SBI Card is a trusted and one of the most popular credit card issuers in the country and many people prefer having SBI Credit Cards over other cards available in the market. The card issuer keeps all the requirements of its customers in mind and offers the facility of add-on credit cards. The primary credit cardholders of SBI can get supplementary cards for their family members and they can further improve their credit scores using them. To use a credit card in the right manner, it is important to understand the procedure of generating and changing its PIN. PIN generation needs to be done only once. but it is advisable to change the PIN from time to time to avoid fraud. In this article, we will help you understand the different ways of SBI add-on Credit card PIN generation/change. Keep reading for more information:
How To Activate SBI Add-On Credit Cards?
After getting an add-on credit card, the first and most important thing that you need to do is to generate the PIN of your credit card to activate it. There are various online and offline methods to activate SBI Credit Cards or generate their PIN. Continue reading for further details:
Online Methods of PIN Generation
Online methods are much more convenient for banking-related tasks as these take less time compared to offline methods. Taking about the SBI Add-On Credit Cards PIN generation, there are several online ways to do it as follows:
Via Internet Banking
Internet Banking seems to be the easiest way to get banking-related tasks done nowadays. It has made everything easier as one can get their tasks done in a few minutes. SBI Card, being one of the major card issuers, also provides its customers with an internet banking facility and the customers can easily get the primary as well as the add-on cards activated using it. The following are the steps that you can follow to generate an SBI add-on Credit Cards PIN via net banking:
- Log in to your internet banking account (the primary cardholder’s net banking account) and click on the ‘My Account’ tab.
- Find the Supplementary/add-on cards section under that.
- Under that, find an option to manage add-on Credit Card PIN.
- Click on the Generate OTP option and the OTP received on your registered mobile number.
- Enter the 4-digit PIN that you want to set, re-enter it, and proceed further accordingly.
By Contacting Customer Care
You can also contact the SBI Credit Card customer care to activate your SBI add-on credit card or to generate its PIN. Just contact customer care at 1800 180 1290 and ask the bank officials to help you generate the PIN of your credit card. They will ask you for a few details like your card number, OTP, etc, and you will have to follow the instructions given by them carefully.
Via The Mobile App
Just like internet banking, generating your credit card PIN through the SBI Card mobile app is also an easy process. Primary Cardholders can simply follow the below-mentioned to activate their add-on credit cards via the SBI Card mobile app:
- Log in to the SBI Card mobile app.
- From the menu, select the option ‘Add-On Cards.’
- Select the add-on card for which you want to generate the PIN.
- Follow all the necessary steps and proceed further accordingly.
Via Chatbot ILA
You can also use the SBI Card’s virtual assistance ILA to generate your credit card PIN. After logging in to your net banking account or the mobile app, just click on the ‘AskILA’ option on the rightmost upper or lower corner of your screen. Just type ‘Add-On Credit Card PIN Generation’ there and follow the instructions given by the chatbot.
Apart from the online methods mentioned above, there are a few offline methods that can be used to generate the PIN of SBI add-on Credit Cards.
Via SBI ATM
You can easily generate the PIN of your SBI add-on credit card via an ATM nearest to you. Just follow the steps given below and the required task will be done in a few seconds:
- Insert your credit card into the ATM.
- From the main menu, find an option for credit card PIN generation.
- Click on that and start the process.
- You might also need to enter the OTP sent to your registered mobile number so make sure to carry the registered number with you.
- Enter the 4-digit PIN that you want to set and proceed further.
SBI Add-On Credit Cards PIN Change
When you use a credit card, it is advisable to change your credit card PIN on a regular basis to reduce the chances of fraudulent transactions. The following are some of the most significant ways to change the PIN of an SBI add-on credit card:
- The easiest and most convenient way to change your SBI add-on credit card’s PIN is to do it via internet banking. You can find an option to change the add-on card page link by following the same steps that are required for PIN generation.
- You can also contact the SBI Card’s customer care at 1800 180 1290 and ask the bank executives to help you with your credit card PIN changing process.
- Another way to change your credit card PIN is to do it via an ATM nearest to you. Just visit the ATM, simply insert your credit card into the machine, find an option to generate/change your PIN, and follow all the required steps.
- The online chatbot AskILA can also be used to get your credit card PIN changed. Just type ‘Add-On Credit Card PIN Change’ on the chatbox and send it. The online assistance will definitely help you out with this.
We hope that you have understood all the ways to generate or change the PIN for an SBI add-on Credit Card. You can choose any of the methods mentioned above as per your convenience. Moreover, if you still face difficulties in any process, you can contact SBI Credit Card customer care and they will surely assist you.
No, you don’t need any credit score to get an add-on credit card as it is issued on the basis of the primary cardholder’s credit history.
Yes, the SBI add-on credit cards can easily be activated via an ATM just like the primary credit cards.