HDFC bank offers two credit cards in the super-premium category- HDFC Infinia and HDFC Bank Diners Club Black credit card. Both these credit cards offer a 24×7 concierge service, unlimited airport lounge access, complimentary rounds of golf at some of the handouts best golf destinations worldwide, and many other premium benefits. HDFC targets individuals with high net worth with these credit cards. If you’re searching for a premium card, you can pick any of the two, you won’t go wrong with either.
HDFC Diners Club Black Credit Card is better suited for you if you see yourself spending a substantial portion of your total credit card spends on popular apps/websites like Zomato, Ola, Amazon Prime, BookMyShow, etc. Keep reading to know more about this credit card –
HDFC Bank Diners Club Black Credit Card
Best Suited For
Travel | Dining | Shopping |
Movie & Dining
2X Reward Points on weekend dining
5 Reward Points on every spend of Rs. 150. 10x Reward Points on SmartBuy and 2x Reward Points on weekend dining
HDFC Bank Diners Club Black Reward Points are redeemable for flight/hotel bookings (1 RP = Re. 1) on SmartBuy, for AirMiles (1 RP = 1 AirMile), on Diners Club exclusive rewards redemption catalog (1 RP = Re. 0.5) and for cashbacks (1RP = Rs. 0.30).
Complimentary lounge access at 1,000+ airports in India and abroad, Reward Points redeemable for flight and hotel bookings on SmartBuy (1RP = Re. 1).
6 complimentary golf games per quarter at some of the most premium golf destinations around the world.
Domestic Lounge Access
Unlimited complimentary access to the domestic lounges
International Lounge Access
Unlimited complimentary access to the international lounges
Travel-related insurance benefits including an air accident cover worth Rs. 2 crores, emergency overseas hospitalization cover worth Rs. 50 Lakhs, and a credit liability cover worth up to Rs. 9 lakh.
Zero Liability Protection
Zero liability protection worth Rs. 9 lakh against a lost/stolen card.
Spend Based Waiver
Waiver of renewal fee on spending Rs. 5,00,000 in the previous year.
Rewards Redemption Fee
Rewards Redemption Fee
Foreign Currency Markup
1.99% (plus applicable taxes)
1.99% per month (or 23.88% annually)
1% fuel surcharge waived (max waiver capped at Rs. 1,000/month and min transaction of Rs. 400 required).
Cash Advance Charges
Higher of 2.5% of the amount withdrawn or Rs. 500.
Add-on Card Fee
- Complimentary annual membership of subscription platforms like Amazon Prime, Zomato Gold, Times Prime, etc, as a Welcome Benefit. These memberships are renewed on the expenditure of Rs. 8,00,000 in the anniversary year with HDFC Bank Diners Club Black credit card.
- Complimentary Ola Select, TataCliQ, BookMyShow, and cure.fit Live vouchers on spends of over Rs. 80,000 every month.
- 5 Reward Points for every Rs. 150 spent (Reward Rate = 3.3%).
- 10X Reward Points on select brands.
- 2X Reward Points on weekend dining.
- 6 complimentary golf games per quarter at some of the most premium golf destinations around the world.
- Low foreign currency markup fee of 1.99%.
- Unlimited lounge access at 1,000 plus airport lounges in India and abroad.
- Travel insurance benefits including an air accident cover worth Rs. 2 crore.
HDFC Bank Diners Club Black Credit Card Features and Benefits
The Diners Club Black Card is one of the most high-end HDFC Bank Credit Cards as the annual fee of this card is quite high and offers exclusive privileges across various categories. Following are the details of the features and benefits that come along with this credit card –
Complimentary annual memberships of Amazon Prime, Club Marriott, Forbes, Swiggy One, MMT BLACK, and Times Prime on spending 1.5 lakhs within the first 90 days of credit card issuance date or upon realization of the joining fee.
- Renewal of the subscriptions under the welcome benefits (Amazon Prime, Zomato Gold, Times Prime. etc.) on the annual expenditure of Rs. 8,00,000.
- Any 2 of the following monthly vouchers- Ola Select, a cure.fit Live, BookMyShow, and TATA CLiQ (worth Rs. 500 each) on monthly spends of Rs. 80,000.
- 2X Reward Points on weekend dining.
- Complimentary annual membership of Club Marriott and Swiggy One (3 months), which is renewed if the cardholders spends an amount increasing Rs. 8 Lakhs in an anniversary year.
HDFC Bank Diners Club Black Credit Card Travel Benefits:
- Unlimited complimentary access to the international and domestic lounges.
- Reward Points redeemable for InterMiles, Singapore Airlines AirMiles, and Club Vistara Points (1 Reward Point = 1 Airmile).
6 complimentary golf rounds every calendar quarter across the finest golf courses globally.
HDFC Diners Club Black Credit Card Insurance Benefits:
|Accidental air death||Rs. 2 crores|
|Medical emergency cover||Up to Rs. 50 lakhs|
|Delayed Baggage||Rs. 55,000|
|Credit liability||Rs. 9 lakhs|
Low Foreign Currency Markup:
A lower foreign currency markup of 1.99% on foreign currency transactions.
Fuel Surcharge Waiver:
A fuel surcharge waiver of 1% on a minimum fuel transaction of Rs. 400 at all fuels stations in India. The waiver amount is capped at a maximum of Rs. 1,000 per statement cycle.
Spend Based Renewal Fee Waiver
The renewal fee of Rs. 10,000 of this credit card is eligible for a waiver if the cardholders spends an amount exceeding Rs. 5 Lakhs in an anniversary year.
HDFC Bank Diners Club Black Credit Card Rewards:
- For every Rs. 150 spent on retail transactions, the cardholders will earn 5 Reward Points.
- Accelerated Reward Points(up to 10X) On the SmartBuy portal (more details here).
- 2X Reward Points on weekend dining.
- No reward points can be earned on transactions done towards fuel purchases.
- The validity period of reward points is 3 years from the date of transaction.
- A maximum of 5,000 Reward Points can be earned per day on insurance transactions.
The Reward Points earned HDFC Diners Club Black Card are redeemable for:
- booking flights/hotels on the SmartBuy portal.
- Airmiles at InterMiles, Singapore Airlines, and Club Vistara (transferred to other AirMiles programs.
- 14 different airmiles, including British Airways, Vietnam AIrlines, etc, and hotel loyalty points via the Rewards360 portal.
- items on the Diners Club exclusive reward redemption catalog.
- cashback (adjusted against the card’s statement balance.
For flight and hotel bookings, only 70% of the total payment can be made through the Reward Points.
The rate of redemption of reward points on different categories of expenditures is as below:
|1 Reward Point is equivalent to|
|Flights/Hotels on SmartBuy||Re. 1|
|Product Catalogue (vouchers/products)||Up to Rs. 0.50|
|Air Canada Aeroplan, British Airways, Etihad Airways, United Mileage Plus||0.5 mile/loyalty points|
|AirAsia Rewards, Accor Live Limitless, Avianca LifeMiles, Finnair Plus, Flying Blue, Hainan Airlines Fortune Wings Club, IHG One Reward, Vietnam AIlines Lotusmiles, Turkish Airlines, Wyndham Rewards||1 corresponding mile/loyalty point|
HDFC Bank Diners Club Black Card Fees and Charges
- You have to pay a joining and renewal fee of Rs. 10,000 for the HDFC Bank Diners Club Black Credit Card is Rs. 10,000.
- This credit card charges an interest rate of 1.99% monthly on the overdue amount.
- The Diners Club Black Card charges a lower forex fee of 1.99% of the total amount.
- You have to pay a cash advance fee of 2.5% of the amount withdrawn, or Rs. 500, the higher of the two.
HDFC Diners Club Black Credit Card Eligibility Criteria:
The following is the eligibility criteria that needs to be fulfilled to avail this credit card:
|Age||21-60 Years||21-65 Years|
|Income||>1.75 lakh/month||>21 lakh/annum|
Be assured that you have all the documents ready before you move further in the process to apply for this credit card. The list of documents that you will need while applying for this card is as follows:
- Identity Proof: Voters’ Id, Driving License, Aadhar Card, PAN Card, Passport, etc (any one of these).
- Address Proof: Voters’ Id, Passport, Aadhar Card, latest months’ utility bills, etc (any one of these).
- Proof of Income: Latest ITR or Latest bank statements/salary slips.
How To Apply For HDFC Bank Diners Club Black Card?
You can apply for HDFC Bank Diners Club Black Credit Card either online or offline.
- For online application, visit HDFC bank’s credit cards page, select the Diners Club Black card, submit the required documents and your application will be processed by the bank officials.
- The application can also be placed offline by visiting your nearest HDFC branch and submitting the required documents offline.
- Identity proofs, address proofs, and income proofs would also be required.
HDFC’s customer care service is available 24×7 including Sundays and holidays. You can dial their call center numbers- 61606161 or 6160616 (prefix the STD code) for any queries or to report the loss of card. You can also shoot them a mail at [email protected].
Should You Get HDFC Diners Club Black Credit Card?
Diners Club Black Credit Card is undoubtedly an exclusive card that comes with extraordinary benefits across different categories, but it might not be the right choice for everyone. Different people have different requirements and they should get a card accordingly. You should get the HDFC Diners Club Black Card if you fulfill all or most of the following requirements:
- You should get this card if you are a high net worth individual as it has a slightly high annual fee compared the so many other credit cards. So, you should make sure that you can afford the card without much difficulty.
- This card is also a great option for you if you travel very often domestically and internationally as complimentary lounge access is one of the most exclusive features of the card.
- If you don’t want to compromise with your luxurious lifestyle and you make most of your spends using your credit card.
Advantages and Disadvantages of HDFC Diners Club Black Credit Card
Though there are no major disadvantages of HDFC Diners Club Black Credit Card, it can not be the best option for some people only if they fail to maximize its benefits. The following are some of the advantages and disadvantages of getting this card:
- The Diners Club Black card is of great advantage for frequent flyers as it comes with unlimited complimentary domestic as well as international lounge access.
- On making purchases through the SmartBuy portal, you can earn 10x Reward Points, which is a great deal.
- You get a lot of complimentary subscriptions, including Amazon Prime, Club Marriott, Forbes, Swiggy One, MMTDOUBLEBLACK, Times Prime, etc, that allow you to save even more.
- The Diners Club Black Card has a high annual fee, which is not a disadvantage in general, but it might not be beneficial for those who don’t get the most out of their credit card.
- The minimum retail spend required to get the welcome benefits is quite high for some people, which is a minimum of Rs. 1.5 lakhs in 90 days.
What are the Lifestyle and Wellness Features of HDFC Diners Club Black Credit Card?
The HDFC Diners Club Black Credit Card has some great benefits across different categories. The lifestyle and wellness benefits that you may get with this card are listed below:
- Complimentary memberships to Amazon Prime, Club Marriott, Forbes, Swiggy One, MMTDOUBLEBLACK, and Times Prime on spending Rs. 1.5 lakhs or more in the first 90 days.
- Complimentary golf rounds 6 times every year.
- Foreign transactions are made easy by lower forex markup fees.
The Diners Club Black HDFC credit card is the second most premium card by the HDFC bank after Infinia. While the Infinia card is invite-only, the eligibility criteria for the Diners Club Black, as mentioned earlier, is also fairly strict. The annual membership fee of both the cards is the same, Rs. 10,000. Both these cards are almost equally rewarding.
While the Infinia card offers a higher cap on the Reward Points that can be earned under the monthly SmartBuy offer, the Diners Club Black credit card offers complimentary membership of many popular subscription services like Amazon Prime, Forbes, etc. Diners Club Black card also offers an additional weekend dining benefit with 2X Reward Points on dining spends on Saturdays and Sundays.
Overall, the HDFC Diners Club Black card is also a very good competitor of the Infinia card. If you are planning to sign up for a premium credit card, do compare the features and benefits of these two cards, visit this site to know more about the difference between the two.
If you still have any queries related to this credit card, please feel free to ask us in the comment section below!
The Reward Points that you earn are valid for a period of 3 years from the date of accrual, and expire thereafter.
Following are the ways to activate your HDFC Bank Diners Club Black credit card:
- Through the PIN sent by the bank – After successful approval of your application, the bank will send a 4-digit PIN along with your credit card. You can use this PIN for the first time and change it for security purpose.
- Through ATM – You can also activate your credit card through HDFC Bank ATM by choosing the ‘Create new PIN option.’ You will receive an OTP on your registered mobile number. Enter that and activate your card by creating the PIN.
- Through Net Banking – Net Banking is one of the easiest ways to activate your credit card. Just log in to your net banking account, find the option ‘Generate Credit Card PIN’, and get your card activated.
Yes, the annual subscriptions that you get as Welcome Benefits are renewed every year, subject to a minimum expenditure of Rs. 8,00,000 in an anniversary year.
You can get the HDFC Diners Club Black Card by applying online for it as follows:
- Visit HDFC Bank’s official website.
- Under the section ‘pay,’ find and select ‘Cards.’
- Choose the option ‘Credit Cards.’
- Select the HDFC Bank Diners Club Black Credit Card 7 click on ‘Apply Online.
- Fill in all the required details.
You can also apply offline for the card by visiting your nearest HDFC Bank branch.
To redeem the reward points, follow these simple steps:
- Log in to your HDFC Bank internet banking account with your username & password.
- Click on the tab ‘Credit Cards.’
- If you have not registered your card, register it by providing the required details.
- Under the left navigation bar, choose the option ‘Redeem Reward Points.’
- Select the Diners Club Black credit card and click on continue.
- Select the required category/products and redeem your points.
The monetary value of the Reward Points earned depends upon how the Reward Points are redeemed.
- 1 RP = Re. 1 for flight/hotel bookings on SmartBuy.
- 1 RP = 1 AirMile.
- 1 RP = Rs. 0.50 for purchases on the Diners Club product catalog.
- 1 RP = Rs. 0.30 for cashback (adjustment against the statement balance).
The limit of the HDFC Bank Diners Club black Credit card is generally above Rs. 4 lakhs.
The joining fee of the HDFC Diners Club Black Card is Rs. 10,000.
For any queries or complaints related to HDFC Diners club black credit card, you can contact customer care by calling on 1800 118 887.
Yes, the HDFC Diners Club Black Credit Card is totally worth it for those whose net monthly spends are high, who are frequent travelers and who love to have a luxurious lifestyle.
No Reward Points are earned on fuel purchases. Other than that, you get reward points every time you make a purchase using your card.