Goibibo ICICI Bank Forex Prepaid Card is a co-branded forex card by ICICI Bank in collaboration with Goibibo. As it is a co-branded card, you get Goibibo exclusive benefits like goCash+ Gift Voucher and Goibibo vouchers as a welcome gift with the card. Like all other prepaid cards, you need to first load the card (add an amount to the card account) before you can spend.
Although the card does not have any reward structure, you do get a few other benefits like discounted forex rates, discounted rates on dining, cab vouchers, a comprehensive insurance plan, etc. with the card. Read on to learn more about this co-branded offering by ICICI Bank.
Goibibo ICICI Bank Forex Prepaid Card
Best Suited For
Rs. 499 (plus applicable taxes)
- goCash+ gift voucher worth Rs. 500.
- Goibibo vouchers worth Rs. 15,000.
- Complimentary card protection from OneAssist wallet assistance worth Rs. 1,600.
- Discount of Rs. 500 at Croma outlets (including online and airport outlets).
- Flat 15% discount on dining at Indian restaurants in 6 countries.
- Cab voucher worth Rs. 1,000 and a discount of Rs. 0.40 on forex rate on loading USD 1,000.
- Accepted at all international online stores accepting Visa credit/debit cards.
- Can be used for shopping at duty-free stores at airports.
Rewards and Benefits
goCash+ gift vouchers worth Rs. 500, Goibibo vouchers worth Rs. 15,000
Movie & Dining
15% off on dining at Indian restaurants in 6 countries
Cab vouchers worth Rs. 1,000 on loading USD 1,000, Rs. 0.40 discount on forex conversion rate
Domestic Lounge Access
International Lounge Access
Comprehensive insurance policy including an air accident cover worth Rs. 10 lakh and a lost card liability cover worth Rs. 2 lakh
Zero Liability Protection
Cardholder not liable for any fraudulent transaction on the card post reporting the loss of card to the bank and a cover of Rs. 2 lakh against lost card liability
Fees & Charges
Rs. 499 (plus applicable taxes)
Spend based Waiver
Rewards Redemption Fee
Rewards Redemption Fee
Foreign Currency Markup
Cross currency mark-up fee of 3.5% of the transaction amount applicable on transactions done in another currency
Cash Advance Charge
USD 2 (or currency equivalent) on cash withdrawals from ATMs, 0.5% of the transaction amount on cash withdrawals from POS
Add-on Card Fee
Goibibo ICICI Bank Forex Prepaid Card Welcome Benefits
- goCash+ Gift Voucher worth Rs. 500. goCash+ is a 100% redeemable currency on Goibibo.
- Goibibo vouchers worth Rs. 1,000.
- Cab voucher worth up to Rs. 1,000 on loading USD 1,000 on the card.
- Discount of Rs. 0.40 on forex rate on loading USD 1,000 on the card.
Goibibo ICICI Bank Forex Prepaid Card Dining Benefits
You get a discount of 15% on dining at 100+ Indian restaurants in 6 countries- Kuala Lumpur, Dubai, London, Singapore, Hong Kong and Bangkok when you make the payment with your Goibibo ICICI Forex Prepaid Card.
You get a complimentary comprehensive insurance plan with the card. The table below summarises all the insurance benefit that you get with the Goibibo ICICI Bank Forex Prepaid Forex Card.
|Insurance Type||Covered Amount|
|Air accident||Rs. 10 lakh|
|Checked-in baggage delay||USD 300|
|Loss of passport/tickets||USD 500|
|Missing connecting international flight||USD 300|
|Plane Hijacking||Up to USD 3,000|
|Counterfeit Card Liability||Rs. 5lakh|
|Lost card liability||Rs. 5 lakh|
- Complimentary cards protection worth Rs. 1,600 from OneAssist wallet assistance.
- Discount of Rs. 500 on shopping at Croma outlets (including airport outlets and online).
Goibibo ICICI Bank Forex Prepaid Card Fees and Charges
- An initial fee of Rs. 499 (plus applicable taxes) is chargeable at the time of card issuance. No annual fee is applicable once the card is issued.
- A reloading fee of Rs. 100 is chargeable every time the card is reloaded.
- No foreign currency mark-up fee is applicable on transactions made in the currency loaded on the card. However, a cross-currency mark-up fee of 3.5% of the transaction amount is levied on transactions made in a currency other than the one loaded on the card.
- A cash advance charge of 0.5% of the transaction amount is applicable on POS cash withdrawals, for ATM withdrawals, the cash advance charge is USD 2 per transaction.
How to apply for Goibibo ICICI Bank Forex Prepaid Card
- You can apply for Goibibo ICICI Bank Forex Prepaid Card through internet banking, iMobile Pay app or by visiting any of the forex branches of the bank.
- In order to proceed with the application, you are required to submit copies of your PAN card, Aadhar card, Passport (with Visa) and Form A2 along with the card application form.
- If you are an ICICI account holder, you need not submit any documents while applying for the card.
If you are a frequent traveler and prefer third-party travel portals like Goibibo for booking air tickets and hotel reservations over booking flights/hotels directly from the h0tel’s or the airline’s official website, Goibibo ICICI Forex Prepaid Card can be a good pick for you. You not only get Goibibo vouchers and goCash+, but also many other benefits like a comprehensive insurance cover, discounted dining rates at foreign restaurants, and many more. What’s your take on this Goibibo co-branded forex card by ICICI? Do let us know in the comments. And if you are an existing cardholder, feel free to share your experience for the benefit of others.
No annual fee is applicable on Goibibo ICICI Bank Forex Prepaid Card. However, you do have to pay an initial fee of Rs. 499 (plus GST) at the time of card issuance.
No, Goibibo ICICI Bank Forex Prepaid Card does not have any reward structure.
No, you do not get complimentary lounge access with Goibibo ICICI Bank Forex Prepaid Card.
Since it is a prepaid card, there is no minimum income requirement to be eligible for Goibibo ICICI Bank Forex Prepaid Card.