SBI Card has launched a new shopping credit, the Reliance SBI Card, expanding their shopping credit card options. This card comes at a reasonable joining fee of Rs. 499 and also has a welcome benefit of Reliance Retail Vouchers worth Rs. 500 and discount vouchers worth Rs. 3,200. If you regularly make purchases from Reliance stores, then this card is the most suitable for you. As you will earn 5 Reward Points on purchases made at the Reliance store with this credit card.
Along with an excellent reward structure for retail purchases, you can also take benefit of the milestone benefits in the form of vouchers provided with this card. By making spends of Rs. 1 lakh in a year, you can also waive your renewal fee. Keep on reading to find out more benefits of this latest offering by SBI Card.
Reliance SBI Card
Best Suited For
Reward Points |
Movie & Dining
5 RPs on Per Rs. 100 Spent
5 RPs on Reliance Retail Stores, Dining & Movies Per Rs. 100 Spent. 1 RP Per Rs. 100 Spent on Other Retail Purchases
1RP = Rs. 0.25
Domestic Lounge Access
International Lounge Access
Zero Liability Protection
Cardholder Will Not Be Liable for Any Fraudulent Transaction if the Card is Reported Lost or Stolen to the Bank in a Timely Manner
Spend Based Waiver
Waiver of Annual Charges on Spends of Rs. 1 Lakh
Rewards Redemption Fee
Rewards Redemption Fee
Foreign Currency Markup
3.5% of the Transaction Amount
3.5% Per Month (42% Annually)
1% Waiver on Fuel Transactions Between Rs. 500 to Rs. 4,000
Cash Advance Charges
2.5% or a Minimum of Rs. 500
Add-on Card Fee
- This card comes with a joining and annual fee of Rs. 499 + GST.
- You can welcome benefits in the form of Rs. 500 vouchers and other discount vouchers.
- You shall get 5 Reward Points for every Rs. 100 spent on purchases made at Reliance Stores and spends made on dining & movies.
- All other eligible transactions shall get 1 Reward Point for every spend of Rs. 100.
- With this card, you can earn 5 Reward Points for spends made on dining and movies.
- This card has a low and reasonable joining fee of Rs. 499.
- There are some entry-level cards similar to this one, which also offer lounge access, while this one doesn’t.
- The Reliance SBI Card is mainly beneficial to customers who make regular purchases from Reliance stores.
Reliance SBI Card Features and Benefits
Let’s have a look at the features and benefits of this card in detail.
- Get Reliance Retail Vouchers worth Rs. 500 as a welcome benefit. This is provided on the realisation of joining fees.
- You will also get additional discount vouchers to be used at participating Reliance Stores worth Rs. 3,200.
Discount Vouchers Worth Rs. 3,200
You will get discount vouchers for Reliance brands given below. These vouchers will be given to you on the realization of joining fees, and please keep in mind that the final payment has to be made with your Reliance SBI Card.
|Brand Name||Value of Voucher||Minimum Purchase Value|
|Reliance Trends – Apparel and Footwear||Rs. 500||Rs. 2,499|
|AJIO||Rs. 250||Rs. 1,499|
|Centro||Rs. 500||Rs. 3,000|
|Zivame/Clovia||Rs. 300||Rs. 1,199|
|Coverstory||Rs. 250||Rs. 1,499|
|JioMart||Rs. 100||Rs. 500|
|Urban Ladder||Rs. 500||Rs. 4,999|
|Netmeds (Online)||Rs. 300||Rs. 1,499|
|Fashion Factory||Rs. 500||Rs. 1,499|
These vouchers can only be used once.
Reliance SBI Card on UPI
You can also use this credit card on the UPI application of your choice. In India, only RuPay Credit Cards can be linked to the UPI apps. Earn 1 Reward Point at Reliance Retail Stores while making payments with your UPI application.
Discounts & Offers
You can avail of the following discounts with the Reliance SBI Card. To take advantage of these discounts, payment has to be made through Reliance SBI Card.
|Reliance Trends – Apparel and Footwear||5% Up to Rs 250 Per Month|
|AJIO||5% Up to Rs 250 Per Month|
|CENTRO||5% Up to Rs 250 Maximum Rs. 1,000|
|Zivame/Clovia||5% Up to Rs 250 Maximum Rs. 250|
|Coverstory||5% Up to Rs 250 Maximum Rs. 250|
|Groceries – Offline Stores||1 R Point on Every Rs. 200 Spent|
|Urban Ladder||5% Up to Rs 250 Per Month|
|JioMart||5% Cashback in JioMart Wallet Up to Rs. 250 Per Month|
R Point is Reliance One Point.
Spend-Based Milestone Benefits
Get Reliance Retail Vouchers for participating stores on achieving the annual spends milestone.
|Annual Spends||Value of Reliance Retail Vouchers|
|Rs. 500||Rs. 25,000|
|Rs. 750||Rs. 50,000|
|Rs. 1,000||Rs. 80,000|
Spend-Based Waiver of Annual Fee
Spend Rs. 1 lakh in a card anniversary for reversal of annual fees.
Fuel Surcharge Waiver
With this card, you get a 1% fuel surcharge waiver across petrol pumps in India. You would get a waiver for transactions between Rs. 500 and Rs. 1,400. Maximum fuel surcharge of Rs. 100 can be availed in a month (1,200 annually).
Reliance SBI Card Reward Points
- 5 Reward Points per Rs. 100 on participating Reliance Retail Stores.
- 1 Reward Point per Rs 100 on participating Reliance Retail Stores when payment is made through UPI.
- 5 Reward Points per Rs. 100 spent on dining and movies.
- 1 Reward Points per Rs. 100 spent on other retail purchases.
- The value of 1 Reward Point is Rs. 0.25
- No Reward Points will be accrued for rental payments, fuel transactions, and wallet reloads.
How to Apply for a Reliance SBI Card?
Apply for the Reliance SBI Card with Card Insider. Just click on the Apply Now button on your screen to submit your application for this credit card. Keep a few documents like your PAN Card and Aadhaar Card with you as they might be needed while you are filling out your application for this new card.
Reliance SBI Card Review by Card Insider
This card seems to be a great entry-level credit card. Users looking for a credit card with low fees and good reward points should definitely opt for this one. Not only will you earn accelerated 5 Reward Points on purchases made at Reliance Stores, but you will also get 5 Reward Points for dining and movie spends. One of the key benefits of this card, which might appeal to many young cardholders, is that since it is a RuPay Credit Card, you can easily link this card to your UPI application and make easy payments.
Will you apply for this latest offering by SBI Card? Tell us your thoughts and views in the comments below.
The Reliance SBI Card comes with a joining fee of Rs. 499 plus applicable taxes.
No complimentary lounge access is provided with the Reliance SBI Card.