HSBC Visa Platinum Credit Card is an entry-level credit card offered by HSBC Bank. It comes with no joining and annual fee and welcomes its customers with exclusive benefits, including complimentary lounge access, up to Rs. 2,000 cashback, a 50% discount on Google Pay, etc. With this card, you earn 2 Reward Points on every Rs. 100 you spend and you earn 5x reward points once your total spends reach Rs. 4 lakhs in an anniversary year. Not only the reward points, but it also gives you an amazing opportunity to earn up to Rs. 1,000 cashback every year under its milestone benefits.
Moreover, you get exciting benefits from the partner brands, including the ‘Buy 1 get 1 Free’ offer on BookMyShow and a discount of 10% on Tata Cliq, etc. Moreover, the fuel surcharge waiver, zero liability protection against a lost card are also among the key features of the card. To know more about the HSBC Visa Platinum Credit Card, keep reading:
HSBC Visa Platinum Credit Card
Best Suited For
Reward Points |
- No joining and annual fee.
- Amazon gift voucher worth Rs. 500.
- 3 complimentary airport lounge access/meal vouchers as a welcome benefit.
- 50% discount on your first transaction on Google Pay.
- 5x reward points on crossing annual spending of Rs. 4,00,000.
- 2 reward points on every other Rs. 150 spent on this card.
- Buy 1 get 1 offer on booking movie tickets through BookMyShow.
- 15% instant discount on selected products on Tata Cliq.
- Up to Rs. 1,000 cashback every year on achieving the milestone spend.
- 1% fuel surcharge waiver.
Rewards and Benefits
Amazon Voucher worth Rs. 500, 3 complimentary lounge access/3 meal vouchers, 50% discount (up to Rs.100) on the first transaction on google pay, and 10% cashback (upto Rs. 2,000).
Movie & Dining
Get a “Buy 1 Get 1” offer on booking movie tickets through BookMyShow on Saturdays.
Earn 2 reward points on every Rs. 150 spent on this card.
Redeem your reward points for gift vouchers, cosmetics, home appliances, donations, etc. 1 RP = up to Rs. 0.37
Domestic Lounge Access
International Lounge Access
Zero Liability Protection
Zero liability protection up to Rs. 3,00,000 in case of fraud or loss of card.
Fees & Charges
Spend based Waiver
Rewards Redemption Fee
Rewards Redemption Fee
Foreign Currency Markup
3.50% on all foreign currency spends
3.49% p.m. (41.88% p. a.)
Avail 1% fuel surcharge waiver at all petrol pumps in India on transactions between Rs. 400 – Rs. 4,000. The maximum surcharge waiver in a calendar year is capped at Rs. 250.
Cash Advance Charge
2.5% of the advance amount (minimum of Rs. 500)
Add-on Card Fee
- The HSBC Bank on HSBC Visa Platinum Credit Card allows you to enjoy welcome privileges on spending Rs. 1,000 within 30 days of receiving the card. The welcome privileges are as follows
- You get Amazon Voucher worth Rs. 500.
- You get 3 complimentary domestic and international lounge access or 3 meal vouchers at airport restaurants in India.
- You get a 50% discount (up to Rs. 100) on the first transaction on Google Pay.
- You get 10% cashback (up to Rs. 2,000) on making at least 5 eligible transactions with a total spend of Rs. 10,000 within the first 60 days of the card issuance.
- Note: The welcome benefits on HSBC Visa Platinum Credit Card are only valid till 31st December 2021.
HSBC Visa Platinum Credit Card Rewards
- You earn 2 Reward Points on every spend of Rs. 150.
- You can earn 5x reward points after crossing total spends of Rs. 4,00,000 in an anniversary year.
- You can redeem your reward points under HSBC Credit Cards Rewards Programme for gift vouchers, cosmetics, home appliances, donations, etc.
- On HSBC Visa Platinum Credit Card you can easily convert your reward points into AirMiles (InterMiles/ British Airways/Singapore Airlines).
- The maximum value of 1 reward point is equivalent to 0.37.
- For InterMiles conversion, 2 reward points are equivalent to 1 InterMile.
- For Singapore Airline Conversion, 1 reward point is equivalent to 1 Kris Flyer Mile.
- For British Airways (Executive Club) Conversion, 1 reward point is equivalent to 1 Avios Mile.
- On HSBC VISA Platinum Credit Card, you can also convert your reward points to Taj Inner Circle. (1,000 RPs = 1,000 Taj Inner Circle)
You get a cashback of Rs. 250 on spending over Rs. 50,000 in a calendar quarter ( up to Rs. 1,000 cashback in a year).
Movie & Dining benefits:
- You get a “Buy 1 Get 1” offer on booking movie tickets on Saturdays through BookMyShow. The maximum limit of discount is capped at Rs.250.
- You get a 10% discount up to Rs.300 on Tata CLiQ on a minimum transaction of Rs.1000 once a month every Thursday.
- Every Thursday you get a 10% discount of up to Rs. 1,500 up to on electronics on a minimum transaction of Rs. 3,000 once a month.
- On this card, you get a 10% discount of up to Rs. 1,500 on the Tata CLiQ luxury website on a minimum transaction of Rs.5000 once a month every Thursday.
HSBC Bank has launched HSBC Visa Platinum Credit Card, keeping in mind the requirements of those who want to have a lifetime free credit card with maximum saving opportunities. Even after being a card with no joining fee, the card provides its customers with some exclusive welcome benefits, which is one of the exceptional features of the card. Moreover, you can enjoy accelerated reward points once you reach a total spend of Rs. 4 lakhs. Keeping all these advantages of this card in mind, the card can be considered a great choice for people who are looking for an affordable card with multiple exciting benefits.
No, you do not get any lounge access under travel benefits on HSBC Visa Platinum Credit Card. Nevertheless, you can avail of 3 complimentary domestic and international lounge access as an introductory offer.
To get HSBC Visa Platinum Credit Card, the salaried employee must be between the age of 18-65 years and must have a minimum annual income of Rs. 4 lakhs.
No, HSBC Bank does not charge any redemption fee on this card.
On HSBC Visa Platinum Credit Card, HSBC Bank charges a foreign currency mark-up of 3.50% on the conversion amount.