Slice Super Card is a BNPL (Buy Now Pay Later) card by the fintech startup Slice in collaboration with Visa and their banking partner SBM Bank. The card allows you to split (slice) your monthly spends into three and pay the amount in installments over the next three months. Slice Card is free for lifetime– no joining/renewal fee applicable.
You also earn rewards on your Slice Super Card. Slice Card earns you Reward Points as monies that are redeemable for cashback. You earn 1 monies for every Re. 1 spent with your Slice Super Card. The rate of redemption of monies for cashback varies depending upon the number of monies available in your account at the time of redemption (more details later).
Since Slice Super Card is an entry-level BNPL card and does not cost you even a single penny, you do not get any additional benefits like airport lounge access or insurance cover that you expect from a regular credit card, especially in the mid-range and premium segments. Read on to learn more about the Slice Super Card.
- Lifetime free pay-later card.
- Split your monthly spends into three installments with any extra charges.
- Earn a cashback of up to 2% on every transaction with the card.
- No credit score required for application processing.
- Exciting offers every week at partner merchants with Slice Spark.
- Accepted by 99.95% merchants across India that accept Visa credit/debit cards.
- Option to split your bills with friends by taking notes/adding tags.
Rewards and Benefits
Movie & Dining
Up to 2% cashback as monies
Monies redeemable for cashback
Domestic Lounge Access
International Lounge Access
Zero Liability Protection
Fees & Charges
Spend based Waiver
Rewards Redemption Fee
Rewards Redemption Fee
Foreign Currency Markup
International transactions not allowed
Fuel surcharge of 2% waived off on transactions less than or equal to Rs. 4,000 (max waiver capped at Rs. 200 per month)
Cash Advance Charge
Cash withdrawal not allowed
Add-on Card Fee
No add-on card issued
Slice Super Card Features and Benefits
Following are some of the most important features and benefits of the Slice Super Card:
- It is a lifetime free credit card with no hidden charges.
- You don’t need to have a credit score to get it.
- You are rewarded every time you swipe your Slice Super Card for any transaction.
- You can get exciting discount offers and deals across several popular merchants including Zomato, Swiggy, Big Basket, Netflix, and many more.
- You can split your monthly bills into three equal monthly installments without any charges.
- The Slice Card is accepted by all the merchants/outlets that are accepting Visa Cards.
Slice Super Card Rewards
- You earn Reward Points as monies on Slice Super Card.
- The cardholders can earn up to 2% cashback as monies.
- The monies earned on the Slice Super Card are redeemable for cashback.
- The redemption value of the monies depends upon the number of monies accumulated. Monies are redeemable for cashback as per the following table-
|Number of monies||Conversion Rate into Cashback|
|0 to 2,99,999||1%|
|3,00,000 to 4,99,999||1.5%|
|5,00,000 or more||2%|
- It is worth noting that while you do earn monies even on transactions split into installments, the same are reversed at the end of the month. Therefore, effectively, you earn monies only if you make the full payment with your Slice Card without splitting it into installments.
Slice Super Card Fees and Charges
Following is the detailed information about the fees and charges of the Slice Super Card:
- The Slice Super Card is a lifetime free credit card, i.e, no joining/annual fee is there.
- No interest charges are applicable on the Slice Credit Card.
- As Slice Credit Card is not a real credit card but more like a buy now pay later card, it doesn’t allow international transactions and cash withdrawals. Therefore, there is no cash withdrawal/forx markup fee.
How to Apply for Slice Super Card Online?
You can apply for Slice Super Card through Slice mobile app. You can either download the Slice app directly from the App Store/Play Store or you can visit the official Slice website and click/tap on Apply Now option and scan the QR code with your mobile and download the Slice app.
Who Should Apply for Slice Super Card?
While you can get a reward rate of up to 2% on your Slice Super Card, it is admittedly less rewarding than a regular entry-level credit card issued by a traditional bank. Slice Card still has two major advantages over traditional credit cards- it does not require you to have a credit history and it allows you to split your monthly spends into three equal installments payable over the next three months. Therefore, you should consider applying for Slice Super Card if you are looking for a BNPL (Buy Now Pay Later) Card, not for rewards, but for the aforementioned two reasons.
Slice Super Card Eligibility Criteria & Documentation
To get the Slice Super card, the applicants need to fulfill very basic eligibility criteria, which are as mentioned below:
- The applicant’s age should be at least 18 years.
- The applicant should have a stable source of income.
- No credit history/score is required.
You will need to provide a few details like mobile number, ID proof (Aadhar Card/Voter Card/PAN Card, etc.), address proof (Aadhar Card/Voter Card/Electricity/Telephone Bill, etc.), and proof of income (salary slip/income tax acknowledgment) to proceed with your Slice Card application.
Slice Super Card vs Uni Card
Slice Super Card and Uni Card are two of the most popular Fintech Cards in India and hence a lot of people are often confused between the two. The following table will make you understand the difference between the two cards:
|Slice Card||Uni Card|
While Slice Super Card is not as rewarding as a regular entry-level credit card, what makes Slice Card an attractive proposition, particularly for new to credit individuals or students, is that you need not have any credit history to be eligible for the Slice Card. So, if you do not have a credit history or have a bad credit score, Slice Super Card can be a good pick for you. Another reason why you might opt for Slice Super Card is, it allows you to convert your purchases into interest-free EMIs payable over the next three months. While regular credit cards like HDFC EasyEMI Credit Card also allow automatic conversion of purchases into EMIs, you are usually charged interest and a small processing fee on the transaction amount.
If you are considering a pay-later card, it’s better to compare all the options available in the market. Before you make up your mind it is a good idea to also have a look at UNI Card by Uniorbit Technologies which is the closest competitor of the Slice Super Card.
No, Slice Super Card is technically not a credit card. Although it works very much like a regular credit card, Slice Super Card is essentially a personal loan granted against a flexible monthly line of credit. Just as on a regular credit card, you also earn Reward Points (as monies) on your Slice Super Card, and just like credit card EMIs, your spends on the Slice Super Card can also be split into monthly installments payable over the next three months.
Yes, you earn Reward Points as monies on all purchases made with your Slice Super Card. You get 1 monies for every Re. 1 spent with your Card. The monetary value of 1 monies is between 1 paisa and 2 paise, depending upon the number of monies in your account at the time of redemption (more details above).
No, since Slice Super Card is an entry-level BNPL card, you do not get any complimentary domestic/international airport lounge access with your Slice Super Card.
While you do get monies for all types of transactions made with your Slice Card, the monies earned against transactions split into monthly installments are reversed at the end of the payment cycle. Therefore, effectively, you do not get any monies against transactions split into monthly installments.
A fuel surcharge of 2% of the transaction amount (subject to a minimum charge of Rs. 10) is applicable on fuel purchases with your Slice Card. However, this surcharge is waived off for fuel purchases worth less than or equal to Rs. 4,000.