As suggested by the name, the HDFC Diners Club Premium Credit Card is a premium card issued by the HDFC Bank with exciting reward offers and travel benefits. The bank provides the card with a joining fee of Rs. 2,500 and a welcome benefit of 2,500 Reward Points. With this card, you get 4 Reward Points on every spend of Rs. 150 on retail purchases. These reward points can be redeemed against Air tickets/Hotel bookings, Air Miles, Product Catalogue, & Cashback. Hence, you get an opportunity to save on all these expenses by using your earned Reward Points.
With a renewal fee of Rs. 2,500 only, the card has various exclusive benefits, such as complimentary airport lounge access every calendar year. The renewal fee can also be waived off if you spend Rs. 3 lakhs or more in the previous year. There are several other advantages of this card, such as insurance benefits across a variety of categories, zero liability protection, fuel surcharge waiver, etc. To know all about the HDFC Diners Premium Credit Card, its benefits, and fees & charges in detail, keep reading the information given below:
HDFC Bank Diners Club Premium Credit Card
Best Suited For
Movie & Dining
4 Reward Points on every retail spend of Rs. 150. Savings of up to 1.3% on all your spends through this card
You can redeem reward points against air tickets, and for AirMiles across Singapore Airlines, Air India, and Jet Airways at a rate of 1 RP = 0.50 Air Miles. 1 RP = Rs. 0.50 for redemption against Flight/Hotel bookings through Smartbuy, 1 RP = up to Rs. 0.35 for redemption against products & vouchers, and 1 RP = Rs. 0.20 for CashBack
6 Complimentary lounge access at more than 1,000 airports lounges globally
Domestic Lounge Access
Up to 6 domestic airport lounge access every year
International Lounge Access
Up to 6 international airport lounge access every year
Insurance cover of Rs. 1 Crore for an air accident, coverage worth Rs. 25 lakhs for emergency hospitalization, and a cover worth Rs. 50,000 for baggage delay
Zero Liability Protection
The cardholder will not be liable for any fraudulent transaction done through his/her lost/stolen credit card if reported to the bank within 24 hours of the loss
Spend Based Waiver
Renewal fee waived off for this card on spending over Rs. 3 lakhs within one anniversary year
Rewards Redemption Fee
Rs. 99 (plus applicable taxes)
Rewards Redemption Fee
Rs. 99 (plus applicable taxes)
Foreign Currency Markup
2% on all foreign currency transactions (plus applicable taxes)
3.6% per month (or 43.2% annually)
1% fuel surcharge waived off on all fuel transactions between Rs. 400 to Rs. 5,000
Cash Advance Charges
2.5% of the cash amount withdrawn or Rs. 500 (whichever is higher)
Add-on Card Fee
- Get a welcome benefit of 2,500 bonus Reward Points.
- Get 4 Reward Points for every Rs. 150 spent on retail purchases using your HDFC Diners Club Premium Card.
- Cardholders can redeem reward points against flight/hotel bookings across 150+ airlines.
- Up to 6 complimentary lounge access every year to over 1,000 airport lounges all across the world.
- Exclusive insurance benefits.
- 1% fuel surcharge waiver.
- Get your renewal fee waived on the basis of your spends.
- Get 6 complimentary access to more than 1000 lounges worldwide
- Renewal fee waiver on spending Rs. 3 Lakhs in the year
- Cross-currency conversion charges are low and 2% forex markup fee
- No complimentary movie ticket, entertainment, and dining offers
- No cashback on your spends made with the card
- Reward rate could have been a bit better
HDFC Diners Club Premium Credit Card Features And Benefits
This card is one of the most premium credit cards issued by the HDFC Bank with the Diners Club card network. It comes with various privileges, including welcome benefits, reward programs, travel benefits, and many more. Following is the detailed information about all the features and benefits of the HDFC Diners Premium Credit Card:
You get a welcome benefit of 2,500 bonus Reward Points. Cardholders are eligible to get the welcome bonus only after successful payment of the joining fee (first-year membership fee).
- You get 4 Reward Points for every domestic as well as international spends of Rs. 150.
- You don’t earn any reward points on fuel transactions.
- You can redeem reward points you earn against air tickets and hotel bookings across over 150 airlines.
- You get complimentary access to up to 6 domestic/international lounges every year through the Exclusive Lounge Program.
- The lounge accesses exceeding the maximum limit will be charged at the prevailing lounge rate.
- The complimentary lounge access is only for the Primary Cardholders.
|Accidental air death||Rs. 1 crore|
|Medical emergency cover||Up to Rs. 25 lakhs|
|Credit shield||Rs. 9 lakhs|
|Delayed baggage||Rs. 50,000|
You get a renewal benefit of 2,500 Reward Points after payment of the renewal fee.
Joining and Renewal Fee Waiver
The Renewal fee of Rs. 2,500 is waived off if you spend more than Rs. 3 lakhs in the previous anniversary year.
Fuel Surcharge Waiver
The HDFC Bank Diners Premium Credit card provides its customers with a 1% fuel surcharge waiver for all fuel transactions between Rs. 400 and Rs. 5,000.
Zero Liability protection
The HDFC Bank provides its customers with zero liability protection against a lost/stolen card. It means that the cardholder will not be liable for any fraudulent transactions made on a lost/stolen card if the loss has been reported to the bank in a timely manner.
HDFC Diners Club Premium Credit Card Rewards Redemption
The reward points you earn using the HDFC Diners Premium Credit Card can be redeemed against various categories at different rates as shown below in the table:
|Redemption Category||Value of 1 Reward Point|
|Flight/hotel bookings through Smartbuy||Re. 0.50|
HDFC Diners Club Premium Credit Card Fees & Charges
Every credit card can have different fees and charges depending on the benefits provided by the card. Before making a final decision to apply for a credit card, you must check all its fees and charges in detail. All the important charges of the HDFC Bank Diners Premium Credit Card are mentioned below:
- The annual fee of the HDFC Diners Club Premium card is Rs. 1,500, which can be waived off from the second year if you have spent Rs. 3 lakhs or more in the previous year.
- The interest rate on this credit card is 3.6% per month, which is 43.2% per annum.
- The foreign currency markup fee on the HDFC Diners Premium Credit Card is 2% of the total transaction amount. This fee is charged when you make a transaction in a different currency using your credit card.
- The cash advance fee on this credit card is 2.5% of the withdrawn amount subject to a minimum of Rs. 500. This fee is charged when you withdraw cash using your HDFC Diners Premium Credit card.
Eligibility Criteria For The HDFC Diners Club Premium Credit Card
The basic eligibility criteria that you will have to fulfill in order to get approved for the HDFc Bank Diners Premium Credit card are given in the table below. However, the bank can have some internal criteria as well.
|Salaried Employees||Self-Employed Individuals|
|Age||21 Years – 60 Years||21 Years – 65 Years|
|Income||Minimum Rs. 60,000 per month||Minimum Rs. 7,20,000 per annum (as per ITR)|
The documents required to apply for the HDFC Diners Club Premium Card are as mentioned below:
- Identity Proof – Aadhar Card, PAN Card, Voters’ Id, Driving Licence, etc.
- Address Proof – Aadhar Card, Utility bills, Voters’ Id, Passport, Driving Licence, etc.
- Income Proof – Latest 3 months’ salary slips/bank statements or Latest ITR.
HDFC Diners Club Premium Credit Card Limit
The credit limit that is provided to the HDFC Diners Premium Credit Card generally ranges between Rs. 1.5 lakhs to Rs. 5 lakhs. There is no fixed limit that is assigned to every cardholder, but it may vary depending on various factors, such as their payment history, credit score, and income. However, if you feel that the credit limit provided to you isn’t enough to fulfill your requirements, you can request your card issuer to assign a higher limit to you. There are many ways to apply for a credit limit increase. You can contact your customer care, visit your nearest branch, or do the same via internet banking. But, it is advisable to use your credit card responsibly for a few months before applying for a higher limit.
HDFC Diners Club Premium Credit Card Activation & PIN Generation
There are several ways to activate your HDFC Diners Premium Credit Card or to generate its PIN. You can choose any of the following methods for the same:
- Visit an HDFC Bank ATM nearest to you and find an option for credit card PIN generation from the main menu. After that, you can easily activate your card. Make sure that your registered mobile number is with you at the time of PIN generation.
- You can also generate your credit card PIN easily via internet banking or the HDFC bank mobile banking app. Just log in to your internet banking account and find the option to generate a credit card PIN under the section Manage Your Card.
- You can also contact the HDFC Bank credit cards customer care if you need any assistance regarding the same.
How To Apply For HDFC Diners Club Premium Credit Card?
You can apply for the HDFC Diners Club Premium Card online as well as offline at your convenience. To apply offline, you can visit your nearest HDFC branch and fill in the physical application form. If you want to apply online, you will just need to follow a few simple steps as follows:
- Visit the HDFC Bank’s official website.
- Under the ‘Borrow’ section, click on the option ‘Credit Cards.’
- You will see all the HDFC Bank Credit Cards under different categories.
- Under the section ‘Others,’ you will find the HDFC Bank Diners Premium Credit Card.
- Click on the ‘Know More’ option and then ‘Apply Online.’
- Fill in all the required details and proceed further.
HDFC Diners Club Premium Credit Card Application Status
If you have already applied for the HDFC Diners Club Premium Credit Card, you can check the application of your credit card application as follows:
- Visit the application tracking page of the HDFC Bank, enter the required details, like your application number, registered mobile number, etc, and the status of your application will be there on your screen in seconds.
- Contact your credit card customer care and ask them about your HDFC Diners Premium Credit Card application status.
- You can also visit your nearest HDFC branch and ask the bank executives about your credit card application status.
HDFC Diners Club Premium Credit Card Bill Payment
You can make your HDFC Diners Club Premium Card bill payment by any of the methods mentioned below:
- Log in to your internet banking account. Under the section ‘Credit Card,’ click on the ‘Credit Card Payment’ option and proceed accordingly.
- Another easy way to pay your HDFC Diners Club Premium Card bill is to do it via the HDFC Bank billdesk portal. Just enter the required details like your credit card number, email address, etc, and proceed.
- If you are having an account in a bank other than the HDFC bank, you can make your credit card bill payment via NEFT.
- If you use digital payment services-based apps like Paytm, PhonePe, etc, you can pay your credit card bill via these apps as well.
- If you want to pay your HDFC Diners Club Premium Credit Card bill offline, you can visit your nearest branch and make the payment via cash or cheque.
HDFC Bank Diners Club Premium Credit Card Login/Net Banking
If you want to register your credit card for internet banking, you can follow the below-mentioned steps for the same:
- Visit the official website of the HDFC bank.
- Scroll down to find the option ‘Ways to Bank’ and select ‘Online Banking.’
- Now under the option ‘Credit Card Net Banking,’ click on ‘Register Online.’
- Enter the required details and submit.
- Your HDFC Diners Club Premium Card will be successfully registered for internet banking after this.
HDFC Diners Club Premium Credit Card Customer Care
If you need any assistance related to your HDFc Bank Diners Club Premium Card, you can contact the HDFC Credit cards customer care via the following contact details:
- To get your queries solved within minutes via a phone call, you can dial 1800 266 4332.
- If you want to write an email describing your queries, you can send the email to [email protected].
Cards Similar to HDFC Diners Club Premium Credit Card
|Benefits||HDFC Bank Diners Club Premium Credit Card||HDFC Bank Diners Club Miles Credit Card||HDFC Bank Diners Club Privilege Credit Card|
|Annual Fee||Rs. 2,500||Rs. 1,000||Rs. 2,500|
|Rewards||4 Reward Points on every spend of Rs. 150.||4 Reward Points on every spend of Rs. 150||4 Reward Points on every spend of Rs. 150.|
|Reward Redemption||1 RP = 0.50 Airmiles for redemption gainst Airmiles, 1 RP = Re. 0.50 for redemption against flight/hotel bookings via SmartBuy, 1 RP = Re. 0.30 for products, and 1 RP = Re. 0.20 for redemption against cashback.||1 RP = 1 Airmile for redemption gainst Airmiles, 1 RP = Re. 0.50 for redemption against flight/hotel bookings via SmartBuy, 1 RP = Re. 0.35 for products, and 1 RP = Re. 0.20 for redemption against cashback.||1 RP = 0.50 Airmiles for redemption gainst Airmiles, 1 RP = Re. 0.50 for redemption against flight/hotel bookings via SmartBuy, 1 RP = Re. 0.30 for products, and 1 RP = Re. 0.20 for redemption against cashback.|
|Additional Benefits||Complimentary domestic and international airport lounge access
Spend-based waiver of the annual fee
|Complimentary domestic and international lounge access.
Minimum 15% off on dining.Spend-based annual fee waiver.
|Complimentary domestic and international lounge access.
Complimentary rounds of Golf every year.
Spend-based annual fee waiver.
Who Should Apply for this Credit Card
As you can tell by the name of this credit card, the HDFC Bank Diners Club Premium credit card is for individuals who want a premium lifestyle with exclusive benefits and features across multiple spend categories. Along with a welcome benefit of 2500 RPs, you get 4 RPs per RS. 150 spent on retail with the card.
The reward points earned by you can be redeemed against hotel/flight bookings and you can access more than 1000 lounges around the world up to 6 times per year. Based on the joining fee of the card, the rewards and benefits offered by the card are ideal for people wanting a premium lifestyle.
Keeping all its benefits in mind, it can be concluded that the HDFC Diners Club Premium credit card would be a great choice, not only for travellers but also for people who are looking for a credit card that allows them to save more. With a joining & renewal fee of Rs. 2,500 (which is worth it), it provides you with exclusive reward points, which can be redeemed against Air Tickets/Hotel bookings, Air Miles, Product catalog, and cashback, etc, allowing you to save a lot.
Moreover, the travel & insurance benefits provided by the card give you an even more strong reason to choose it. So, if you are looking for a credit card with travel benefits along with opportunities to save, you should undoubtedly go for this variant. Also, do let us know your views on our HDFC Bank Diners Club Premium credit card review in the comments section below.
Yes, the HDFC Bank Diners Club Premium Credit Card provides a welcome benefit of 2,500 bonus Reward Points.
The Reward Points you earn through this card expire after 2 years from the accumulation date.
The cash advance charges on the HDFC Bank Diners Club Premium Credit Card are 2.5% of the transacted amount subject to a minimum of Rs. 500.
1 Reward Point = Rs. 0.20 for redemption against Cashback.
No, the HDFC Bank Diners Club Premium Credit Card provides lounge access to its primary cardholders only.
Yes, the HDFC Bank Diners Premium Credit Card provides an emergency medical insurance coverage worth Rs. 25 lakhs.
The late payment charges on this credit card can be between Rs. 100 to Rs. 1,300 depending on the outstanding amount.
Yes, with the HDFC Diners Club Premium Credit Card, you get 6 complimentary domestic & international lounge access (combined) every year.