Axis Bank Multi-Currency Forex Card is a prepaid forex card, i.e., unlike credit cards, where you pay the bank only after spending, you need to load the card before you can use it for making purchases. As it is a multi-currency card, you can load/reload the card in 16 different widely used currencies including USD, Euro, Pound, Dirham and many others.
Since it is a prepaid card (no credit is involved), you need not submit any proof of income to the bank for the Axis Bank Multi-Currency Forex Card. Although no annual fee is applicable on the card, you however do have to pay an initial fee of Rs. 300 at the time of issuance of the card. Read on to learn more about this Forex Card by Axis Bank.
Axis Bank Multi-Currency Forex Card
Best Suited For
Movie & Dining
Can be loaded in 16 different currencies, up to Rs. 1,000 cashback on Vodafone India international roaming packs, 24x7 emergency assistance by TripAssist
Domestic Lounge Access
International Lounge Access
Zero Liability Protection
Cardholder not liable for any fraudulent transaction made on the card post reporting the loss of card to the bank
Spend Based Waiver
Rewards Redemption Fee
Rewards Redemption Fee
Foreign Currency Markup
3.50% of the transaction amount on cross-currency usage
Cash Advance Charges
0.5% of the transaction (subject to a maximum charge of USD 75) or USD 2.25 on ATM withdrawals
Add-on Card Fee
- Can be loaded in 16 widely used currencies including USD, Euro, Pound, Dirham.
- Cashback of up to Rs. 1,000 on Vodafone India’s international roaming packs.
- No forex mark-up charge applicable on transactions made in the currency loaded on the card.
- Lower currency conversion rates on Southeast Asian currencies.
- 24×7 emergency assistance by TripAssist in case of loss of card/money.
- Card issuance fee of Rs. 300 waived off for Priority and Burgundy account holders.
- Locked-in currency exchange margin.
- Flat Rs. 0.30 discount on exchange margin to Axis Bank account holders on reloading the card via internet/mobile banking.
- Card widely accepted at all retail outlets and online stores accepting Visa/MasterCard credit/debit cards.
Axis Bank Multi-Currency Forex Card Features and Benefits
Like all other major card issuers, Axis Bank also offers a multi-currency forex card to make your travel experiences hassle-free. There are several privileges that this card offers, including exciting travel deals and discounts, insurance covers, and a few more. All its features are mentioned below in detail:
- The card can be loaded in 16 widely used currencies including USD, Euro, Pound, Dirham, and others.
- Cashback of up to Rs. 1,000 on select international roaming packs by Vodafone India.
The Axis Bank Multicurrency Forex Card also offers several insurance benefits, which are as mentioned below:
- The cardholders get an insurance cover worth up to Rs. 3 lakhs against a lost/stolen card (not applicable to ATM withdrawals).
- Insurance cover worth Rs. 60,000 against ATM assault or robbery (mandatory FIR required).
You can load/reload your Axis Bank Multi-Currency Forex Card-
- via internet banking or Axis Bank Mobile app.
- by visiting your nearest Axis Bank branch (you can also authorize your family members to load your card when you are on a foreign trip by giving them a duly signed authorization letter).
You get 24×7 global assistance during international travel by TripAssist in case of loss of card/money.
Axis Bank Multi-Currency Forex Card Fees and Charges
- You are charged an initial card issuance fee of Rs. 300 (exclusive of the GST applicable).
- You also have to pay Rs. 100 (plus GST) every time you load/reload the card.
- A cash withdrawal fee of USD 2.25 (or its currency equivalent) is charged every time you withdraw cash from an ATM using your Axis Bank Multi-Currency Forex Card.
- A cash advance transaction fee of 0.5% of the transaction amount (maximum fee of USD 75) is also applicable on cash withdrawals using the card.
- No forex mark-up fee is applicable on transactions done in the currency loaded on the card. However, a cross-currency usage fee of 3.5% of the transaction amount is charged on transactions made in a currency other than the one loaded on the card.
Axis Bank Multi-Currency Forex Card – Eligibility and Documents Required
There are no strict eligibility criteria that need to be fulfilled by the cardholders in order to get approved for Axis bank’s Multicurrency Forex Card. You just need to submit a few documents while applying for this card. All the required documents are listed below:
- A copy of your passport.
- Application form for the Axis Multicurrency Forex Card.
- Visa of the applicant.
- Copy of ticket.
- Address proof (in case your present address is different from the address mentioned on your passport).
How to apply for Axis Bank Multi-Currency Forex Card
You can apply for Axis Bank Multi-Currency Forex Card in the following two ways-
- Online: visit the Forex Cards application page on Axis Bank’s website and submit your application. You will need to upload a scanned copy of your passport (with visa) at the time of application. The card will be delivered to your correspondence address or, alternatively, you may also collect the card from your nearest Axis Bank branch.
- Offline: you can also get the card over the counter from any of the Axis Bank branches by submitting a copy of your passport (with visa) and air tickets.
Axis Bank Multi-Currency Card can be a good alternative to credit cards for frequent flyers who frequently travel to international destinations with different home currencies as the card comes with the convenience of loading 16 different currencies. Also, since the card doesn’t have any income-based eligibility criteria and you are not charged any mark-up fee on forex transactions, it can also be the card of choice for students going abroad for studies.