The HSBC Smart Value Credit Card is among the most popular lifetime free credit cards in the Indian market. It comes with a zero annual & joining fee and provides its customers with several exciting welcome benefits, including complimentary airport lounge access, an Amazon gift voucher worth Rs. 500, up to Rs. 100 cashback on Google Pay, and up to Rs. 1,000 cashback on retail transactions within the first 60 days. Talking about its reward program, it earns you up to 3 Reward Points on every spend of Rs. 100. These reward points can be redeemed against an array of options available at the HSBC Rewards catalogue. However, you don’t get many premium benefits with this card, but it can still be considered a great option for people who are new to the world of credit cards.
Another great thing about this credit card is that it comes with a dynamic interest rate which can be 1.99% per month to 3.49% per month depending on the credit history of different individuals. You might get a lower interest rate if you have a very good credit profile and higher if your credit score is low. To understand the detailed features & benefits of the HSBC Smart Value card, and its fees & charges, go through the complete article:
HSBC Smart Value Credit Card
Best Suited For
Reward Points |
- Lifetime free credit card.
- 10% cashback up to Rs. 1,000 within the first 30 days of card membership.
- Earn up to 3 Reward Points on every spend of Rs. 100 using the HSBC Smart Value Credit Card.
- Complimentary airport lounge access as an introductory offer.
- Amazon gift voucher worth Rs. 500 as a welcome benefit.
- Variable interest rates.
- Cashback offers on achieving monthly spend milestones.
- 1% fuel surcharge waiver.
Rewards and Benefits
3 complimentary airport lounge access, an Amazon gift voucher worth Rs. 500, 10% cashback up to Rs. 1,000, and 50% discount on Google Pay.
Movie & Dining
1 Reward Points on every spend of Rs. 100 and 3x RPs on dining, telecom categories, and all online spends.
The earned Reward Points can be redeemed via the HSBC Rewards portal with the value of 1 Reward Point = up to Re. 0.35.
Domestic Lounge Access
International Lounge Access
Zero Liability Protection
You won’t be liable for any fraudulent transactions made on a lost/stolen card post reporting the loss to the bank
Fees & Charges
Spend based Waiver
Rewards Redemption Fee
Rs. 50 per redemption request.
Rewards Redemption Fee
Rs. 50 per redemption request.
Foreign Currency Markup
3.5% on all foreign currency transactions.
1.99% to 3.49% per month.
1% fuel surcharge waiver on all fuel transactions.
Cash Advance Charge
2.5% of the withdrawn amount subject to a minimum of Rs. 500.
Add-on Card Fee
HSBC Smart Value Credit Card Features and Benefits
The HSBC Smart Value Credit Card is an entry-level zero annual fee credit card and hence comes with some basic privileges, such as exclusive welcome benefits, and reward programs. To understand all the features and benefits of this credit card in detail, refer to the information provided below:
- You get an Amazon gift voucher worth Rs. 500.
- You get 10% cashback up to Rs. 1,000 on making a minimum of 5 transactions with a total spend of Rs. 5,000 or more within the first 60 days from card issuance.
- Get 3 complimentary domestic/international airport lounge access or 3 free meal vouchers or 3 complimentary meal vouchers.
- Get a 50% discount (capped at Rs. 100) on your first transaction on Google Pay.
- You earn 1 Reward Point on every retail spend of Rs. 100.
- You earn 3x Reward Points on selected categories, including dining, telecom categories, and all online transactions.
- The Reward Points you earn using this card are valid for two years from the accrual date.
- The Reward Points you earn can be redeemed against a host of categories including gift vouchers, products, and many more through the HSBC Rewards catalogue.
- The value of 1 Reward Point can be up to Re. 0.35 as it varies for different options.
- You are charged a fee of Rs. 50 on every reward redemption request.
Fuel Surcharge Waiver
You get a 1% fuel surcharge waiver on all fuel transactions made using your HSBC Smart Value Credit Card. You can save up to Rs. 3,000 every year through the fuel surcharge waiver on this card.
HSBC Smart Value Credit Card Fees and Charges
- The HSBC Smart Value Credit Card comes with a zero joining/annual fee, i.e, it is a lifetime free credit card.
- The interest rate on this credit card may be between 1.99% per month and 1.39% per month depending on the credit history of different individuals.
- The foreign currency markup fee on the HSBC Smart Value Credit Card is 3.5% on all foreign currency spends.
- The cash advance fee on this credit card is 2.5% of the cash amount withdrawn, subject to a minimum of Rs. 500.
HSBC Smart Value Credit Card Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria that the applicants need to fulfill in order to get approved for the HSBC Smart Value Card are as mentioned below:
- The age of the applicant should be between 18 years and 65 years.
- The annual income of the applicant should be above Rs. 4 lakhs.
- Only salaried individuals are eligible to apply for this card.
- The applicant should be a resident of India and must be living in one of these cities: Jaipur, Bengaluru, Chennai, Mumbai, Gurugram, Hyderabad, New Delhi, Noida, Pune, Chandigarh, Kolkata, and Ahmedabad.
How To Apply For HSBC Smart Value Credit Card?
To apply online for the HSBC Smart Value Credit Card, you will have to follow a few simple steps as mentioned below:
- Visit the official website of HSBC Bank.
- Under the section ‘Banking,’ click on ‘Credit Cards.’
- Scroll Down to find the ‘HSBC Smart Value Credit Card.’
- Click on Apply Now.
- Start the application by entering basic detail, including your name, mobile number, email, etc.
- Then enter your personal details, employment details, etc.
- Review the application and submit it.
Also Check: HSBC Visa Platinum Credit Card.
The HSBC Smart Value Credit Card is a basic credit card and is best suited for individuals who are looking for a lifetime free credit card. It still comes with a decent reward rate and welcomes its customers with exciting benefits, including complimentary lounge access, Amazon gift voucher, and many more. It earns you reward points on all your spends, which can be redeemed against a host of options of your choice. However, before applying for the card, you must be aware of its eligibility criteria as it can only be issued to salaried individuals and is available in selected cities only. If you are a resident of the cities that are mentioned above and you want to have an affordable credit card to save more on your spends. However, if you want to have a credit card with other types of benefits, you can check all the HSBC Credit Cards and choose one as per your needs. If you have any further doubts regarding the features & benefits of this card, you can freely ask us in the comment section below!
The Reward Points you earn using your HSBC Smart Value Credit Card are valid for 2 years from the date of accrual.
The minimum eligible age to apply for the HSBC Smart Value Credit Card is 18 years.
With the HSBC Smart Value Credit Card, you get 3 Reward Points on every spend of Rs. 100 on online spends.
The interest rate on the HSBC Smart Value Credit Card may vary between 1.99% per month to 3.49% per month.