Axis Bank Platinum Credit Card is a basic card that comes with a joining fee of Rs. 500, which can be credited back to the cardholder’s account on fulfilling the desired requirement of minimum spend. With this card, you can earn up to 12 Edge reward points on every Rs. 200 you spend and redeem these points against various categories & products of your choice. Moreover, you can save up to Rs. 1,000 every year on your movie spends as you get 25% cashback on movie tickets.
To make your dining experiences more rewarding, the card provides a minimum discount of 15% on dining with the Axis Bank Dining Delights Programme. Other benefits of the card include bonus reward points on your first online transaction, fuel surcharge waiver of up to Rs. 400 per month, and spend-based renewal fee waiver. Read on to know the detailed features and benefits of this card.
Axis Bank Platinum Credit Card
Best Suited For
Reward Points |
- Earn 100 EDGE REWARD points on your first online transaction.
- 6 Edge Rewards on every Rs. 200 spent on domestic purchases.
- 2x Edge Rewards on international transactions.
- A cashback of 25% on movie tickets.
- Get 15 % off on dining at partnered restaurants in India.
- Spend-based joining and annual fee waiver.
- 1% fuel surcharge waiver up to Rs. 400 per month.
Rewards and Benefits
100 Edge Rewards on first online transaction.
Movie & Dining
You get 25% off on movie tickets, and a minimum discount of 15 % on dining at partner restaurants in India.
6 Edge Rewards on every domestic spend of Rs. 200 and 12 Edge Rewards on every international spend of Rs. 200.
The accumulated EDGE REWARD points can be redeemed for purchasing vouchers, mobiles & accessories, and much more exciting products. 1 Edge Reward Point = Re. 0.20.
Domestic Lounge Access
International Lounge Access
Zero Liability Protection
The cardholder won’t be liable for any fraudulent transactions made on a lost card if the loss is reported to the bank in a timely manner.
Fees & Charges
Spend based Waiver
The joining fee is waived on spending Rs. 5,000 within 45 days of card setup & the renewal fee is waived off on spending Rs. 1,00,000 in the previous year.
Rewards Redemption Fee
Rewards Redemption Fee
Foreign Currency Markup
3.5% on all foreign currency transactions
3.4% per month ( 40.80 per annum)
A 1% fuel surcharge waiver on purchasing fuel worth between Rs. 400 – Rs. 4000 at all petrol pumps across India.
Cash Advance Charge
2.50% subject to a minimum charge of Rs. 500
Add-on Card Fee
As a welcome benefit, you get 100 Edge Reward points on your first online transaction with the Axis Bank Platinum Credit Card.
Axis Bank Platinum Credit Card Rewards
- You earn 6 Edge Reward Points on every domestic spend of Rs. 200.
- You earn 12 Edge Reward Points on every international spend of Rs. 200.
- You don’t earn any reward points on movie-related transactions.
- The accumulated EDGE REWARD points can be redeemed against purchasing vouchers, mobile & accessories, home & decor, and much more exciting offers.
- 1 Edge Reward Point = Re. 0.20
- You can convert also your edge points against InterMiles and Club Vistara points.
Movie and Dining:
- You get a cashback of 25% on movie tickets with a maximum cap of Rs. 1,000 per calendar year.
- You get a minimum of 15% discount on dining at partnered restaurants in India.
Fuel Surcharge Waiver
- 1% fuel surcharge is waived off at all fuel stations for fuel transactions between Rs. 400 and Rs. 4,000.
- The maximum benefit through fuel surcharge waiver is capped at Rs. 400 per month for this card.
Spend-based Joining & Renewal Fee Waiver
- The joining fee of Rs. 500 is waived off if you spend Rs. 5,000 or more within 45 days from the card activation date.
- The renewal fee of Rs. 200 is waived off if you spend Rs. 1 lakh or more in the previous year.
The Axis Bank Platinum Credit Card is best suited for people who are just entering the world of credit cards. Being an entry-level card, it comes with exclusive rewards and discount offers on movies, dining, and several other categories. It provides you with 2x reward points on all international transactions made using the card. So, along with availing of all the great benefits, you can save a lot using the Axis Bank Platinum Credit Card either in the form of reward points or in the form of cashback or discount. If you are looking for a credit card to start your credit journey, this card would be a great choice. Also, if you have any further doubts regarding the card’s features and fees & charges, feel free to ask in the comment section below.
Both the annual and joining of this card is Rs. 500 each.
3.40% p.m. is levied as interest on this card.
The foreign currency mark-up charges on this card are 3.50%.
You can redeem your edge reward points for purchasing, vouchers, home & decor, gadgets, appliances, etc. You can also convert your points into AirMiles like InterMiles & Club Vistara. 5 edge points are equivalent to 1 InterMile/Club Vistara.
You will receive the joining fee back on spending Rs. 5000 within 45 days of card setup.