choose ‘Apollo SBI Card’ and then click on apply now
- You need to fill in all the required details and submit the documents required.
For offline mode –
You can visit the nearest SBI branch and fill in the credit card application form. Attach all the required documents. Submit it to the bank officials, who will then forward it to the credit card department for further processing.
From a pool of credit cards issued by the SBI Card, the Apollo SBI Card is a quite different credit card from regular credit cards. It is one of the best health credit cards in India, giving direct competition to other health-based cards like the YES Bank Wellness Credit Card. This credit card offers some exclusive healthcare benefits to individuals whose go-to brand for health treatments is Apollo. With this credit card, the cardholders can get an instant discount on select Apollo Services and can also avail of additional discounts while paying using their Apollo SBI Card at the Apollo Hospitals. Not only this, but you can also earn reward points while paying for non-fuel transactions as well. Apart from health benefits, this credit card provides some other benefits as well such as amazing welcome benefits, reward points on dining and movie-related spends, fuel surcharge waiver, etc.
With respect to the benefits that this credit card provides, the joining and renewal fee of this credit card is quite nominal, i.e., Rs, 499, which too can be waived off on the basis of the amount the individual spends using the credit card. Launching this credit card was a good initiative by the State Bank of India but the target audience would be quite limited as this credit card will be beneficial only to those who visit Apollo Centres for their medical needs. So, if you are the person who trusts Apollo for health care services, this card is meant for you!
We have tried our best to explain this credit card in detail, but still, if there exist any queries related to the SBI Apollo Credit Card, please feel free to ask us in the comment section below!
You are charged an annual fee of Rs. 499 plus applicable taxes.
Yes, the Apollo SBI Card does provide a fuel surcharge waiver of 1% on all transactions between Rs. 500 and Rs. 3,000. (the waiver will be subjected to a maximum of Rs. 100 per month)
You get additional reward points worth Rs. 500 and Apollo Gold Tier Membership.
No, the points earned cannot be redeemed on SBI Card’s Reward Catalogue. The earned points can only be redeemed to avail services at Apollo Healthcare Centers and related stores.
The monetary value of the reward points that you earn with the SBI Apollo Credit Card is 1 RP = Re. 1.
Yes, the joining fee of Rs. 499 of the Apollo SBI Card can be waived off if the cardholder spends an amount of Rs 1 Lakh or more using his credit card in an anniversary year.
Yes, this credit card is suitable for shopping as well as this credit card provides you with reward points on your shopping spends as well which can be redeemed later. But it would be better if you execute your medical expenses through this credit card as it will help you in earning better reward points.