The American Express Corporate Card is corporate card offered by the American Express for the corporates to manage and keep a track on the business expenses and provides great services to keep the business running smoothly. The card offers benefits to undertake the business while getting benefits in travel, hotel, and restaurants, office supplies and phone bills. The card is optimal for contactless payments up to Rs. 5,000. Also, the card provides easy account management, monthly statement and billed and unbilled transactions for better management. The Amex Corporate Card is very beneficial for the employees as it provides them with great reward points for every business expense they incur, along with assistance in travel and lounge access. Know more about this offering by American Express:
American Express Corporate Card
Best Suited For
Travel | Shopping |
Movie & Dining
1 Membership Rewards Point for every Rs. 100 spent on Fuel, Telecom, Utilities and Insurance. 1 Membership Rewards Point for every Rs. 50 on all other spending.
Redemption options for the Cardholders to choose from gift vouchers to transferring points to air miles and Hotels, cover Card charges or pay with Points while making the payments.
Complimentary membership to the Priority Pass Programme
Domestic Lounge Access
Avail discounted access across domestic airport lounges.
International Lounge Access
2 complimentary lounge access in 12 month period
Business Travel Accident Insurance and Travel Inconvenience Insurance
Zero Liability Protection
Cardholder not liable for any fraudulent transaction if loss of card is reported within 3 working days. Maximum liability of up to Rs. 1,000 on reporting after 3 days.
Spend Based Waiver
Rewards Redemption Fee
Rewards Redemption Fee
Foreign Currency Markup
3.5% of the transaction amount
3.5% of the outstanding, subject to a minimum of Rs. 100 (Delinquency Fee)
1% (2.5% for private fuel) of transaction amount per transaction subject to a minimum of Rs. 10. (1% for HPCL if transaction above Rs. 5,000)
Cash Advance Charges
3.5% of the withdrawal amount
Add-on Card Fee
- 1 Membership Rewards Point for every Rs. 100 spent on Fuel, Telecom, Utilities and Insurance.
- 1 Membership Rewards Point for every Rs. 50 on all other spending.
- 2 complimentary lounge access in 12 month period with Priority Pass Programme.
- Discounted access across domestic airport lounges.
- Convenience of expert assistance.
- Business Travel Accident Insurance and Travel Inconvenience Insurance
- Enhance your Company’s cost management with flexible billing and payment systems.
- Online expense management solutions with @Work.
- Zero Lost Card Liability in case you lost your American Express Corporate Card.
American Express Corporate Card Features and Benefits
The American Express Corporate Card is a very handy tool for the corporates as well as for the employees to manage and keep a track of the business expenses and provides benefits across travel for business purposes and get more out the normal transactions with reward points and much more like:
American Express Gold Corporate Cardmembers enjoy a complimentary membership to the Priority Pass Programme, with it you get 2 complimentary lounge access in 12 month period of membership under this program. You may additionally access it by paying US$32 per person per visit. Also, Gold Corporate Cardmembers can avail of discounted access across domestic airport lounges.
American Express @Work
American Express @Work is a business-to-business suite of online expense management solutions that enables to deliver more effective supplier strategies, monitor compliance and streamline business processes. It provides customizable report templates enabling analysis of spend trends, monitor compliance and identify savings opportunities and much more.
Zero Liability Protection
Cardmember shall not be liable for any fraudulent transaction if loss of the card is reported within 3 working days, otherwise, the liability of the cardmember is limited to Rs. 1,000.
Non Air Accident Road/Rail
Permanent total disability
|Loss of Checked Baggage
|Delay in Receipt of Checked Baggage
|Loss of Passport / Documents
|Missed Connecting Flight
|Medical Expenses following an Accident
Read more about the insurance benefits on the American Express’ website. All the benefits mentioned above are subject to terms and conditions levied by the American Express, read all terms and conditions carefully.
American Express Corporate Card Membership Rewards
With the American Express Corporate Card enjoy one of the best reward rates with the American Express Membership Rewards Programme.
- Get 1 point for every Rs. 100 spent on fuel, utility, telecommunication, and insurance bills
- Get 1 Point for every Rs.40 on all other spending.
The Membership Rewards program offers great rewards with no expiration dates, which means you can redeem them and use them whenever you want. The card offer tons of redemption options like:
- For Vouchers, where you can choose from a wide selection of shopping categories and redeem your points for e-vouchers.
- Transfer Partners, where you can transfer you reward points to leading airline and hotels loyalty programs.
- Cover Charges, where you can use your points against any eligible charges on your card.
- Pay with Points, where you can use your reward points to pay for anything you buy online or in store.
- Book Travel, where you can redeem your points to book flight tickets and hotels on the American Express Travel Online.
American Express Corporate Card Fees & Charges
- Joining Fee and Annual Fees: There is no Joining Fees charged for the American Express Corporate Card. The Renewal/Annual fees for the card is Rs. 2,100.
- Late Payment Fee: American Express Corporate Card is a charge card and therefore, a delinquency fee of 3.5% of the outstanding, subject to a minimum of ₹100 of a transaction is applicable.
- Forex Mark-up Fee: A foreign currency fee of 3.5% (plus applicable taxes) of the transaction amount is applicable on all foreign currency transactions made with American Express Corporate Card.
- Cash Advance Charges: A charge of 3.5% of the amount withdrawn is applicable on the cash advance transactions made on American Express Corporate Card.
American Express Corporate Credit Card Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria that need to be fulfilled in order to get approved for the AmEx Corporate Card are not clearly disclosed by the card issuer. However, the criteria may depend on different factors including the applicant’s safe, income from their business, credit score, etc. Some of the basic requirements for this card are as follows:
- The applicant’s age should be a minimum of 21 years.
- The applicant should have a business with a good income.
The documents required to apply for the American Express Corporate Credit Card are as mentioned below:
- PAN Card or FORM 60.
- Passport, Driving License. Voter’s Identity Card, Job card issued by NREGA duly signed by an officer of the state government or Letter issued by the National Population Register containing details of name and address. (Any one)
How To Apply For The American Express Corporate Credit Card?
The American Express Bank provides its customers with online as well as offline methods to apply for the AmEx Corporate Credit Card. To apply offline, you can visit your nearest AmEx branch and apply for the card by filling out the physical application form. Make sure to carry all the necessary documents along with you. To apply online, you can visit American Express Bank’s official website and apply for the AmEx Corporate Credit Card by filling in the digital application form. You can also apply for the card by contacting customer care.
The American Express Corporate Card is a very good option for corporates as it provides end-to-end reports and provides them the ability to track and manage every business transaction. The card is also beneficial for the employees as it provides them with the ability to earn Reward Points on every business transaction they incur and get more out of it through the Reward Points. With these Reward Points in hand, they can choose to use them among many alternatives. Also, the card helps them to track where the money is going and helps to manage them efficiently. Even for travel needs for business purposes, the card offers complimentary access to the airport lounge along with 24X7 global services for every other need.
This card is very much comparable to the Business Regalia Credit Card offered by HDFC Bank. You can also check it out. These were our reviews on the AmEx Corporate Credit Card. Drop your views on the card below in the comment section.