Bank of Baroda Prime credit card is a popular secured credit card (i.e. card against fixed deposit) offered by BoB Financial, the financial services-related company owned by Bank of Baroda. The Prime credit card is issued against an FD of Rs 15,000 or more and no income proof is required. This card is a lifetime free credit card, i.e, you don’t need to pay any annual changes to avail of its benefits. You get 4 Rewards on every Rs 100 spent (equivalent to 1% cashback) on all categories. These points can easily be redeemed against a lot of exclusive options including shopping, gift vouchers, etc.
There are many more advantages associated with the Bank Of Baroda Prime credit card such as accidental insurance cover, fuel surcharge waiver, zero liability cover, etc. It is a great option for those who don’t have a credit history as they can build their credit by using this no-annual-fee credit card. Read below to know more about the BoB Prime credit card:
Bank of Baroda (BoB) Prime Credit Card
Best Suited For
Reward Points |
- Guaranteed issuance against a fixed deposit of Rs. 15,000.
- No joining/annual fee.
- 4 Reward points on every retail purchase of Rs 100.
- 1% fuel surcharge waiver on all fuel spends.
- Complimentary personal accident insurance cover.
- Lost card liability protection.
Rewards and Benefits
Movie & Dining
4 RPs on every Rs 100 spent.
1 Reward Point = Re. 0.25
Domestic Lounge Access
International Lounge Access
Cardholders get insurance coverage against personal accident.
Zero Liability Protection
The cardholders are not responsible for any unauthorized purchases reporting the loss of the card to the bank.
Fees & Charges
Spend based Waiver
Rewards Redemption Fee
Rewards Redemption Fee
Foreign Currency Markup
3.5% on the total foreign conversion amount
3.25% per month (39% annually)
1% fuel surcharge waiver on all fuel purchases between Rs. 400 and Rs. 5,000 at all petrol stations.
Cash Advance Charge
2.5% of the withdrawn amount subject to a minimum charge of Rs. 300.
Add-on Card Fee
Bank of Baroda Prime Credit Card Features and Benefits
The Prime Credit Card offered by the Bank of Baroda is one of the popular secured credit cards that is issued by BoB Financial against a fixed deposit of Rs. 15,000. It comes with a really decent reward rate and a number of other benefits across various categories. The detailed features & benefits of this credit card are given below:
With the Prime credit card issued by Bank of Baroda, you get free personal insurance accident cover your losses and damages suffered.
Fuel Surcharge Waiver
You get a waiver of the 1% fuel surcharge on all fuel transactions between Rs 400 and Rs 5,000. The cardholders can get a maximum waiver of up to Rs 250 statement cycle.
Zero Liability Protection
You get a zero liability cover on fraudulent/unauthorized transactions made on a stolen/lost card if the loss is reported to the bank in a timely manner.
- Zero membership fee is charged on this BoB Prime credit card.
- You can convert your purchase of more than Rs 2500 into an EMI transaction on this credit card
BoB Prime Credit Card Rewards
The Reward rate offered with the Bank of Baroda Prime Credit Card are given below in detail:
- You get 4 Reward Points every time you spend Rs. 100.
- No reward points can be earned on fuel spends.
- The reward points earned by the cardholders using the Prime Card can be redeemed by logging into your internet banking account.
- You can redeem your earned points against several categories at a rate of 1 RP = Re. 0.25
Bank of Baroda Prime Credit Card Eligibility Criteria
There are some very basic eligibility criteria that must be fulfilled by the applicants if they want to get approved for the BoB Prime Credit Card. These eligibility requirements are listed down:
- The applicant should have a minimum age of 21 years.
- The applicant needs to have a stable source of income (salaried as well as self-employed people are eligible to apply).
- The applicant should preferably have a good credit score.
The documents required to apply for the Bank of Baroda Prime Credit Card are listed below:
- Identity Proof: PAN Card, Voter’s Card, Driving License, Aadhar Card, or Passport.
- Address Proof: Utility bills of the latest three months, Passport, Aadhar Card, rent agreement, or some other valid government-approved address proof.
- Proof of Income: Latest months’ bank statements or salary slips (in case of salaried individuals), or latest audited ITR (in case of self-employed people).
How to Apply for a BoB Prime Credit Card?
Bank of Baroda provides you with several ways to apply for the the BoB Prime Credit Card online or offline at your convenience. To apply offline, you can just visit your nearest BoB branch with all the above-listed documents and fill out the physical application form there. You also have the option to apply online for this card by following a few simple steps that are mentioned below:
Step 1: Visit the Bob Financial’s official page www.bobfinancial.com/prime.jsp
Step 2: Select the Bank Of Baroda Prime credit card
Step 3: Click on the button “Apply Now”
Step 4: Fill out the required digital application form
Step 5: Complete all the required formalities on the bank’s website
Bank of Baroda Prime credit card is a basic/entry-level secured credit card that is best suited for beginners who have a low credit score or who don’t even have any credit history. You get a great reward rate of 4 Rewards on every Rs 100 spent, which is equivalent to 1% cashback on all purchases. Being a zero annual fee credit card with such a decent reward rate, it should definitely be considered by those who are beginners in the world of credit cards. Another credit card that you must check is the BoB Premier Credit Card.
This was the review on the BoB Prime Credit Card from our side. Make sure to let us know your doubts/queries regarding this card in the comments below.
1 Reward point issued by Bank Of Baroda Prime credit card is equivalent to Re. 0.25.
Yes, the Bank of Baroda Prime credit card is lifetime free.
The credit limit of my Bank Of Baroda Prime credit card is fixed at 80-90% of the fixed deposit.
You get a maximum waiver of Rs 250 per statement cycle.
You can convert your credit card purchases into EMI transactions of Rs 2500.