HDFC bank launched two cobranded credit cards in collaboration with IndiGo, India’s largest airline and MasterCard in March 2020- The 6E Rewards and the 6E Rewards XL cards. The XL variant is the more premium variant and offers a higher reward rate and also comes with a higher membership fee of Rs. 2,500. Earlier, HDFC was also offering a free variant of the 6E Rewards XL Credit Card, which provided more or less the same benefits except for the welcome benefits. The free variant has however now been discontinued.
This is the first time that IndiGo Airlines has come up with a Reward Program for their customers. You earn reward points as 6E Rewards which can be redeemed for 6E Rewards’ benefits on IndiGo including IndiGo flight tickets. If you’re a frequent domestic flyer, this card is certainly worth consideration. Read on to know more about this co-branded travel credit card by HDFC and IndiGo.
6E Rewards XL – IndiGo HDFC Bank Credit Card
Best Suited For
Rs. 2,500 plus applicable taxes (zero fee variant also available as a limited period offer)
Reward Points |
- 1 Complimentary 6E Prime Add-On as a Welcome Benefit (Priority check-in, choice of seat, a complimentary meal & quicker baggage).
- 1 complimentary IndiGo air ticket (worth Rs. 3,000) on making 3 or more transactions in each of the first three months of card issuance (provided that the annual fee of Rs. 2,500 is realized).
- Welcome gift vouchers from merchants like Nissin Noddles, Budweiser (worth Rs. 250 each), and Samsonite-or American Tourister (worth Rs. 500).
- Reward Points as IndiGo 6E Rewards.
- IndiGo 6E Rewards- up to 15% on IndiGo featured products, 5% on IndiGo, 3% on dining, grocery, and entertainment and 2% on all other spends.
- Discounted Convenience Fee on IndiGo tickets (discount of Rs.100 per passenger).
- 8 Complimentary Domestic Lounge Access per calendar year (2 per quarter) under the MasterCard Lounge Program.
Rewards and Benefits
1 Complimentary 6E Prime Add-On, 1 complimentary air ticket worth Rs. 3,000, Welcome vouchers from merchants like Nissin Noddles, Budweiser worth Rs. 250 each and Samsonite-or American Tourister worth Rs. 500.
Movie & Dining
3% 6E Rewards on Dining spends, discount at premium restaurants across major cities under the Good Food Trail Dining Program, 10% off additionally.
6E Rewards- 5% on IndiGo, 3% on dining, grocery and entertainment, and 2% on all other spends.
The IndiGo 6E rewards are redeemable for 6E Rewards’ Benefits including IndiGo flight tickets (1 6E Reward Point = Re. 1).
Complimentary domestic lounge access
Domestic Lounge Access
8 complimentary domestic lounge access per year (max 2 per quarter)
International Lounge Access
Zero Liability Protection
Cardholder not liable for any fraudulent transaction made using the card post reporting the loss of card within 24 hours
Fees & Charges
Rs. 2,500 plus applicable taxes (zero fee variant also available as a limited period offer)
Rs. 2,500 (plus applicable taxes)
Spend based Waiver
Rewards Redemption Fee
Rewards Redemption Fee
Foreign Currency Markup
2.5% (plus applicable taxes)
3.6% per month (43.2% annually)
1% fuel surcharge waiver (min transaction of Rs. 400 required, max waiver capped at Rs. 500 per statement cycle)
Cash Advance Charge
2.5% of the withdrawn amount, subject to a minimum charge of Rs. 500.
Add-on Card Fee
6E Rewards XL IndiGo HDFC Credit Card Features and Benefits
- You get 1 Complimentary 6E Prime Add-On (Priority check-in, choice of seat, a complimentary meal and quicker baggage), provided that the joining fee is realized, with 6E Rewards XL IndiGo HDFC Credit Card.
- You also get Welcome vouchers from merchants including Samsonite-or American Tourister (worth Rs. 500), Nissin Noddles and Budweiser (worth Rs. 250 each) with the card on joining the card membership.
- The welcome benefits can be availed only 6 months after the issuance of the card.
You are entitled to 1 Complimentary IndiGo air ticket worth Rs.3,000 on making 3 or more transactions in each of the first three months after card issuance. This benefit is applicable only if the membership fee is paid.
- You earn 5% 6E Rewards on IndiGo flights.
- You also get complimentary airport lounge access with the HDFC 6E Rewards XL Credit Card at domestic airports across India.
- 6E Rewards XL HDFC Credit Card earns you 3% 6E Rewards on Dining spends with the card.
- You also get exclusive discounts at premium restaurants across major cities under the Good Food Trail Dining Program.
- An additional discount of 10% is applicable on dining bills at
Airport Lounge Access
- 8 complimentary domestic airport lounge access (max 2 per quarter) with the MasterCard Lounge Program.
- You don’t get any international lounge access with this card.
Fuel Surcharge Waiver
1% fuel surcharge is waived off at all filling stations across India, subject to a max waiver of Rs. 75,000 per billing cycle.
Zero Cost Liability
The cardholder shall not be liable for any unauthorized transaction made with the card post the time of reporting the loss of the card to the bank. However, for transactions made prior to the time of reporting, the liability lies solely with the cardmember.
6E Rewards XL IndiGo HDFC Credit Card Rewards
- Indigo 6E Rewards- up to 15% on IndiGo featured partners, 5% on IndiGo spends, 3% on grocery, dining and entertainment and 2% on all other spends.
- The additional 1% 6E Rewards earned on dining, grocery and entertainment spends are subject to the max capping of Rs. 75,000 per statement cycle.
- No 6E Rewards are earned on fuel spends and a max capping of Rs. 1,25,000 is applicable on the 6E Rewards earned insurance premium payments.
- The 6E Rewards are valid for 24 months (2 years) from the date of accrual.
- Discounted convenience fee on IndiGo tickets (Rs. 100 discount per passenger).
The Reward Points earned as 6E Rewards redeemable on the IndiGo 6E portal for 6E Rewards’ Benefits including IndiGo flights.
6E Rewards XL IndiGo HDFC Credit Card Fees and Charges
- Annual Fee: IndiGo HDFC Bank 6E Rewards XL Credit Card comes with a membership fee of Rs. 2,500 per annum (plus applicable taxes). The free variant of the card offered earlier has now been discontinued.
- Interest Rate: HDFC Bank charges an interest rate of 3.6% per month (or 43.2% per annum) on the due balance on the 6E Rewards XL Credit Card in case of non-payment of the monthly bill of the card in full by the payment due date.
- Cash Advance Fee: A cash advance fee of 2.5% is applicable on cash withdrawals from ATM, subject to a minimum fee of Rs. 500.
- Foreign Currency Mark-up: HDFC Bank levies a forex transaction fee of Rs. 2.5% of the transaction amount on foreign currency transaction made with HDFC IndiGo 6E Rewards XL Credit Card.
- Card Replacement Fee: HDFC charges a replacement fee of Rs. 100 to issue a fresh credit card in case you misplace your existing card.
6E Rewards XL IndiGo HDFC Bank Credit Card Credit Limit
The credit limit that an applicant is allowed on their 6E Rewards XL IndiGo HDFC Credit Card depends upon the credit score (CIBIL score), income (as per ITR/salary slips) of the applicant. Usually, the credit limit is around two to three times the monthly income of the cardholder.
6E Rewards XL HDFC Credit Card Eligibility and Documentation
The following table illustrates the income and age-based eligibility criteria for 6E Rewards XL HDFC Credit Card-
|Salaried Applicants||21-60 Years||Gross Monthly Income more than Rs. 1,20,000|
|Self-employed Applicants||21-65 Years||Rs. 14.4 lakh per annum (as per ITR)|
You need to submit the following documents to the bank while applying for the 6E Rewards XL IndiGo HDFC Credit Card-
- ID Proof- Aadhar Card, Voter Card, PAN Card, Passport, driving license, etc.
- Address Proof- Aadhar Card, Voter Card, electricity/telephone bill, Passport, driving.
- Proof of Income- Salary slip or an audited ITR acknowledgment.
How to apply for IndiGo 6E Rewards XL Credit Card
You can apply for HDFC credit cards online. To apply for this 6E Reward XL IndiGo HDFC credit card, all you need to do is, go to the card’s homepage on the bank’s website, fill in your details in the designated fields and upload the required documents.
How to check application status?
You can check the status of your application for the HDFC 6E Rewards XL Credit Card by entering your details (mobile number and application reference number or application form number or DOB) on the HDFC’s credit card application tracking page.
Activation and PIN Generation
You can activate your activate and generate the PIN for your HDFC 6E Rewards XL Credit Card in the following two ways-
- Through Internat Banking- Login to your HDFC Bank Internet Banking account and select the Credit Cards option and continue with the PIN generation process. In case you have not already registered you credit card for internet banking, you will need to complete the registration for internet banking before you can generate the PIN for your credit card.
- Through ATM- You can also generate the PIN for your HDFC IndiGo 6E Rewards XL Credit Card by visiting your nearest HDFC ATM and following the instructions as displayed on the ATM screen.
Login and Internet Banking
HDFC allows its credit card customers to take full control of their credit cards via the bank’s internet banking service. To register your HDFC 6E Rewards XL IndiGO Credit Card for internet banking-
- visit HDFC’s internet banking page.
- Click on Register at the bottom left corner of the screen.
- enter your details in the form on the page that opens and proceed with the registration process.
If you have already registered your credit card for internet banking, you can simply login to your HDFC internet banking account to control your credit card online- you can change the credit limit, disable/enable your card for a particular category of transactions (e.g. international transactions, contactless payments, etc.) or temporarily block your credit card.
6E Rewards XL IndiGo HDFC Bank Credit Card Bill Payment
6E Rewards XL IndiGo HDFC Bank Credit Card Customer Care
In case you need any assistance with regards to your HDFC 6E Rewards IndiGo Credit Card or to report the loss of card to the bank, you may dial the bank’s 24×7 customer care number 1860 267 6161 or 61606161 (prefix STD code). Customers traveling abroad may dial 022 61606160 to reach out HDFC’s customer care desk.
IndiGo Airlines is the largest and the most popular domestic carrier in India. Considering the benefits that this card offers to IndiGo flyers, it can be considered one of the top travel credit cards currently available in the market. The eight complimentary domestic lounge access that you get with this card every year make the benefits taste even sweeter. All these benefits make this card the ideal credit card for frequent domestic fliers. Although, you have to pay an annual membership fee of Rs. 2,500 (zero fee variant also available as a limited period offer), this card is still worth the amount for frequent fliers. Do let us know your opinion of the card in the comments. Also, if you already have this card, feel free to share your experience.
The 6E Rewards are valid for 24 months (2 years) from the time of accrual and expire thereafter.
The 6E rewards can be redeemed on the IndiGo portal for 6E Rewards’ benefits which include IndiGo flight tickets.
Yes. You earn 3% 6E Rewards on dining, entertainment and grocery spends, and 2% 6E Rewards on all other spends.
Yes, this credit card does support contactless payments.
1 6E Reward = Re. 1