HDFC Bank launched HDFC Bank Bharat Credit Card with exciting and exclusive deals and features. It’s a cashback credit card that provides you with 5% monthly cashback on various selected merchant categories like mobile recharges, bill payments, and groceries. Apart from these categories, you can also save on fuel by experiencing 5% monthly cashback and 1% fuel surcharge waiver. 5% monthly cashback on railway ticket booked if booked through IRCTC. This card comes with a joining fee of Rs. 500 plus applicable taxes. Read on to more about the HDFC Bank Bharat Credit Card’s offerings.
HDFC Bank Bharat Credit Card
Best Suited For
Movie & Dining
5% cashback every month on spending towards bill payments, and mobile recharge, fuel and railway tickets booked through IRCTC. 5% cashback every month while paying through PayZapp/EasyEMI/SmartBuy.
The reward points can be redeemed as cash back at the request of the cardholder. 1 Reward Point = Re. 1
You get 5% cashback on booking railway tickets through IRCTC.
Domestic Lounge Access
International Lounge Access
Accidental death cover of up to Rs. 50 Lakhs
Zero Liability Protection
Cardholders will not be held liable for card loss/theft on informing the bank within the prescribed time frame
Spend Based Waiver
Renewal fee waived off on spending Rs. 20,000 in previous year
Rewards Redemption Fee
Rewards Redemption Fee
Foreign Currency Markup
3.5% on the conversion amount
3.6% p.m. (43.2% p.a.)
1% fuel surcharge waiver on minimum transaction of Rs. 400. The waiver is capped at Rs. 250 per billing cycle
Cash Advance Charges
2.5% or Rs. 500 whichever is higher
Add-on Card Fee
- 5% monthly cashback on Category A transactions (fuel expenses and ticket bookings through IRCTC, groceries, bill payments and mobile recharges).
- 5% monthly cashback on Category B transactions (on payments done through PayZapp, EasyEMI or SmartBUY)
- Cashback will be retained as reward points.
- Avail 50 days interest-free period.
HDFC Bank Bharat Credit Card: Features and Benefits
HDFC Bank Bharat Credit Card is an entry-level credit card that is suited for people who spend through payment platforms such as PayZapp, SmartBUY, and EasyEMI. This card also offers cashback on various spends such as groceries, bill payments and recharges, fuel, etc. You may not get many features on this card but it can be a good option for the new users of credit cards. Following are the benefits of this card –
Zero Lost Card Liability
You will not be liable for the loss or theft of the card if you inform about the same to the bank within 24 hours.
Fuel Surcharge Waiver
With the HDFC Bank Bharat Credit Card, you are entitled to 1% fuel surcharge waiver on a minimum transaction of Rs. 400 at all fuel station in India. Also, the waiver amount is capped at Rs. 250 for every billing cycle
Get up to Rs. 50 Lakhs accidental death cover insurance with HDFC Bank Bharat Credit Card
Spend Based Waiver
Annual fee of Rs. 500 will be waived off if you are able to spend Rs. 20,000 or more in the previous year
HDFC Bharat Credit Card Rewards
- With HDFC Bank Bharat Credit Card you can enjoy 5% monthly cashback on Category A transactions like fuel expenses, railway ticket bookings through IRCTC, grocery and bill payments, and mobile recharge.
- The maximum cashback on all the ‘Category A’ transactions combined is capped at Rs. 150.
- You can also enjoy a 5% monthly cashback on Category B transactions which includes payments done through platforms like PayZapp/SmartBuy/EasyEMI.
- The maximum cashback on the ‘Category B’ transactions combined is capped at Rs. 150.
- The cashback earned on the spends with HDFC Bank Bharat Credit Card will be retained as reward points.
- You can easily redeem your accumulated reward points as cashback.
- 1 reward point is equivalent to Re. 1
HDFC Bank Bharat Credit Card: Fees and Charges
Some of the most important fees and charges associated with the HDFC Bharat Credit Card are mentioned below:
- The joining and annual fee for the HDFC Bank Bharat Credit Card is placed at Rs. 500
- HDFC Bank Bharat Credit Card charges a Foreign Currency markup fee of 3.5%
- The monthly interest charged on this card is 3.6% per month which is 43.2% annually.
- 2.5% of the transaction amount or Rs. 500, higher of the two, are the cash advance charges for this card.
HDFC Bharat Credit Card Eligibility Criteria:
The HDFC Bank follows an eligibility requirement for the issuance of an HDFC Bank Bharat credit card. Given below is the minimum requirement that needs to be fulfilled by the applicant.
|21 – 60 years
|Minimum monthly gross income of Rs. 12,000
|21 – 65 years
|Minimum annual ITR of Rs. 2 lakhs p.a.
The documents required to apply for the HDFC Bank Bharat Credit Card are as mentioned below:
- Identity proof: Aadhar Card, PAN Card, Voter’s ID, Passport, Driving License, etc.
- Address proof: Latest months’ utility bills, Aadhar Card, Passport, etc.
- Proof of Income: Latest salary slips/bank statements or latest audited ITR.
HDFC Bharat Credit Card Limit
As the HDFC Bharat Credit Card is a basic card, you will not get a very high credit limit at the beginning itself. The credit limit may vary for different credit cardholders depending on their credit history, monthly income, and a few other factors. People with higher income or good credit history will get a higher limit as compared to those who have a lower monthly income. However, you may get your credit limit increased with time by using your card in a responsible manner. Once you build a good credit history after a few months of using your card, you can request your card issuer to provide you with a higher limit.
How To Apply For HDFC Bharat Credit Card?
You can apply for the HDFC Bharat Credit Card online as well as offline at your convenience. To apply offline, visit your nearest HDFC Bank branch with all the required documents and apply for the card by filling in the physical application form. To apply online, you can follow a few simple steps as mentioned below:
- Visit HDFC Bank’s official website.
- Under the ‘Borrow’ section, select Credit Cards.
- Now, find and select the HDFC Bharat Credit Card.
- Click on Apply Now and fill in the digital application form.
- Proceed further accordingly.
HDFC Bank Bharat Credit Card is a decent and pocket-friendly credit card that offers cashback on selected merchant categories. This card is best suited if you want cashback. It certainly has a good cashback rate of 5% and you also get a fuel surcharge waiver. This card will be suitable for people who frequently shop via PayZapp or SmartBUY or EasyEMI. It’s a basic credit card priced at Rs. 500 that can help you build your credit history. If you are thinking of starting your credit card journey then you can vouch for the HDFC Bank Bharat Credit Card.