The HDFC Bank Solitaire Credit Card is one of the two HDFC Credit Cards that are targeted at women professionals, the other one being HDFC Bank Premium Credit Card. The Solitaire Credit Card is a basic card that comes with a nominal annual fee of Rs. 500 and welcomes the cardholders with a complimentary wellness package. With this card, you earn 3 Reward Points on every Rs. 150 you spend and accelerated Reward Points on groceries and dining spends. Other than this, you get 1,000 bonus reward points every year on card renewal. These points can be redeemed against various products/vouchers, Airmiles, and cashback.
Keeping the women’s love for shopping in mind, the card offers you up to 2 complimentary Shoppers Stop vouchers every year on achieving the milestone spend. You can save additional Rs. 500 by getting the renewal fee waived off on the basis of your total annual spends. Other benefits of the card include a 1% fuel surcharge waiver, zero liability protection, etc. To know more about the card’s features and fees & charges, keep reading the article:
HDFC Bank Solitaire Credit Card
Best Suited For
Rs. 500 + GST
Reward Points |
- Get a complimentary wellness package from Thyrocare as a welcome benefit.
- 3 Reward Points on every spend of Rs. 100.
- Accelerated Reward Points on groceries and dining.
- 1,000 bonus Reward Points every year as a renewal benefit.
- Reward Points redeemable against various gifts, vouchers, and cashback.
- Get gift vouchers worth up to Rs. 2,000 every year on achieving the spend milestone.
- Spend-based waiver of the annual fee.
- 1% fuel surcharge waiver on all fuel transactions.
Rewards and Benefits
A free wellness package from Thyrocare.
Movie & Dining
3 Reward Points on every spend fo Rs. 150, and 50% more Reward points on dining & groceries.
1 Reward Point = Re. 0.20 for redemption against cashback.
Domestic Lounge Access
International Lounge Access
Zero Liability Protection
You get zero liability protection against a lost/stolen card if the loss of the card has been reported to the bank in a timely manner.
Fees & Charges
Rs. 500 + GST
Rs. 999 + GST
Spend based Waiver
The annual fee is waived off on spending Rs. 50,000 or more in the previous year.
Rewards Redemption Fee
Rs. 99 on every redemption request.
Rewards Redemption Fee
Rs. 99 on every redemption request.
Foreign Currency Markup
3.5% on all foreign currency spends.
3.6% per month (43.2% annually)
1% fuel surcharge waiver on all fuel transactions between Rs. 400 and Rs. 5,000.
Cash Advance Charge
2.5% of the cash amount withdrawn or a minimum of Rs. 500.
Add-on Card Fee
HDFC Solitaire Credit Card Features and Benefits
The HDFC Solitaire Credit Card is issued by the bank exclusively for women and comes with great shopping benefits. From welcome benefits to milestone benefits to reward programs, the card has great advantages over different categories. Refer to the detailed information given below to understand all its features and benefits:
- You get a complimentary wellness package from Thyrocare as a welcome benefit.
- You get this welcome benefit only after successful of the joining fee.
- From the second year of card membership, you get 1,000 bonus Reward Points every year on paying the renewal fee.
- You get 3 Reward Points on every retail spend of Rs. 150 using the HDFC Bank Solitaire Credit Card.
- You get 50% extra Reward Points on your grocery and dining spends.
- The Reward Points you earn using this credit card are only valid for 2 years from the accrual date.
Reward Points Redemption
- You can redeem your earned Reward Points against airlines for various domestic airlines.
- You can also redeem your reward points against your card’s outstanding balance at a rate of 1 Reward Point = Re. 0.20 (100 Reward Point = Re. 20).
- For redemption against products/vouchers, you can check the HDFC Rewards catalogue.
- The HDFC Bank charges a reward redemption fee of Rs. 99 on every redemption request. However, this fee is not chargeable for the redemption of reward points against cashback.
- You get a Shoppers Stop voucher worth Rs. 1,000 on achieving a spend of Rs. 75,000 in six months.
- You can get a maximum of 2 vouchers every year.
The annual fee of Rs. 999 is waived off (second year onwards) if you have spent Rs. 50,000 or more in the previous anniversary year.
Fuel Surcharge Waiver
- You get a 1% fuel surcharge waiver for all fuel transactions between Rs. 400 and Rs. 5,000.
- The maximum waiver is capped at Rs. 250 per statement cycle.
Eligibility Criteria for HDFC Bank Solitaire Credit Card
Since this card is specifically designed for women, hence only women can apply for this card. All the women above the age of 21 years with a stable source of income are eligible to apply for this card.
- In the case of salaried women, the age should be between 21 years and 60 years.
- In the case of self-employed women, the age should be between 21 years and 65 years.
How To Apply For The HDFC Solitaire Credit Card?
The HDFC Bank allows you to apply for the Solitaire Credit Card online as well as offline at your convenience. To apply offline, you will just have to visit your nearest HDFC Bank branch and fill in the physical application form. Make sure to carry all the important documents with you. However, if you want to apply online, you can follow these simple steps:
- Open the official website of the HDFC bank.
- Under the section ‘Borrow,’ choose ‘Credit Cards.’
- You will be redirected to a page where different credit cards have been categorized.
- Under the category ‘Other Cards,’ find the ‘HDFC Solitaire Credit Card.’
- Click on ‘Know More’ and then on ‘Apply Online.’
- Enter your mobile number and captcha.
- Fill in all the required details and submit the form.
The HDFC Solitaire Credit Card is targeted at women who want to make their shopping experiences more rewarding by saving on all their purchases. Along with regular reward points on all purchases, it earns you accelerated points on groceries and dining. SBI Card also offers one such card with a similar reward rate which is the SBI SimplySave Credit Card, however, this is not only for women, but can be issued to anyone. Talking about the Solitaire Card, you can earn shopping vouchers worth up to Rs. 2,000 every year on achieving the spend milestone. However, it doesn’t provide many benefits across travel, entertainment, etc, but you can save amazingly on your household and shopping spends. So, you should definitely consider this credit card if you love shopping and want to save every time you spend. Also, if you have any further doubts regarding this card, you can freely ask us in the comment section below!
The annual fee of the HDFC Solitaire Credit Card is Rs. 500, which can be waived off if you have spent Rs. 50,000 or more in the previous year.
With the HDFC Solitaire Credit Card, you can get a maximum of two Shoppers Stop vouchers worth Rs. 1,000 each, in an anniversary year.
The interest rate on the HDFC Solitaire Credit Card is 3.6% per month.
With the HDFC Solitaire Credit Card, you can get a maximum fuel surcharge waiver of Rs. 250 every statement cycle.