HDFC Bank Regalia ForexPlus Card is the most premium prepaid forex card by the bank. The card comes with a membership fee of Rs. 1,000 per annum and offers complimentary lounge access at international airports across India. Apart from the lounge access benefit, another benefit that you get with the Regalia ForexPlus Card is a comprehensive insurance cover including multiple travel-related insurance benefits like cover against loss of check-in luggage, loss of personal documents (during air travel) and loss of cash in transit, personal air accident cover and insurance against misuse of the card due to counterfeiting/skimming.
You can load the card in USD and transact in any currency without being charged any foreign currency exchange mark-up. All the transactions on the HDFC RegaliPlus Forex Card are processed over the Visa payment network and therefore, the card is accepted at all major e-commerce portals for online transactions. Read on to learn more about the Regalia ForexPlus Card by HDFC Bank.
HDFC Bank Regalia ForexPlus Card
Best Suited For
Movie & Dining
Complimentary lounge access at international airports in India, complimentary lounge access in case of delay of flight
Domestic Lounge Access
2 complimentary lounge access per quarter at international airports in India
International Lounge Access
Complimentary comprehensive insurance cover against misuse of card, loss/damage of card, loss/damage of check-in baggage, air/rail/bus accident, loss of cash in transit, etc.
Zero Liability Protection
Cardholder not liable for any fraudulent transaction on the card post reporting the loss of card to the bank
Spend Based Waiver
The issuance fee is waived on loading USD 1,000 or more in your card.
Rewards Redemption Fee
Rewards Redemption Fee
Foreign Currency Markup
Cash Advance Charges
Add-on Card Fee
- Balance is loaded on the card in US Dollars and can be used in any currency without can forex charges.
- The card can be used for online transactions at all major e-commerce portals with authentication via OTP or prepaid card net-banking password.
- No ATM access charges when used at All Point Network ATMs (regular ATM withdrawal charges applicable).
- 2 complimentary lounge access per quarter at international airports in India.
- Complimentary access to select airport lounges in case of delay of the flight.
- Global assistance in event of loss of card/card not working.
- Emergency cash delivery assistance across the globe.
- Multiple complimentary insurance covers including insurance against counterfeiting/skimming, air/rail/road accident cover, loss/damage of check-in luggage and loss of personal documents, etc.
- Support for the PayWave technology (contactless transactions).
HDFC Bank Regalia ForexPlus Card Features and Benefits
The Regalia range of cards offered by the HDFC bank is among the most popular credit cards in the country. Therefore, the HDFC Regalia ForexPlus Card can be considered a top forex credit card in the Indian market. The card has several advantages as it makes your travel experiences hassle-free by allowing your transactions in foreign currencies without any additional charges. Some of the significant benefits and features of this forex card are as follows:
The cardholders get an Amazon gift voucher worth Rs. 1,000 on loading their forex card with Rs. 1 lakh or more using their HDFC Bank Credit Card (offer valid till August 31, 2022).
- 2 complimentary lounge access at international airports across India.
- Complimentary access to airport lounges in case of delay of flight.
HDFC Bank Regalia ForexPlus Card offers multiple insurance covers to the cardholders, which can be summarised as under-
|Insurance Type||Covered Amount (Single Currency Cards)||Covered Amount (Multi-Currency Cards)|
|Misuse due to counterfeiting/skimming||Rs. 5 lakh||Rs. 5 lakh|
|Road/Rail accident (death cover only)||Rs. 2 lakh||Rs. 5 lakh|
|Air accident (death cover only)||Rs. 5 lakh||Rs. 25 lakh|
|Loss of check-in baggage||Rs. 20,000||Rs. 20,000|
|Loss of personal documents (passport reconstruction only)||Rs. 50,000||Rs. 50,000|
|Loss of cash in transit||Rs. 60,000||Rs. 60,000|
Issuance Fee Waiver
The issuance fee of Rs. 1,000 is waived on loading the HDFC Regalia ForexPlus Card with USD 1,000 or more (offer valid till September 30, 2022).
You get assistance service from the bank across the globe in the event of loss of card, card not working or emergency cash withdrawal.hg
Loading/Reloading HDFC Bank Regalia ForexPlus Card
HDFC Regalia ForexPlus Card can be loaded/reloaded in the following two ways-
- Online– You can load or reload your HDFC Regalia ForexPlus Card via net banking or phone banking.
- Offline- You can also load/reload your HDFC Regalia ForexPlus Card by visiting your nearest HDFC branch and submitting the forex reload form A2 along with a cheque of the amount to be reloaded.
HDFC Regalia ForexPlus Card Fees and Charges
There are some important fees and charges associated with the HDFC Bank Regalia ForexPlus card, which are mentioned below:
- The issuance fee of the HDFC Regalia ForexPlus Card is Rs. 1,000 and re issuance fee is Rs. 100.
- The reloading fee for this card is Rs. 75 you need to pay every time you reload it using an HDFC debit card.
- No forex markup fee/cross currency fees are charged by the HDFC Regalia ForexPlus Card.
- The cash withdrawal fee for this card is USD 4 and the maximum withdrawal limit per day is USD 5,000.
HDFC Bank Regalia ForexPlus Card Eligibility Criteria
Unlike credit cards, forex cards do not have very strict eligibility criteria. If you want to get this card, you should just keep the following points in mind:
- The cardholder should be an Indian resident traveling abroad.
- HDFC Bank customers as well as non-customers can apply for this card.
Documents that you will need to submit in order to apply for the HDFC Regalia ForexPlus Card are listed below:
- Copy of your Passport (self-attested).
- Copy of the applicant’s ticket/Visa (self-attested).
- Address Proof, such as Aadhar Card, PAN Card, etc (in case the address is different from that mentioned in the passport).
- Copy of bank statement (proof for the application fee payment of the Forex Card).
- Cancelled cheque, latest bank statement, passbook.
How To Apply For The HDFC Regalia ForexPlus Card?
You can apply for the HDFC Bank’s regalia ForexPlus Card very easily through online/offline methods at your convenience. To get the card offline, you can visit your nearest HDFC Bank branch with all the listed documents and fill out the application form there. You can also apply online for the card as follows:
- Visit HDFC Bank’s official website.
- Under the section ‘Pay,’ click on ‘Forex Card’ option.
- Select the HDFC Regalia ForexPlus Card.
- Click on the option Apply Online and proceed further accordingly.
Considering that you can spend in any of the foreign currencies with HDFC Regalia ForexPlus Card without being charged any additional mark-up fee, Regalia ForexPlus Card becomes a great alternative to regular HDFC credit cards when you’re on a foreign trip or for making large transactions in a foreign currency over the internet. On top of that, the complimentary airport lounge access that you get with the Regalia ForexPlus Card makes it an even more attractive choice for international frequent flyers. Another forex card by HDFC Bank that you must check is the HDFC Multicurrency Platinum ForexPlus Chip Card. Moreover, if you have any additional doubts regarding the HDFC Regalia ForexPlus Card, let us know in the comment section below!
HDFC Regalia ForexPlus Card is loaded in US Dollars but can be used for transactions in any currency without any foreign currency mark-up fee.
Since it is a prepaid card, anyone above the age of 18 can apply for HDFC Regalia ForexPlus Card. There are no income criteria that you need to fulfill for applying for this card.
No, you do not earn any Reward Points or cashback against the spends on your HDFC Regalia ForexPlus Card.
Yes, you get 2 complimentary access to lounges at international airports in India.