Just like you can apply for the HSBC credit cards online as well as offline as per your comfort, the bank also allows you to track your credit card application using different online/offline methods. If you have recently applied for an HSBC Credit Card and want to know if there is any progress in your application, you can easily do it using any of the methods provided by the card issuer. In this article, we have mentioned all the methods to check HSBC Credit Card application status in detail. Keep reading the article to understand the same:
How To Check HSBC Credit Card Application Status Online?
Though the HSBC Bank doesn’t have any separate page where you can track your credit card status like other major card issuers in India, you can still do it using other online methods as follows:
Via The Chatbot
You can easily get your HSBC credit card status by chatting with the HSBC Bank executive through the Chabot on the bank’s official website. Just follow the below-mentioned steps to do the same:
- Visit HSBC Bank’s official website.
- Click on the option ‘Chat’ at the bottom rightmost corner of your screen.
- Accept the terms and conditions and type ‘I want to check my HSBC Credit Card application status.’
- You might be asked for a few details. Just provide all the necessary information that has been asked.
- Once you have provided them with all the details, they will take just a few seconds to update you on the latest status of your application.
How To Track HSBC Credit Card Application Status Offline?
If you are someone who is comfortable with offline methods for banking-related tasks, you can track your HSBC Credit Card application using any of the following offline methods:
By Visiting The Branch
You can always visit the HSBC bank branch to know the status of your credit card. Make sure you take your credit card application registration number or form number and other required details & documents along with you while visiting the branch as it will help the bank employees to help you get the status of your credit card easily. However, this method should be preferred only if other methods to track your application don’t work as it is the most time taking one.
By Contacting Customer Care
The applicants can also check their HSBC credit card status by phone banking. Simply call on the HSBC credit card customer care numbers from 6:30 pm to 8:30 pm and wait while you get connected with the customer care executive. On connecting with the executive, request them to let you know the status of your credit card application. They will ask you for a few details and will provide you with the required information after that. You can use the following contact details to connect with the HSBC Credit Card customer care:
|Customer||For residents within India||For residents abroad|
|HSBC Personal Banking and credit cards||
Different Statuses of HSBC Bank Credit Card Application
The possible HSBC Bank Credit Card application statuses that you can receive are;
- On-Hold: You can receive the on-hold status of application when Bank is not satisfied with the information furnished by you and need more information or documents to issue a credit card to you.
- In-Progress: When the bank is still processing your application then you can get the in-progress status. It can take up to 10-15 days to process your credit card application.
- Approved: This status is received when the bank after scrutinizing your application thoroughly accepts your application and issues the credit card.
- Disapproved: Your application can be rejected on various factors like bad credit history, not meeting the eligibility requirement, multiple applications sent, etc. Then you can receive the disapproved status for your application.
- Dispatched: This status implies that your application has been approved and the bank has dispatched it to your mailing address.
The bank will update you with the above-mentioned status through SMS also.
Unfortunately no, HSBC Bank does not provide online channels to check the credit card application status.
It is advisable to wait for 3 months from the rejection of application to reapply for the credit card.
You will receive the credit card within 7 working days after your credit card application is approved.
Yes, once your application status shows dispatched, you will receive the Airway Bill number on the registered number. Use the Airway bill number on the Bluedart or DHL courier website.