Many top credit card issuers like HDFC Bank and Axis Bank have their reward offers portal like Smartbuy and Grabdeals, where you can get accelerated reward points and massive returns on your transactions at select partner merchants. Similar to these programs, American Express launched their Reward Multiplier program where you have a chance to earn Membership reward points at an accelerated rate.
The Amex Reward Multiplier is a shopping portal where you pass through this portal to shop with your desired brand and earn accelerated reward points. The reward points you earn will differ based on the Amex credit card variant you use. You can purchase travel vouchers, flight bookings, electronics, fashion, and many other products. Some of the top brands with which Amex has partnered are Flipkart, Tanishq, Apple, Dyson, Croma, MakeMyTrip, etc.
Amex Credit Cards Eligible for Reward Multiplier
The following Amex credit cards are eligible to get up to 5x Membership Reward Points on the Reward Multiplier shopping portal.
- American Express Centurion Credit Card
- American Express Platinum Credit Card
- American Express Platinum Reserve Credit Card
- American Express Platinum Travel Credit Card
- American Express Gold Card
- American Express Membership Rewards Credit Card
- American Express SmartEarn Credit Card
All corporate and cobranded cards issued by American Express are not eligible to get accelerated reward points through the Reward Multiplier portal.
Reward Multiplier Benefits
Shopping through the Rewards Multiplier portal will earn you accelerated reward points based on your card. Different cards have a different reward multiplication factor. The following table shows the bonus reward points earned by all Amex credit cards –
|Credit Card||Reward Multiplier||Bonus Reward Points||Normal Reward Points||Total Reward Points|
|American Express Centurion Credit Card||10x||54 points per Rs. 200 spent||6 points per Rs. 200 spent||60 points per Rs. 200 spent|
|American Express Platinum Credit Card||5x||4 points per Rs. 40 spent||1 point per Rs. 40 spent||5 points per Rs. 40 spent|
|American Express Platinum Reserve Credit Card||3x||2 points per Rs. 50 spent||1 point per Rs. 50 spent||3 points per Rs. 50 spent|
|American Express Platinum Travel Credit Card||3x||2 points per Rs. 50 spent||1 point per Rs. 50 spent||3 points per Rs. 50 spent|
|American Express Gold Card||5x||4 points per Rs. 50 spent||1 point per Rs. 50 spent||5 points per Rs. 50 spent|
|American Express Membership Rewards Credit Card||2x||1 point per Rs. 50 spent||1 point per Rs. 50 spent||2 points per Rs. 50 spent|
|American Express SmartEarn Credit Card||2x||1 point per Rs. 50 spent||1 point per Rs. 50 spent||2 points per Rs. 50 spent|
Reward Multiplier – Partner Brands
Amex has partnered with various top brands for the Reward Multiplier portal and you can earn bonus points when you shop at these brands through the portal. The following are the top brands that American Express has partnered with across different categories –
Marketplace – Flipkart, Myntra, AJIO, Tata Cliq
Travel – MakeMyTrip, IHG, Etihad Airways, Oberoi Hotels
Electronics – Apple, Dyson, Croma, OnePlus, Lenovo, Boat, etc.
Fashion – Tanishq, Marks & Spencers, Hidesign, FabIndia, Urbanic, Jack & Jones, GAS, Only, etc.
Home Décor – Pepperfry, Durian, Kama, Forest Essentials, etc.
Others – Udemy, Lakme, igp.com, Wildcraft, Kenzo, etc.
How to Earn Bonus Reward Points with Reward Multiplier
Carry out the following steps if you want to earn bonus Membership Reward Points on your Amex credit card at the Reward Multiplier portal –
- Head over to the Amex Reward Multiplier portal. Choose any merchant you wish to purchase from and then click Shop Now. You do not need to log in to your account.
- Enter a few details about your credit card and then click Submit. When you reach the merchant website through the portal, make sure that the Cart is empty before you begin choosing what to purchase.
- Add the products and vouchers to your Cart that you want to buy.
- Move to the check out page and make sure to pay with the Amex credit card that you used earlier for validation.
Terms and Conditions
These are the terms and conditions related to the Amex Reward multiplier offer –
- Only eligible Amex credit cards as discussed above can get the Reward Multiplier benefits and the accelerated reward rate is different for different cards.
- You will receive the bonus reward points only if you reach the merchant website through the Reward Multiplier portal and not directly.
- American Express can modify the offer or change their partner merchants without prior notice anytime.
- The maximum bonus reward points are capped at 25,000 per month no matter the Amex credit card you are using.
- The bonus reward points on your Amex credit card earned through shopping through the Reward multiplier portal are credit inside 120 days after the transaction.
- You must make the entire payment with your Amex credit card on the merchant website to be eligible for the bonus reward points. You will not get the bonus reward points if you partly make the transaction with another payment option.
- You will not earn the bonus reward points in case you cancelled the transaction or returned your purchased items.
- If you are credited the bonus reward points and your transaction is deemed ingenuine or cancelled, the bonus points will get reversed from your account.
What to do for Successfully Earning Bonus Reward Points?
You only get bonus reward points for complete and genuine transactions that the merchant can track and verify. To ensure a successful transaction, keep the following points in mind
- Clear your browser cache and cookies before you log in.
- Go to your browser settings and enable cookies there.
- Ensure that you have an empty cart before you begin shopping and adding items at the merchant website.
- Make sure that you are not browsing in a private or incognito mode.
- Once you redirect from the Reward Multiplier portal to the merchant website, do not open any price comparison or discount coupon websites.
- Make sure to complete the transaction wholly with your Amex credit card and not use any other payment method for partial payments.
- Do not cancel the transaction or return all or your part of your purchased products else you won’t get the bonus reward points.
- Do not open the merchant’s mobile application while you are being redirected from the Reward Multiplier portal.
Exclusions from the Reward Multiplier
You will not earn bonus reward points on certain products through the Reward Multiplier portal –
|All mobile phones||Excluded||Excluded|
|Gold & Silver coins, Gemstones||Excluded||Excluded|
|OnePlus: 7T Pro, 7T, 7 Pro, 7T Pro Mclaren, 8, 8 Pro, Nord, Nord 2 5G, Nord CE 2 5G||Excluded||Excluded|
|All Apple iPhones||Excluded||Excluded|
|Xiaomi All Phones, OPPO Reno8 Pro 5G, vivo T1 X||Excluded||Excluded|
|Flight/Hotel bookings, bill payments, recharges, insurance, gift cards||Excluded||Excluded|
|Video Game Consoles and Hardware||Excluded||Excluded|
|Dizo Star 300 & 500, Itel A23 Pro, Gfive U707, The Music House 4||Excluded||Excluded|
Bonus reward points are not credit on delivery charges, taxes, and other charges incurred while purchasing products or services from merchants.
- Apart from iPhones, other excluded Apple products are – iTunes products, Apple Watch SE (2nd Gen), Apple Watch Series 8, AirPods Pro, iPad Air, iPad 8th Gen, Homepod 17, MacBook Air M1 & M2, MacBook Pro M1, M1 Max 14 & 16 inch, MacBook Pro M2 Max 14 & 16 inch, Mac Mini M2 & M2 Pro, iPad 9th Gen, Apple Pro XDR, Max 17, Mac Mini M2 and M2 Pro, iPad Mac BTS gift card.
- You can order 2 iPhone unites per month
- You can order 3 units of other Apple products per month
- Gold and Silver products are excluded on Ajio
- Gift cards are excluded on Tanishq
Gift Vouchers via Reward Multiplier
In a few clicks, you can get gift vouchers from your favorite brands via the Reward Multiplier portal.
- Open the Reward Multiplier portal and click Shop Now, you will be redirected to the Amex Gyftr website which has gift vouchers from top brands.
- Add all the gift vouchers you want to purchase and then click on Check Out.
- Proceed with the payment using your American Express credit card and the voucher will be sent to your registered mail address.
- The bonus Membership Rewards points will reach your account inside 5 days.
On the Gyftr portal, you can get exclusive discount on top brands’ gift vouchers in addition to the bonus reward points on your credit card.
You can click on any brand and then choose the denomination of the gift card you want to purchase.
Also, you can either get the promo codes and use them directly at the brands you want to shop at, or you can send gift vouchers to your friends and family members as a surprise.
You can use your gift vouchers or cards in the following way –
- Visit the brand’s online store for which you have the gift card.
- Choose the products or services you want to purchase and add them to your cart.
- Click on gift voucher or gift card segment on the payment page.
- Enter your gift voucher code and then click Apply. After the final step, the amount will get redeemed automatically. Different brand pages may have different steps to redeem your gift voucher.
Just like the Axis Grabdeals and HDFC Smartbuy portal, the American Express Reward Multiplier portal makes your credit card more rewarding and beneficial by offering bonus reward points. Amex has partnered with multiple top brands and regularly come up with other offers in addition to the accelerated Membership reward points.
American Express has a great line up of credit cards in the Indian market and the Reward Multiplier offer makes it even better for their cardholders. Make sure you follow all terms and conditions and make the payment in the correct manner so that you earn bonus Membership Reward points.
1. What is American Express Reward Multiplier?
American Express Rewards Multiplier is an aggregator portal by American Express exclusive for AmEx credit cardholders. You can shop for e-vouchers, book flight/hotel tickets on Reward Multiplier. All transactions on the Reward Multiplier portal earn Membership Rewards Points at an accelerated rate (up to 10X).
2. What is the rate of earning Membership Rewards Points on Reward Multiplier?
The rate of earning Membership Rewards Points on Rewards Multiplier is different for different credit cards-
- 10X Membership Rewards Points on American Express Centurian Credit Card – 60 Membership Rewards Points per Rs. 200 spent with the card.
- 5X Membership Rewards Points on American Express Platinum Credit Card – 5 Membership Rewards Points per Rs. 40 spent with the card.
- 5X Membership Rewards Points on American Express Gold Credit Card – 5 Membership Rewards Points per Rs. 50 spent with the card.
- 3X Membership Rewards Points on American Express Platinum Reserve Credit Card and American Express Platinum Travel Credit Card – 3 Membership Rewards Points per Rs. 50 spent with the card.
- 2X Membership Rewards Points on American Express Membership Rewards Credit Card, American Express SmartEarn Credit Card and all other Cards issued by American Express excluding all Corporate Cards and Cobrand Cards- 2 Membership Rewards Points per Rs. 50 spent.
3. What is the maximum number of Bonus Membership Rewards Points that can be earned on shopping via American Express Rewards Multiplier?
You can earn a maximum of 25,000 Bonus Membership Rewards Points in a given calendar month on shopping via American Express Rewards Multiplier.
4. Do I earn the Bonus Membership Rewards Points if I shop directly from one of American Express partner merchants (not via the Reward Multiplier link)?
No, in order to earn the Bonus Membership Rewards Points, you must land on the partner merchant’s website through a link on the Reward Multiplier portal.
5. Do I earn the Bonus Membership Rewards Points if part of the payment is made via some other payment method?
No, you’ll earn the Bonus Membership Rewards Points only if you make the payment in full using your eligible American Express credit card.
Amazon GV not available on Amex Platform, has it been removed?