IDFC First Bank is popular for offering various great products and services and especially credit cards. Along with the primary credit cards, the card issuer also offers an add-on credit card facility for those who don’t get approved for primary cards due to a lack of credit history or income source e. After receiving an add-on credit card, the first step is to activate the card by generating its PIN. If you have also got a supplementary credit card from IDFC First Bank, you might be looking for some ways to generate the PIN of your credit card. In this article, we will help you understand various online as well as offline methods for IDFC First Add-On Credit Cards PIN Generation/Change:
How To Activate IDFC First Add-On Credit Cards?
Activating your add-on credit card as soon as you receive is an important thing to do as your card might get closed if not activated within a few weeks after issuance. Now, if you have received your IDFC First Add-On Credit Card, you might be searching for some easy ways to activate your credit card. There are now just one or two, but several different ways in which you can get your add-on credit card activated. All these methods are explained below in this article:
Online Methods For PIN Generation
There are several online methods for activation/PIN generation of IDFC First Bank add-on Credit Cards. Some of the most significant ways for online PIN generation are given below:
Via Internet Banking
You can easily get your IDFC First supplementary Credit Cards activated via internet banking by following a few simple steps as mentioned below:
- Log in to your IDFC First Bank internet banking account.
- Under the ‘Credit Cards’ section, find the add-on Credit Cards option.
- Then, you will see an option to ‘manage Credit Card’ and set its PIN.
- Enter the 4-digit PIN and follow the instructions given on your screen carefully.
- Confirm and submit.
Through Mobile App
If you have the IDFC First Bank mobile banking app installed on your phone, the task of add-on credit card PIN generation would be even easier for you. You can do it in a few seconds by following a few simple steps as mentioned below:
- Login to the IDFC First Bank mobile app using your username and password.
- Under the primary Credit Card account, you will be able to see the add-on Cards section.
- Find an option to generate an add-on card PIN under the ‘manage Card’ option.
- Set the 4-digit PIN and proceed further accordingly.
By Contacting Customer Care
If you are finding it difficult to generate your IDFC First add-on Credit Card PIN using internet banking or the movie app, you can always take the help of the bank officials. Just contact the IDFC First Credit Cards customer care and ask the bank officials to help you with your add-on credit card PIN generation. Make sure that you call them using your registered mobile number and you will also be asked for an OTP for verification. Just provide the required details to the bank executives and they will get your add-on card PIN generated in a few minutes.
Apart from the various online methods that are mentioned above, there are a few offline methods as well that can be used to activate or generate the PIN of IDFC First bank add-on Credit Cards. If you don’t prefer online methods, you can easily get the required task done using the following offline methods:
Through IDFC First Bank ATM
Activating a credit card through an ATM is one of the easiest ways to do it. You can easily generate the PIN for your add-on credit card using the below-mentioned steps:
- Visit the IDFC First Bank ATM near you.
- Insert your add-on Credit Card into it.
- Find an option to set a credit card PIN from the main menu.
- You might also be asked to enter an OTP received on your registered mobile number, so make sure to carry your registered mobile number along with you.
- Enter the 4-digit PIN and then re-enter it to confirm.
IDFC First Add-On Credit Cards PIN Change
The PIN for the IDFC First Bank Add-On Credit Cards can easily be changed using various methods online as well as offline. You should change your credit card PIN regularly in order to save your card from fraudulent transactions. The following are some of the best ways to change your supplementary credit card PIN:
- You can easily change your IDFC First Bank Add-On Credit Card PIN through internet banking. Just follow the similar steps as required in PIN generation and select the option to reset/change the add-on credit card PIN.
- You can also change your add-on credit card PIN through IDFC First Bank’s mobile banking app. You can easily find an option to change your card’s PIN using the ‘manage card’ option under the Credit Cards section on the app.
- Another way to change your IDFC First add-on Credit Card PIN is by contacting customer care. Just ask the bank officials to help you reset your credit card PIN or to guide you on how you can do the same. They will ask you for a few details, just provide them with the required information and your task will be done in a few seconds.
- You can also change your add-on credit card PIN through the IDFC First ATM nearest to you. Just insert your credit card into the ATM and change your credit card by finding an option to do the same from the main menu.
Now, you might have understood all the methods to activate or generate the PIN for your IDFC First Bank add-on Credit Card. You can use any of the above methods at your convenience. Just make sure that you don’t set a very easy PIN like your birth year or the current year that everyone can guess. Also, you should change your credit card PIN regularly in a period of a few months to ensure the safety or your card.
No, the PIN for the IDFC First bank add-on Credit Cards is not the same as the primary cards, but it needs to be generated separately.
The minimum eligible age to get IDFC First bank supplementary credit cards is 18 years.