You can apply for Citibank credit cards online as well as offline using several methods provided by the bank. Once you apply for a card, you might want to know whether there is any progress in your application or not. Keeping this in mind, the card issuer (Citibank) also allows its customers to track their application online or offline at their convenience. To track the details of your credit card you are required to take a note of your application number while submitting your application as this number is what helps you the most while tracking your application. However, there are a few other ways as well in which you can check your Citibank Credit Card application status. Keep reading to understand all about the same:
How To Check Citibank Credit Card Application Status Online?
Citibank provides its credit card applicants with a very easy way to check their credit card application status online with the application reference number and mobile number. Just follow a few simple steps as mentioned below to get the status of your application in seconds:
Citibank Credit Card Status With Reference Number
Citibank has a different dedicated page for tracking Citibank Credit Card application status where you can check for the same using your registered mobile number and application number by following the below-mentioned steps.
- Step 1: Go to Citibank’s official website and click on the option ‘credit cards.’
- Step 2: From the dropdown menu click on the option ‘track application status.’
- Step 3: You will be redirected to a new webpage.
- Step 4: Enter your application reference number and mobile number.
- Step 4: Click on submit.
The status of your application will be there on your screen in a few seconds if you have entered the details correctly. On the other hand, if you have entered the wrong information, you will only see a message saying ‘No Reconds Found.’
How To Track Citibank Credit Card Application Status Offline?
Citibank customers can also track their credit card application status through offline channels using customer care support and by visiting the nearest bank branch.
By Contacting Customer Care
You can contact Citibank Credit Card customer care on their 24×7 toll-free number 1860-210-2484 to know the status of your credit card application. Just call them and ask for your application status. They might ask you for a few details, like your date of birth, PAN Card Number, Application Number, etc, provide them with the same and get to know your Citibank credit card status in seconds. It can be considered one of the easiest ways to check the status of a credit card application.
By Visiting The Branch
If you are unable to track your Citibank Credit Card status using the above methods, you can simply visit your nearest branch for the same. Just visit the branch, ask the bank officials to help you check your credit card application status. Provide them with all the required details that they have asked for and wait for a while. You will be informed about the status of your credit card application very soon after this.
Statuses of Citi Credit Card Application
Following are the different types of application statuses that might be shown on your screen when you check for it. Read all the below-mentioned points thoroughly to understand what all these statuses mean:
- On-hold: The on-hold status means your application by the bank has been kept on hold due to incomplete information, issues in the verification process, etc. The bank will ask you to provide the required information or documents to continue with the application scrutinizing process.
- In-progress: The in-progress status means that the bank is still processing your credit card application.
- Approved: Approved status is reflected when the bank has accepted your credit card application.
- Disapproved: The disapproved status is reflected when the bank has rejected your application for various reasons like non-fulfillment of eligibility requirement, wrong documents submitted, etc.
- No record found: There are chances that you can fill the wrong application reference number in the required field for tracking the details, in this case, you will be shown with no record found status.
- Dispatched: On the approval of your credit card application, you will be notified with the message on the registered number regarding the dispatch of your citi credit card along with the shipment tracking details.
The credit card will be delivered to your place within 3-4 working days.
No, you can not change your shipping address after submitting your credit card application.
Yes, you can apply for a Citibank credit card even if you do not have an account with Citibank.