Uni Pay 1/3rd Card is a Pay Later Card that allows you to split your monthly spends into three equal installments to be paid over the next three months. Uni Card is although not a traditional credit card, it works very much like credit cards as you get a monthly credit limit against a line of credit.
The key difference between a traditional credit card and Uni Card for the end-user is, while credit cards require you to pay the entire amount due within the grace period (usually 15-20 days post the end of the monthly payment cycle), Uni Card allows you to split your repayment amount into three equal installments.
Uni Card is issued by Uniorbit Technologies on the Visa payment platform in partnership with its banking partners RBL Bank and SBM Bank and NBFC partner Liquidoans. Uni Card is accepted by 99.9% of the merchants that accept Visa credit/debit cards. Read on to learn more about the Uni Pay 1/3rd Card.
Uni Pay 1/3rd Card
Best Suited For
- Uni Card with which you can split your spends in a given month into three installments payable in the next three months without any interest.
- The card is issued by Uni in collaboration with their banking partners- RBL Bank and SBM Bank and NBFC partner LiquidLoans.
- You get a cashback of 1% if you repay the entire amount spent in a single installment.
- A Late fee is applicable as per the late fee slab in case you miss any of the installments.
- As an introductory offer, the Uni Pay 1/3rd card is lifetime free- no joining/renewal fee applicable.
Rewards and Benefits
Complimentary chocolate bar, mask, and a baggage tag provided in the welcome kit
Movie & Dining
1% Cashback on making the full payment in a single installment
Domestic Lounge Access
International Lounge Access
Zero Liability Protection
Fees & Charges
Spend based Waiver
Rewards Redemption Fee
Rewards Redemption Fee
Foreign Currency Markup
International transactions not allowed
No interest rate. Late fee applicable as per the stipulated slab.
As charged by the merchant
Cash Advance Charge
Cash withdrawal not allowed
Add-on Card Fee
No add-on card allowed
Uni Pay 1/3rd Credit Card Benefits and Features
Uni Card (the physical card) is delivered to your doorstep in an elegant premium-looking box. As a welcome gift, you get a chocolate bar, a mask, and a personalized baggage tag in the welcome kit.
- You can split your payments into three parts for 3 months.
- You can also convert your purchases into EMIs for 6, 9, 12, or 18 months as per your comfort.
Uni Card Cashback/Rewards
You earn a cashback of 1% if you make the full repayment of the amount that you spent in a given month by the payment due date. However, those who don’t make the bill payments or pay only the minimum amount don’t get to avail of such cashback benefits.
Uni Pay 1/3rd Card Charges
- Joining/Annual Fee: As an introductory offer, Uni Pay 1/3rd Card is being offered at zero joining/renewal fee.
- Foreign Currency Mark-Up Fee: Currently, Uni Pay 1/3rd Card can not be used for making international transactions.
- Interest/Late Fee: Unlike traditional credit cards, as a Uni cardholder, you do not have to pay any interest on the due amount on your card if you fail to pay any of your monthly installments on time. You only have to pay a late fee depending upon the due amount on your card as per the following slab-
|Due Amount (in Rs.)||Late Fee Applicable (in Rs.)|
|1 – 250||0|
|251 – 1,000||25|
|1,001 – 2,500||100|
|2,501 – 5,000||250|
|5,001 – 10,000||500|
|10,001 – 20,000||1,000|
|20,001 – 30,000||1,500|
|30, 001 – 40,000||2,000|
|40,001 – 50,000||2,500|
|50,001 – 75,000||3,500|
|75,001 – 1,00,000||5,000|
|1,00,001 – 2,00,000||7,500|
|2,00,001 – 10,00,000||10,000|
UNI Card Eligibility Criteria
The UNI 1/3rd Card doesn’t have very strict eligibility criteria like that of the credit cards issued by the banks or other popular card issuers in the country. But, the following are a few eligibility requirements that the cardholders need to fulfill:
- The applicant’s age should be a minimum of 18 years.
- The applicants should have a stable source of income.
The documents required to apply for the UNI Pay 1/3rd Credit Card are as follows:
- Identity Proof: PAN Card, Aadhar Card, Passport, or Driving License.
- Address Proof: Latest months’ utility bills, Aadhar Card, or Passport.
- YOu might also need to submit an income proof like salary slips, bank statements, etc.
How to Apply Online for UNI Pay 1/3 Card?
You can apply for UNI Pay 1/3rd Card on the UNI Card official website or through the UNI Card mobile app. You need to fill in a simple and provide basic details like phone number, identity proof (like Aadhar Card, Voter Card, etc.), address proof, and proof of income (salary slip/ITR acknowledgment) for your UNI card application to be processed.
Who Should Apply for UNI Card?
UNI Card is not a traditional credit card. As mentioned earlier, it is a Pay Later Card that allows you to avail a loan against a monthly line of credit. The reward rate of UNI Card is also lower than most entry-level credit cards. Still, you may consider applying for the UNI Card if-
- you are not eligible for a regular credit card issued by a traditional bank. UNI Card has very flexible eligibility and therefore there is a high probability that you are eligible for UNI Card despite being ineligible for a traditional credit card.
- you want a BNPL (buy now pay later) card that allows you to pay you to split your card’s bill in three installments payable in the next three months.
Pay 1/3rd cards is a new category of financial products by neo-fintech startups in the country. These cards make buying expensive products even more affordable than credit cards as you can pay off your bill in three installments over the next three months- somewhat similar to converting your purchase into interest-free EMIs. In case you miss any of the installments, you have to pay a late fee as per the aforementioned slab, although no interest is applicable. As of now, you can split your expenses into 3 monthly installments, however, very soon, Uni plans to offer an option to split your card’s monthly expenses into longer duration EMIs of up to 18 months.
This was the UNI Pay 1/3rd Card review from our side. Let us know your views on this card in the comment section below!
Although it works very much like a regular EMI credit card (such as HDFC EasyEMI Credit Card) that allows you to make purchases on monthly EMIs. However, technically, it is not a credit card. Uni card only grants you a line of credit that allows you to make purchases and repay them in interest-free installments over the next three months.
No interest is payable on any spends made with the Uni Card. In case you miss any of the monthly installments, you only have to pay a late fee depending upon the amount due on the card (see the slab above for details).
You get a cashback of 1% if you repay all your monthly spends in a single installment.
No, you do not get any domestic/international airport lounge access with Uni Pay 1/3rd Card.