SBI tied up with the UAE-based Etihad Airways airline and launched two travel credit cards in 2019: Etihad Guest SBI Credit Card and Etihad Guest SBI Premier Card. Needless to say, the Premier version offers more benefits and also carries a higher annual fee. Back then, the travel industry was one of the booming industries in the country. SBI probably launched this card considering that the travel-related spends accounted for 33% of the overall card spends in the SBI credit card portfolio at the time of launch of the card (certainly not the case now, due to the COVID pandemic). Also, Dubai is one of the favorite destinations among Indian travelers as there is a fairly large diaspora of NRIs in Dubai and many Indian HNIs (high net-worth individuals) frequently travel to Dubai on business trips. Etihad Guest SBI Premier card earns you Etihad Airways AirMiles (called Etihad Guest Miles) for every Rs. 100 spent using the card (number of AirMiles earned varies depending upon the category of spends). You also get many travel-related welcome benefits and milestone advantages with the premier card. Keep reading to know more about the card:
Etihad Guest SBI Premier Credit Card
Best Suited For
Movie & Dining
6 Etihad Guest Miles per Rs. 100 you spend on Etihad.com, 4 Etihad Guest Miles on every Rs. 100 you spend on international purchases, and 2 Etihad Guest Miles for every other spend (except fuel purchases). A max of 40,000 Miles per year can be earned.
The Etihad Guest Miles earned are redeemable for booking hotels, flights, and renting cars from participating travel partners, and for purchasing products on etihadguest.com or its travel partner services. Etihad Miles can also be used to pay for purchases made using the credit card.
Complimentary Etihad Gold Tier status and 5,000 Etihad Guest Miles as a Welcome Benefit, complimentary domestic and international lounge access, up to 10% discount on direct Etihad Airways bookings, up to 10% discount on travel rewards and miles redemption, 1,500 Etihad Guest Miles on spends of Rs. 1,50,000 in a calendar quarter, 1 Etihad Companion Voucher on the annual expenditure of Rs. 8,00,000.
Domestic Lounge Access
8 domestic lounge access each year with a quarterly cap of 2 visits.
International Lounge Access
Complimentary Priority Pass membership worth USD 99 with 4 complimentary lounge access outside India (max 2 per quarter). Visits chargeable at USD 27/visit/guest post this complimentary quota.
Overseas air accident cover worth Rs. 50 lakh, fraud liability cover worth Rs. 1 lakh, and an allowance of USD 1,000 in case of loss of baggage.
Zero Liability Protection
Fraud liability cover of Rs. 1 lakh applicable from 48 hours prior to reporting and 7 days post reporting the loss of card.
Spend Based Waiver
Next year's annual membership fee waived on the expenditure of minimum Rs. 5,00,000 in a year.
Rewards Redemption Fee
Rewards Redemption Fee
Foreign Currency Markup
3.5% (plus applicable taxes)
3.5% per month (42% per annum)
The 1% fuel surcharge waiver at all fuel stations across India for transactions between Rs. 500 and Rs. 4,000 (capped at Rs. 250 per statement cycle)
Cash Advance Charges
2.5% of the withdrawn amount (subject to a minimum charge of Rs. 500)
Add-on Card Fee
- 5,000 Etihad Guest Miles, 2 Complimentary Wifi Vouchers on first Etihad Airways booking using the card, and complimentary Etihad Guest Gold Tier Status after the first card transaction as a Welcome Benefit.
- 6 Etihad Guest Miles per Rs. 100 you spend on Etihad.com.
- 4 Etihad Guest Miles for all transactions of Rs. 100 on international spends.
- 2 Etihad Guest Miles per Rs. 100 spends on all other expenditures (except fuel purchases).
- Up to 10% discount on direct Etihad Airways bookings.
- Up to 10% discount on travel rewards and miles redemption.
- 1,500 Etihad Guest Miles on spends of Rs. 1,50,000 in a calendar quarter.
- 1 Etihad Companion Voucher on the annual expenditure of Rs. 8,00,000.
- Annual fee waived on spending Rs. 5,00,000 in the last year.
- International lounge visits with Priority Pass and Domestic lounge access with Visa Lounge Program.
- 1% fuel surcharge waiver.
Etihad Guest SBI Premier Card Features And Benefits
Being issued in partnership with Etihad Airlines, this card comes with several exclusive privileges in the travel category, including bonus miles, complimentary air tickets, free access to airport lounges, and many more. Not only this, but the card has a few additional benefits as well. The features and the benefits associated with the Etihad Guest SBI Card Premier have been discussed in detail below:
- Get 5,000 Etihad Guest Miles within 15 days of the annual fee payment.
- Complimentary Etihad Guest Gold tier status post first transaction with the card.
- 2 free wifi vouchers, which are sent to you via email within 15 days of the first Etihad Airways flight booking.
- 1,500 Etihad Guest Miles on the expenditure of Rs. 1,50,000 in a calendar quarter.
- 1 Companion Voucher within 15 days of achieving annual spends of Rs. 8,00,000.
- Membership renewal fee waived if Rs. 5,00,000 or more were spent using the card in the preceding year.
- Complimentary Etihad Guest Gold tier status and 5,000 Etihad Miles as a welcome gift.
- 6 Etihad Guest Miles for every Rs. 100 spent on Etihad.com.
- 4 Etihad Guest Miles per Rs. 100 you spend on all international transactions.
- 8 complimentary domestic lounge access annually (maximum 2 per quarter) under the Visa Lounge Program.
- Priority Pass membership offering 4 complimentary international lounge access every year outside India at over 1,000 international airports, USD 27 per guest per visit chargeable thereafter.
- 10% discount on business class tickets and 3% discount on Economy class tickets booked directly on Etihad Airways portal.
Domestic Lounge Access:
Enjoy 8 complimentary access to domestic lounges annually (max 2 per quarter) with the Visa Lounge Program.
International Lounge Access:
- Complimentary Priority Pass membership that is worth $99.
- 4 complimentary international lounge visits annually (2 every quarter) at over 1,000 airports outside India under the Priority Pass Program.
- An amount of USD 27 per guest on every visit is charged after the complimentary visits have been exhausted.
Fuel Surcharge Waiver:
The 1% surcharge applicable on fuel purchases is waived off at all fuel pumps all over India towards fuel purchases between Rs. 500 & Rs. 4,000, subject to a maximum cap of Rs. 250 per statement cycle.
- Insurance cover of Rs. 50 lakh on air accidents during international flights.
- An allowance of USD 1,000 in case of loss of baggage during air travel.
- Fraud liability cover of Rs. 1 lakh.
Etihad Guest SBI Premier Card Rewards:
- 6 Etihad Guest Miles per Rs. 100 you spend on Etihad.com.
- 4 Etihad Guest Miles for all international expenditures.
- 2 Etihad Guest Miles on all other spends (except fuel purchases).
- A maximum of 40,000 Miles can be accrued in a given year.
- 10% discount on business class and 3% discount on economy class tickets on direct Etihad Airways bookings. The discount is applicable only on one-way and return journeys (not applicable on stopovers and multi-city trips) on flights originating from Mumbai, New Delhi, Chennai, Kolkata, Ahmedabad, Bangalore, Kozhikode, Kochi, Hyderabad, and Thiruvananthapuram.
- Up to 10% discount on reward miles redemption.
Reward Points Redemption:
- Reward Points earned as Etihad Guest Miles.
- These miles are redeemable on etihadguest.com for flight tickets, hotel reservations, and car rentals from the participating travel partners and also for purchasing the products available on the Etihad Guest portal.
- There is no limit to the number of Miles that can be redeemed on etihadguest.com or their travel partners.
Etihad Guest SBI Premier Card Fees & Charges
Before making a decision to apply for a credit card, it is always important to check all its terms and conditions, and fees & charges. Following are some important charges of the Etihad Guest SBI Card Premier:
- Annual fee: The annual fee of the Etihad Guest SBI Premier is Rs. 4,999. You can get a waiver on the annual fee on spending Rs. 5 Lakh or more in the preceding year.
- Interest Rates: The finance charges applicable on the card are 3.5% per month, i.e, 42% annually.
- Cash advance fee: 2.5% or 500 (which ever is higher) is applicable as a cash advance fee on the withdrawn amount.
- Foreign currency markup: The transactions made in foreign currency, the card charges 3.5% of the transaction amount as the mark up fee.
Etihad Guest SBI Premier Card Eligibility:
SBI has not explicitly defined any clear eligibility criteria for the Etihad Guest SBI Premier credit card. Nevertheless, they do have a portal called Simplyfier to find which SBI credit card is reasonably suited for you. The criteria to get approved for the Premier card is as mentioned below:
- If you are a salaried employee, your age should be between 18 years to 65 years.
- If you are a self-employed individual, your age should lie between 21 years and 60 years.
- You should have a stable source of income.
- You should have a good credit score.
Following ae the documents that are required to apply for the Etihad Guest SBI Premier Credit Card:
|Document Proof||Documents acceptable|
|Identity Proof||PAN Card, Ration Card, Aadhaar card, Voter’s ID, etc.|
|Address Proof||Passport, Driving License, Utility Bills, Aadhaar card, Ration card, etc.|
|Income Proof||Latest bank statements or salary slips, Latest ITR.|
How to apply for Etihad Guest SBI Premier Credit Card:
The easiest way to apply for the Etihad Guest SBI Premier Credit Card is to submit your application online. The following are the steps to be followed for online application:
- Visit the SBI Card’s official website.
- Click on ‘Credit Cards.’
- Select the Etihad Guest Premier card from the list of available cards.
- Fill in the required details and submit.
Alternatively, you may dial SBI’s helpline at 39020202 (prefix STD code) or you can also visit your nearest SBI branch and submit your application to the bank officials offline.
You can check the application status in case you have applied for the Etihad SBI Premier Card:
- Go to the SBI Card’s official website and click on ‘Credit Cards.’
- Now, find the option ‘Track Application.’
- Enter your application number and other required details and proceed.
Also, you can contact the customer care or visit the nearest SBI branch to get the staus of your application.
Etihad Guest SBI Card Premier Activation & PIN Generation
You can go with any one method to activate your credit card or to generate the PIN for the same:
- Visit your nearest SBI ATM and from the main menu, try to find the option ‘credit card PIN generation.’
- You can also do the same by logging in to your internet banking account or via the SBI Card mobile app. Just log in and look for an option for credit card Pin generation.
- You can also contact SBI Card customer care and request them to assist you to generate your credit card PIN.
Etihad Guest SBI Card Premier Limit
The SBI Card has not notified a fixed credit limit for the Etihad SBI Card Premier customers and there is most probably no fixed limit that is assigned to every cardholder. The credit limit you get with this card depends on your credit history and past payment behavior. People having an excellent credit score generally get a higher credit limit as compared to the ones having an average score. However, you always have an option to request a higher credit limit in case your current limit isn’t sufficient. You can request your card issuer to enhance your credit limit either by contacting customer care or by visiting your nearest SBI branch.
Etihad Guest SBI Card Premier Bill Payment
Making your credit card bill payment on time is really essential in order to maintain a good credit score. Following are the different methods to make your Etihad Guest SBI Card Premier Bill Payment:
- Log in to your internet banking account or to the SBI Card mobile app and you will find an option to settle your credit card bill on the home page itself.
- Another easy way to pay your Etihad Guest SBI Premier Card bill is to do it via the SBI Yono app. Just register yourself on the app and link your credit card. After that, you can make the bill payment under the ‘Pay’ option.
- You can also make the payment via NEFT in case you have savings account in another bank.
- The card issuer also gives you an option to pay your credit card bill via an ATM. Go to your nearest ATM and find an option to make credit card bill payments from the main menu.
- If you are not comfortable with online methods, you can pay by visiting the branch in the form of cash or cheque.
Etihad Guest SBI Card Premier Login/Internet Banking
If you want to register Etihad Guest SBI Premier Credit Card, you can follows the steps given belo
- Visit the official website of SBI Card.
- Click on ‘New User? Register Now’ option under the Login button.
- Enter your card details as required.
- Enter the OTP received on your registered mobile number to complete verification.
- Submit and proceed further.
SBI offers 24×7 dedicated customer care support to its cardholders. To report the loss of a card or in case you need any assistance, dial their toll-free helpline number 1800 180 1290 or 1860 180 1290. Alternatively, you can also dial 39020202 (prefix STD code). You can also block your SBI credit card by just sending an SMS – BLOCK <last 4 digits of your card number> to 5676791.
Cards Similar To The Etihad Guest SBI Card Premier
|Benefits||Etihad Guest SBI Card Premier||Etihad Guest SBI Card||IRCTC SBI Card Premier|
Etihad Guest SBI Premier Card is one of the premium offerings by SBI in the travel category. As it comes with benefits like 10% discount on business class tickets and (limited) complimentary international lounge access, it might be the card of choice for high-net-worth frequent fliers. The card also offers decent rewards as Etihad Miles, particularly on travel-related expenses (6 Miles/Rs. 100 on Etihad.com and 4 Miles/Rs. 100 on all international spends). The annual fee for this card is Rs. 4,999. Still, it’s an option worth considering if you travel frequently to middle east destinations like Dubai.
The Etihad Guest Miles are valid for a period of 18 months for Gold members (the type of membership that you get with this credit card as a welcome gift).
The redemption process on etihadguest.com or on travel partner websites do not carry a minimum limit for the Ethihad Guest Miles.
You must submit identity proof, address proof (like Aadhar card, Voter card, etc.), and proof of income (like salary slips/income tax return).
A fraud liability cover (worth Rs. 1 lakh) is applicable from the period of 48 hours prior to reporting the loss till 7 days post reporting the loss of the card.
Yes, add-on credit card can be issued with the Etihad Guest SBI Premier Card to your spouse and children (above the age of 18) with this card at no extra cost. The credit limit will be shared among the primary and the add-on cardholders.