If you are a kirana store owner, hotel/restaurant owner, or caterer, and trying to find the best business credit card for you, the new Metro Kotak Credit Card is probably the best option for you. It is a co-branded credit card launched by Kotak Mahindra Bank in partnership with Metro Wholesale. The card comes with a zero annual fee and is exclusively targeted at those who use Metro Wholesale for their business requirements. This card has limited, but exciting benefits, including up to 1% cashback (capped at Rs. 10,000 per statement cycle) on the basis of your monthly spends.
The Kotak Metro Credit Card is exclusively for Metro Wholesale membership, so you would be eligible for this card if you have a valid Metro membership. Moreover, transactions like international purchases and fuel purchases are not applicable to this card as it is supposed to be used for Metro Wholesale spends only. The cardholders can save a decent amount on their business spending using this card and hence, it becomes a good option for the above-mentioned types f business (hotels, restaurants, traders, kirana store owners, etc). To know more about the Metro Kotak Credit Card and all its features, continue reading:
Metro Kotak Credit Card
Best Suited For
- Lifetime free credit card.
- Exclusively for Metro Wholesale members.
- An opportunity to earn Rs. 500 cashback as an introductory benefit.
- 1% cashback on monthly spends above Rs. 5 lakhs.
- 0.25% to 0.50% cashback on monthly spends below Rs. 5 lakhs.
Rewards and Benefits
Rs. 500 cashback on making a single transaction worth Rs. 10,000 or more within the first 30 days.
Movie & Dining
Up to 1% cashback on monthly spends above Rs. 10,000 with this card.
The cashback is directly credited to the cardholder’s accounts.
Domestic Lounge Access
International Lounge Access
Zero Liability Protection
The cardholders are not liable for any fraudulent transactions made through a lost/stolen card if the loss is reported to the bank in a timely manner.
Fees & Charges
Spend based Waiver
Rewards Redemption Fee
Rewards Redemption Fee
Foreign Currency Markup
3.5% per month
NA (fuel transactions are not applicable to this card)
Cash Advance Charge
Rs. 300 for every withdrawal of Rs. 10,000
Add-on Card Fee
Metro Kotak Credit Card Features and Benefits
Targeted at kirana owners, restaurant/hotel businesses, and caterers, the metro Kotak Credit Card is a co-branded card that is aimed at providing these businesses with better growth opportunities. It comes with several exciting benefits and features as mentioned below:
The Metro Kotak Credit Card holders can earn a cashback of Rs. 500 on spending Rs. 10,000 or more in a single day within the first 30 days of the card issuance.
Kotak Bank Metro Credit Card Cashback Benefits
With this credit card, you get a decent cashback rate that increases with the increasing monthly spending on the card. You can earn:
- 0.25% cashback on spends between Rs. 10,001 and Rs. 30,000 in a month.
- 0.50% cashback on spends between Rs. 30,001 and Rs. 5 lakhs in a month.
- 1% cashback on spends above Rs. 5 lakhs in a month.
- Maximum cashback per statement cycle is capped at Rs. 10,000.
Metro Kotak Credit Card Fees and Charges
Some of the most important fees and charges associated with Kotak Bank’s Metro Credit Card are listed below:
- It is a lifetime free credit card, i.e. the cardholders don’t need to pay any joining or annual membership fee.
- The interest rate on this Metro Kotak Credit Card is 3.5% per month, i.e. 42% per annum. It is charged only on the outstanding balance that you don’t pay by the payment due date.
- The cash withdrawal fee on this credit card is Rs. 300 for every Rs. 10,000 withdrawn using this card.
- There is no forex markup fee as foreign transactions can’t be made using the Kotak Metro Credit Card.
Kotak Metro Credit Card Eligibility Criteria
You will have to fulfill a few eligibility requirements in order to get approved for this credit card. Some important eligibility criteria for the Metro Kotak Credit Card are given below:
- The age of the primary card applicants should be between 18 years and 65 years.
- The applicant must be a resident of India.
- The applicant should hold a valid Metro wholesale membership.
- Only self-employed, Proprietors, and Partners of Partnership firms are eligible to apply for this card.
- The income of the applicant/business and their credit score might also be important factors.
The documents required to apply for the Kotak Bank Metro Credit card are listed below:
- Identity Proof of the applicant, such as Aadhar Card, PAN Card, Voter’s Id, etc.
- Business Registration Certificate.
- Proof of valid Metro membership.
- Business address proof and income proof might also be required.
How To Apply For The Metro Kotak Credit Card?
If you are eligible for the Metro Kotak Credit Card, you can apply for it online as well as offline as per your comfort. To apply offline, visit the Kotak Mahindra Bank branch nearest to you. Make sure to carry all the necessary documents along with you and apply for the card by submitting the physical application form at the branch. If you want to apply online, you can follow a few simple steps as given below:
- Visit Kotak bank’s official website.
- Under the ‘Explore Products’ section, go to ‘Cards’ and then click on ‘Credit Cards.’
- You will see all the Kotak Bank Credit Cards listed on your screen.
- Under ‘Metro Kotak Credit Card,’ click on the ‘Apply Now’ option.
- Start entering the required information and proceed further to complete the application process.
If you are eligible for the Metro Kotak Bank Credit Card, you should definitely check out its features and apply for the card without any second thoughts. It is because the card gives you an amazing opportunity to save up to Rs. 10,000 every statement cycle. Though it may not be suitable for those who want a multipurpose credit card that can be used for international transactions, fuel purchases, etc, as well, as these types of transactions are not applicable to this card. But, if you need a credit card exclusively for your business requirements, this undoubtedly is going to be a great option. If you have any further queries regarding this card, you can ask us in the comment section below!
The Metro Kotak Credit Card is lifetime free, i.e. it doesn’t have any joining/annual membership fee.
No, this credit card can not be used for fuel transactions/foreign currency purchases. It is supposed to be used exclusively for metro wholesale spends.
The maximum cap on cashback that can be earned using this card is Rs. 10,000 per statement cycle.