IndianOil Citi Credit Card launched by CitiBank is a co-branded fuel card offering great benefits including a strong reward rate in collaboration with IndianOil. HDFC Bank has also offered a similar credit card named Indian Oil HDFC Bank Credit Card, giving a high competition to this card offered by CitiBank. With an annual fee of Rs. 1,000, the card offers the chance to earn up to 71 liters of free fuel in a year. The card rewards you in the form of Turbo Points. As a welcome gift, on making your first transaction the cad rewards you with 250 Tubro Points. Moreover, you earn 1 Turbo Point for Rs. 150 spent on all your purchases, and accelerated Reward Points for your spends on groceries, departmental stores, and fuel purchases at IndianOil outlets.
The Turbo Points earned on Citibank Indian Oil Credit Card are redeemable against not only fuel but several other categories, including shopping, gift vouchers, AirMiles, cashback, etc. You can also avail of exciting discount offers on dining across a number of participating restaurants through your IndianOil Citi Credit Card. Keep reading to know more about the card, its features and benefits, fees associated with it, and much more.
IndianOil Citi Credit Card
Best Suited For
Movie & Dining
Up to a 20% discount on dining across several participating restaurants.
1 Turbo Point for every Rs. 150 spent, 2 Turbo Points for every Rs. 150 spent at supermarkets, and 4 Turbo Points on every time you spend Rs. 150 on fuel.
For redemption against fuel, 1 TP = Re.1, for other categories 1 TP = Re. 0.25 to Re. 0.35, and for AirMiles, 1 TP = 0.75 Airmile/Intermile.
Domestic Lounge Access
International Lounge Access
Zero Liability Protection
On reporting the lost card to the Bank, the cardholder will not be liable for any fraudulent transaction.
Spend Based Waiver
On spending Rs. 30,000 or more in the last year, the annual fee would be wavied off.
Rewards Redemption Fee
Rewards Redemption Fee
Foreign Currency Markup
3.5% on all foreign currency transactions.
3.75% per month
1% fuel surcharge waiver at all IndianOil outlets.
Cash Advance Charges
2.5% of the amount withdrawn or a minimum of Rs. 500.
Add-on Card Fee
- 1 Turbo Point for every Rs. 150 you spend.
- You get 2x Turbo Points for spending on groceries and supermarkets.
- You get 4x Turbo Points on spending on fuel at authorized IndianOil outlets.
- Get a welcome bonus of 250 Turbo Points.
- Turbo Points are redeemable against a variety of categories, including fuel, cashback, shopping, etc.
- Exciting dining discount offers across several participating restaurants.
- A 1% fuel surcharge waiver.
- Spending-based renewal fee waiver.
- 24*7 customer support.
Indian Oil Citi Credit Card Features and Benefits
As a fuel credit card, the Indian Oil Citi Credit card offers many benefits in fuel along with a number of other advantages. Following are the features of the Indian Oil credit card by CitiBank:
Earn 250 Turbo Points as a welcome gift if you make your first transaction within 30 days of card activation.
Get up to 20% discount on dining bills at various participating restaurants using your IndianOil Citi Credit Card.
- Exclusive saving offers on flights through MakeMyTrip.
- Saving of up to Rs. 1000 on EaseMyTrip.
- Up to 15% discount on Vista Rooms.
- Up to 15% cashback at duty-free stores.
Joining and Renewal Fee Waiver:
On spending Rs. 30,000 or above in the previous year, the annual fee of Rs. 1,000 can be waived off for the Indian Oil CitiBank Card.
Fuel Surcharge waiver:
Get a 1% waiver on fuel surcharge across all authorized IndianOil outlets on swiping your IndianOil Citi Credit Card for transactions above Rs. 10.
IndianOil Citi Credit Card Rewards:
- Since it is a fuel credit card, you earn Reward Points as Turbo Points on the Indian Oil Citi Credit Card.
- Get 1 Turbo Point every time you spend Rs.150.
- 2 Turbo Points per Rs. 150 you spend on supermarkets & groceries. For spends greater than Rs. 5,000, you get 1 extra Turbo Point on every Rs. 150 you spend. These incremental Turbo Points are capped at 34 Turbo Points per transaction.
- You get 4 Turbo Points per Rs. 150 spent on fuel purchases at authorized IndianOil outlets. The Turbo Points in this category are capped at 267 Turbo Points per transaction.
To redeem your Turbo Points, you need to visit www.online.citibank.co.in then click on the option ‘Redeem Reward Points’ under Credit cards. You can redeem your earned Turbo Points against online shopping, fuel, in-store shopping at partner brands, cashback, AirMiles/InterMiles, etc, at the rates given below:
|Redemption Category||Value of 1 RP|
|Fuel at Indian Oil outlets||Re. 1|
|Online shopping on travel sites||Re. 0.25|
|Other online shopping||Re. 0.30|
|In-store shopping at partner brands||Re. 0.30|
Note that, for redemption against fuel, you would need 250 Turbo points, for Air Miles/InterMiles you need 100 TPs, for Cashback you need 10,000 TPs and against gift vouchers no minimum limit of Turbo Points are required.
Indian Oil Citi Credit Card Eligibility Criteria
Following are the eligibility criteria that one needs to follow if they want to get approved for the Indian Oil Citi Card:
|Age||Minimum 21 years|
|Income||Stable source of Income|
|Credit Score||Decent credit score|
Following are the documents that are necessary when applying for the Indian Oil card by Citi Bank:
- Identity Proof (Driving Licence/ Aadhar Card/ Voter ID/ Passport).
- Address Proof (Voter ID/ Driving Licence/ Passport/ Aadhar Card).
- Past two months salary slip (for salaried employees).
- Latest year ITR with income computation (for self-employed individuals).
How To Apply for Citibank Indian Oil Credit Card?
The applicant can apply for the Indian Oil Citi card by visiting their nearest branch or they can easily apply online by following these simple steps:
- Go to https://www.online.citibank.co.in/.
- Click ‘Credit Cards.’
- Select ‘IndianOil Credit Card.’
- Choose the ‘IndianOil Citi Credit Card.’
- Click on ‘Begin your application.’
- Fill in all the mandatory particulars and complete all the formalities as mandated by the bank’s website.’
Citibank provides its customer with 24×7 customer support. Following are some customer care contact details of Citibank:
- Contact the emergency helpline, 1800 267 2425 (toll-free in India) or +91 22 4955 2425 (local dialing), if you have lost your card, if your card is stuck in an ATM, or if you receive notification about a transaction you didn’t make (always operational).
- For any other queries, you can contact 1860 210 2484 (available from 7AM – 9 PM, Monday to Saturday).
Although the IndianOil Citi Credit Card rewards you for most of the things you do with your card, it can be considered best for the people who have to make fuel transactions very often. With an opportunity to get up to 71 liters of free fuel in a year, you can redeem the Turbo Points against the category of your choice, including fuel. Providing Reward offers, and discount offers on dining and flight/hotel bookings with a nominal annual fee is the most significant thing about this card. Moreover, you can save amazingly with the card as along with Turbo Points, you are provided with a fuel surcharge waiver and a spend-based renewal fee waiver. In conclusion, if you want a card having a lower joining fee along with exciting benefits across several categories, the IndianOil Citi Credit Card is for you.
The interest rates applicable on the Indian Oil Card annually is 45% (3.75% per month).
1 Turbo Point = Re. 1 for redemption against fuel transactions at authorized IndianOil outlets.
The renewal fee for Indian Oil Citi Card is Rs. 1,000. One can get a wavier on the same by spending Rs. 30,000 or more in the last year.
Yes, you can avail of exclusive discount offers on flight bookings on MakeMyTrip and EaseMyTrip through your IndianOil Citi Credit Card.
Yes, you can redeem your Turbo Points against InterMiles at a rate of 1 Turbo Point = 0.75 InterMile.