IndianOil HDFC credit card is a co-branded credit card issued by the HDFC Bank in collaboration with IndianOil. This card rewards you in the form of fuel points, which can be used for purchasing fuel at Indian Oil Petrol pumps. Axis Bank also offers a similar credit card named ‘IndianOil Axis Bank Credit Card‘ in partnership with the Indian Oil Corporation Limited, which can be considered a strong competitor to this card. You can get up to 50 liters of free fuel annually by purchasing the fuel with the fuel points you earn.
You also get a complimentary membership IndianOil XTRAREWARDS Program (IXRP), which enables you to redeem the fuel points at a rate of 1 FP = Re. 0.96, which is a very good rate. Not only fuel points but you can also redeem your earned fuel points against products/vouchers and several other categories. This card comes with a nominal joining fee of Rs 500, which can be waived off if you spend Rs 20,000 in the first 90 days of card issuance. Read below to know more about the IndianOil HDFC credit card.
IndianOil HDFC Bank Credit Card
Best Suited For
Movie & Dining
Save 2.5% on your dining bills.
5% of spends as Fuel Points at IndianOil outlets, groceries, and bill payments, 1 Fuel Point on every Rs. 150 spent on all other purchases, reward rate of up to 4.8%
Fuel Points redeemable for Free Fuel using the complimentary IndianOil XTRAREWARDS Program (IXRP) membership at IndianOil outlets (1 FP = 96 Paise), through net-banking towards catalog products (1 FP = 20 Paise) and as cashback on the credit card (1 FP = 20 Paise)
Domestic Lounge Access
International Lounge Access
Zero Liability Protection
Zero liability of credit cardholders against any unauthorized transaction if the loss or theft is reported to the bank within 24 hours post-loss or theft.
Spend Based Waiver
The renewal fee will be waived off on the basis of the amount spent using the credit card.
Rewards Redemption Fee
Rs 99 per redemption request
Rewards Redemption Fee
Rs 99 per redemption request
Foreign Currency Markup
3.5% of the amount transacted
3.6% per month (or 43.2% per annum)
On a minimum fuel transaction of Rs. 400, you will get a fuel surcharge waiver of 1%.
Cash Advance Charges
2.5% of the amount withdrawn subject to a minimum charge of Rs 500.
Add-on Card Fee
- Complimentary IndianOil XTRAREWARDS Program membership.
- 1st-year membership fee waiver on spends of Rs 20,000 or above in the first 90 days with IndianOil HDFC Bank Credit Card.
- Renewal fee waiver on annual spends of Rs 50,000 and above in the previous year.
- 5% of spends as Fuel Points at IndianOil outlets, groceries, and bill payments.
- 1 Fuel Point on every Rs 150 spent on all other purchases.
- Up to 50 liters of free fuel annually using an IndianOil HDFC Bank credit card.
- Saving of 2.5% on dining.
- Fuel surcharge of 1% waived on all fuel transactions at all fuel stations across India.
IndianOil HDFC Credit Card Features and Benefits
The IndianOil HDFC Bank Credit Card is a fuel credit card issued by the bank in partnership with Indian Oil Corporation Limited. Other than fuel advantages, this card comes with an array of additional features and benefits, which are as mentioned below:
- Get a renewal fee waiver on annual spends of Rs 50,000 or above in the previous year.
- Condition to make your IndianOil HDFC Bank Credit Card lifetime free: If within the first 90 days of card issuance date, the cardholder activates any one of the following services, his credit card will be lifetime free –
– Balance Transfer
– One Assist
– General Insurance
The cardholder has to buy any 2 products/ 2 bills via SmartPay or 1 product and 1 bill via SmartPay.
Fuel Surcharge Waiver
1% fuel surcharge is waived on all fuel transactions exceeding Rs. 400 at all fuel stations across India. You can get a maximum cashback of Rs 250/- per statement cycle.
IndianOil HDFC Bank Credit Card Reward Points
- The card earns you Reward Points as Fuel Points.
- You get up to 5% of your purchases as Fuel Points at IndianOil outlets, groceries, and bill payments (In the first 6 months, you can get a maximum of 250 Fuel Points per month and a maximum of 150 Fuel Points post 6 months from card issuance).
- On all other fuel stations, you get 1 Fuel Point on every spend of Rs. 150.
- You get 1 Fuel Point on every Rs. 150/- spent on all other purchases.
- The fuel points last over a period of 2 years and expire thereafter.
You can use the Reward Points accumulated against a host of redemption options under the IndianOil XTRAREWARDS Program (rate of redemption as per the table below)-
|IndianOil XTRAREWARDS Program (IXRP)||1 Fuel Points = Rs 0.96|
|Through Product Catalogue||1 Fuel Point = Rs 0.20|
|Against Statement Cash||1 Fuel Points = Rs 0.20|
IndianOil HDFC Bank Credit Card Eligibility Criteria
Credit card applicants have to meet the below-mentioned eligibility criteria in order to apply for the IndianOil HDFC Bank Credit Card:
|Salaried Employees||Self-Employed Individuals|
|Age||21-60 Years||18-65 Years|
|Income||Minimum Rs. 1,20,000 per annum||Minimum Rs. 6,00,000 per annum (as per ITR)|
**IndianOil HDFC Bank Credit Card is offered only in the following cities, including Bangalore, Chennai, Delhi, Gurgaon, Hyderabad (including Secunderabad), Mumbai (including Thane, Vashi), Pune.
The documents that will be required to apply for the IndianOil HDFC Bank Credit Card are as follows:
|Document Proof||Documents acceptable|
|Identity Proof||PAN Card, Ration Card, Aadhaar card, Voter’s ID, etc.|
|Address Proof||Passport, Driving License, Utility Bills, Aadhaar card, Ration card, etc.|
|Income Proof||Latest bank statements or salary slips, Latest ITR.|
How to Apply For IndianOil HDFC Bank Credit Card?
To apply online, you can follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Visit the official website of HDFC Bank.
- Under the section ‘Borrow,’ select the option ‘Credit Cards.’
- You will be redirected to a new page where all the HDFC Bank credit cards have been categorized.
- Under the category ‘Fuel,’ choose the IndianOil HDFC Bank Credit Card.
- Click on ‘Apply Online.’
- Fill in the online application form and proceed further.
To apply through offline mode, you have to visit the nearest bank branch and fill in the application form present in the branch and attach the required documents.
IndianOil HDFC Bank credit card is the best suited for individuals with high fuel spending. This card offers you accelerated 5% Fuel Points on spends at IndianOil outlets, utility bill payments, and grocery shopping. It provides you with multiple redemption options, including fuel purchases, shopping, and many more. With XTRAREWARDS Program (IXRP), you can get a reward rate of Rs 0.96 on your fuel spending, which is a really significant reward rate. Moreover, you can make this card absolutely free by getting the joining and renewal fee waived off on the basis of your spends. What do you think about this credit card? Do let us know the comments.
These Fuel Points accumulated are valid for 2 years from the date of accumulation
Annual charge of Rs 500 plus applicable taxes are levied on IndianOil HDFC credit card
You can redeem these Fuel Points at IndianOil XTRAREWARDS Program (IXRP) for free fuel using your complimentary membership. You can redeem your reward points at select IndianOil outlets. 1 Fuel Point = Rs 0.96, and can be redeemed by converting Fuel Points into XRP.
IndianOil HDFC Bank Credit Card is offered in the following cities such as Bangalore, Chennai, Delhi, Gurgaon, Hyderabad (including Secunderabad), Mumbai (including Thane, Vashi), Pune
The interest rate charged on this credit card Rs 3.49% per month(41.88 per annum)