HDFC bank launched two co-branded credit cards by partnering with IndiGo, India’s largest airline and MasterCard in March 2020- The 6E Rewards XL and the 6E Rewards cards. The XL variant is the more premium variant, offering a higher reward rate and a higher membership fee of Rs. 1,500. Earlier, HDFC was also offering a free variant of the 6E Rewards XL Credit Card, which provided more or less the same benefits except for the welcome benefits. The free variant has, however, now been discontinued.
This is the first time IndiGo Airlines has created a Reward Program for their customers. With this card, you earn 6E Reward Points redeemable for 6E Rewards benefits on IndiGo, including IndiGo flight tickets. If you travel domestically more often, this card is worth consideration.
Keep reading to know more about this co-branded travel credit card HDFC and IndiGo offers.
6E Rewards XL – IndiGo HDFC Bank Credit Card
Best Suited For
Movie & Dining
3% 6E Rewards on Dining spends, discount at premium restaurants across major cities under the Good Food Trail Dining Program
6E Rewards- 5% on IndiGo, 3% on dining, grocery and entertainment, and 2% for every other transaction.
The IndiGo 6E rewards are redeemable for 6E Rewards' Benefits including IndiGo flight tickets (1 6E Reward Point = Re. 1).
Complimentary access to domestic lounges
Domestic Lounge Access
8 complimentary domestic lounge visits annualy (max 2 per quarter)
International Lounge Access
Zero Liability Protection
If the loss of the card is reported to the bank within 24 hours, the cardholder will not be liable for any unauthorized transaction.
Spend Based Waiver
Rewards Redemption Fee
Rewards Redemption Fee
Foreign Currency Markup
2.5% (plus applicable taxes)
3.6% per month (43.2% annually)
Cash Advance Charges
2.5% of the withdrawn amount, subject to a minimum charge of Rs. 500.
Add-on Card Fee
- 1 Complimentary 6E Prime Add-On as a Welcome Benefit (Priority check-in, choice of seat, a complimentary meal & quicker baggage).
- A complimentary IndiGo air ticket of worth Rs. 3,000 on making 3 or more purchases in every 3 months after card activation (provided that the annual fee of Rs. 2,500 is realized).
- IndiGo 6E Rewards as Reward Points.
- IndiGo 6E Rewards- up to 20% on IndiGo featured partners, 5% on IndiGo, 3% on dining, grocery, and entertainment and 2% on all other spends.
- Discounted Convenience Fee on IndiGo tickets (discount of Rs. 150 per passenger).
- 8 Complimentary Domestic Lounge Access per calendar year (2 per quarter) under the MasterCard Lounge Program.
- You get 8 complimentary domestic lounge access with this card.
- Complimentary ticket worth Rs. 3000 as a welcome benefit.
- There are no insurance benefits with this card.
- You won’t get access to any international lounges with the 6E Rewards XL IndiGo HDFC Bank Credit Card.
6E Rewards XL IndiGo HDFC Credit Card Features and Benefits
- Enjoy 1 complimentary flight ticket worth Rs. 3000 and a 6E Prime Add-On (Priority check-in, choice of seat, a complimentary meal and quicker baggage), provided the joining fee is realised, with a 6E Rewards XL IndiGo HDFC Credit Card.
- The welcome benefits can be availed only 6 months after the card set-up.
- You earn 5% 6E Rewards on IndiGo flights.
- You also get complimentary airport lounge access with the HDFC 6E Rewards XL Credit Card at domestic airports across India.
- 6E Rewards XL HDFC Credit Card earns you 3% 6E reward points on Dining spends with the card.
- You also get exclusive discounts at premium restaurants across major cities under the Good Food Trail Dining Program.
Airport Lounge Access
- 8 complimentary domestic airport lounge visits (2 per quarter) with the MasterCard Lounge Program.
- The 6E Rewards XL Card does not offer any international lounge visits.
Zero Cost Liability
Any fraudulent transaction done on the card post reporting the bank about the Stolen/lost card, the cardholder will not laible towards the same. However, for transactions made prior to reporting the loss of the card, the liability lies solely with the cardmember.
6E Rewards XL IndiGo HDFC Credit Card Rewards
- Indigo 6E Rewards- up to 20% on IndiGo featured partners, 5% for transactions made on IndiGo, 3% on grocery, dining and entertainment, and 2% on all other spends.
- The additional 1% 6E Rewards gained for dining, grocery, and entertainment spends are subject to the max capping of Rs. 75,000 per statement period.
- The card offers 2% 6E Rewards on every Rs. 100 spent on fuel
- The 6E Rewards are valid for 24 months (2 years) from the date of accrual.
- Discounted convenience fee on IndiGo tickets (Rs. 150 discount per passenger).
The Reward Points earned as 6E Rewards redeemable on the IndiGo 6E portal for 6E Rewards’ Benefits including IndiGo flights.
6E Rewards XL IndiGo HDFC Credit Card Fees and Charges
- Annual Fee: IndiGo HDFC Bank 6E Rewards XL Credit Card carries an annual fee of Rs. 1,500 (plus applicable taxes). The free variant of the card offered earlier has now been discontinued.
- Interest Rate: HDFC Bank charges an interest rate of 3.6% p.m. ( 43.2% per annum) on the due balance on the 6E Rewards XL Credit Card in case of non-payment of the monthly bill of the card in full by the payment due date.
- Cash Advance Fee: A charge of 2.5% is applicable as a cash advance fee on cash withdrawals from ATM or Rs. 500 (whichever is higher).
- Foreign Currency Mark-up: HDFC Bank levies a forex transaction fee of Rs. 2.5% of the transaction amount on foreign currency transaction made with HDFC IndiGo 6E Rewards XL Credit Card.
- Card Replacement Fee: HDFC charges a replacement fee of Rs. 100 to issue a new credit card if you misplaced your existing card.
6E Rewards XL IndiGo HDFC Bank Credit Card Credit Limit
The credit limit that an applicant is allowed on their 6E Rewards XL IndiGo HDFC Credit Card depends upon the credit score (CIBIL score), income (as per ITR/salary slips) of the applicant. Usually, the credit limit is around two to three times the monthly earnings of the cardholder.
6E Rewards XL HDFC Credit Card Eligibility and Documentation
The eligibility criteria with respect to the age and income for 6E Rewards XL HDFC Credit Card has been explained below:
|Salaried Applicants||21-60 Years||Gross Monthly Income more than Rs. 1,20,000|
|Self-employed Applicants||21-65 Years||Rs. 14.4 lakh per annum (as per ITR)|
Following are the document that are required to be submitted to the bank while applying for the 6E Rewards XL IndiGo HDFC Credit Card-
- ID Proof- Voter Card, Aadhar Card, PAN Card, Passport, driving license, etc.
- Address Proof- Voter Card, electricity/telephone bill, Aadhar Card, Passport, driving.
- Proof of Income- An audited ITR acknowledgment or salary slip.
How to apply for IndiGo 6E Rewards XL Credit Card
HDFC credit cards can be applied online. To apply for this 6E Reward XL IndiGo HDFC credit card, all you need to do is, go to the card’s homepage on the bank’s website, fill in your details in the designated fields and upload the required documents.
How to check application status?
Check the status of the application that you submitted for the HDFC 6E Rewards XL Credit Card by entering your details (mobile number and application reference number or application form number or DOB) on the HDFC’s credit card application tracking page.
Activation and PIN Generation
You can activate your activate and generate the PIN for your HDFC 6E Rewards XL Credit Card in the following two ways-
- Through Internat Banking- Login to your HDFC Bank Internet Banking account and select the Credit Cards option and continue with the PIN generation process. In case you have not already registered you credit card for internet banking, you will need to complete the registration for internet banking before you can generate the PIN for your credit card.
- Through ATM- You can also generate the PIN for your HDFC IndiGo 6E Rewards XL Credit Card by visiting your nearest HDFC ATM and following the instructions as displayed on the ATM screen.
Login and Internet Banking
HDFC allows its credit card customers to take full control of their credit cards via the bank’s internet banking service. To register your HDFC 6E Rewards XL IndiGO Credit Card for internet banking-
- visit HDFC’s internet banking page.
- Click on Register at the bottom left corner of the screen.
- enter your details in the form on the page that opens and proceed with the registration process.
If you have already registered your credit card for internet banking, you can simply login to your HDFC internet banking account to control your credit card online- you can change the credit limit, disable/enable your card for a particular category of transactions (e.g. international transactions, contactless payments, etc.) or temporarily block your credit card.
6E Rewards XL IndiGo HDFC Bank Credit Card Bill Payment
You can pay HDFC 6E Rewards XL IndiGo Credit Card bills via multiple channels- via HDFC mobile app, via HDFC Internet Banking, via Billdesk, or through a third-party app like CRED or Paytm.
6E Rewards XL IndiGo HDFC Bank Credit Card Customer Care
In case you require any assistance with regards to your HDFC 6E Rewards IndiGo Credit Card or to report card lost or stolen to the bank, you may dial the bank’s 24×7 customer care number 1860 267 6161 or 61606161 (prefix STD code). The Customers that are traveling abroad may dial 022 61606160 to reach out to HDFC’s customer care desk.
6E Rewards XL – IndiGo HDFC Bank Credit Card Review
IndiGo Airlines is the largest and the most popular domestic carrier in India. Considering the benefits this card offers to IndiGo flyers, it can be considered one of the top travel credit cards presently available. The eight complimentary domestic lounge access this card offers every year makes the benefits taste even sweeter. All these benefits make this card the ideal credit card for frequent domestic fliers.
Although you have to pay an annual membership fee of Rs. 1,500, this card is still worth the amount for frequent fliers. Share your views on the card in the comments below, and if you already used one, share your experience with it with others.
The 6E Rewards are valid for 24 months (2 years) from the time of accrual and expire thereafter.
The 6E rewards can be redeemed on the IndiGo portal for 6E Rewards’ benefits which include IndiGo flight tickets.
Yes. You earn 3% 6E Rewards on dining, entertainment and grocery spends, and 2% 6E Rewards on all other spends.
Yes, this credit card does support contactless payments.
1 6E Reward = Re. 1