Like all the other major card issuers, Axis Bank also provides its customers with an add-on card facility. If you don’t know what an add-on credit card is, it is a secondary credit card issued under a primary credit card on the basis of the primary cardholder’s income and credit score. Those who find it difficult to start their credit journey due to a lack of credit history can easily start by getting an add-on credit card under their family members. Axis Bank is among the most popular card issuers and hence many people prefer having Axis Bank Credit Cards and supplementary cards as well. If you have also received a new Axis Bank add-on credit card and trying to generate its PIN, this article will help you understand different methods to activate an Axis Bank add-on Credit Card. Keep reading more information:
How To Activate Axis Bank Add-On Credit Cards?
After getting your Axis Bank add-on Credit Card, you will first need to activate it by generating its PIN. There are various online and offline ways to generate the PIN of Axis Bank supplementary Credit Cards. Some of the most significant methods are given below and you can use any of them as per your comfort:
Online Methods of PIN Generation
Most people prefer online methods for their banking-related tasks nowadays as these methods save time as well as effort. If you are also looking for different online ways to generate the PIN of Axis Bank supplementary credit cards, refer to the following points thoroughly:
Via Internet Banking
Internet Banking is one of the best ways to get any banking-related tasks nowadays. Axis Bank also provides you with an internet banking facility and you can do almost everything related to your credit card from the comfort of your home. To generate the PIN of an add-on Credit Card, you can follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Login to your Axis Bank’s internet banking account (primary cardholder’s account).
- Under the section ‘Accounts,’ choose the option My Credit Card.
- Find the option of managing add-on Credit Cards from the main menu.
- Follow the necessary steps and enter the 4-digit PIN that you want to set for your add-on card.
- Confirm and proceed further accordingly.
By Contacting Customer Care
If you find it difficult to set your Axis Bank add-on credit card PIN via internet banking, you can also do it easily by contacting the bank’s customer care. Call Axis Bank Credit Card customer care at 1860-419-5555 from your registered mobile number and request the bank officials to help you with the PIN generation of your add-on credit card. They might ask you for a few details and then for verification, an OTP will be sent to your registered mobile number. Once you verify it, the PIN of your credit card will be set in a few seconds.
Through Axis Bank Mobile App
Like internet banking, managing credit cards is a very easy task with the Axis Bank mobile app as well. If you have got an add-on credit card and want to generate its PIN online via the mobile app, you can simply do it by following the below-mentioned steps:
- Login to Axis Bank’s mobile app.
- From the main menu, select the option ‘Banking’ and then ‘Credit Cards.’
- Find an option of ‘Add On Cards.’
- Then, you will see an option to set/reset the PIN of the add-on cards.
- Click on that option and proceed further accordingly.
If you are not much of an online person, you might be looking for an offline way to generate the PIN of your add-on credit card. It can also be done offline in the following ways:
Via Axis Bank ATM
Activating a credit card through ATM is the most traditional as well as an easy way to generate the PIN of a credit card. If you don’t prefer online methods, you can activate your Axis Bank add-on Credit Card simply by following the below-mentioned steps:
- Visit any Axis Bank ATM near you.
- Insert your credit card into it.
- From the main menu, find an option to Set Credit Card PIN.
- Click on that and start the process.
- You will be sent an OTP on the registered mobile number for verification.
- Enter the OTP and submit.
- Now, enter the 4-digit PIN that you want to set, re-enter it and confirm.
If you still find it difficult to follow any of the above-mentioned methods, you can visit your nearest Axis Bank branch and request the bank officials to help you out with the same. They will guide on you and help you explain detailed steps for PIN generation of add-on credit cards.
Axis Bank Add-On Credit Cards PIN Change
Once you generate the PIN, the task doesn’t end as you should change the PIN of your credit card from time to time. It is advisable not to keep the same credit card PIN for a long time as it increases the chances of fraudulent transactions on your credit card. You can easily change the PIN of your credit card using any of the following methods:
- Log in to your internet banking account and follow similar steps as required for PIN generation. Just select the option ‘Reset PIN’ instead of ‘Set PIN’ this time and proceed further accordingly.
- Another easy way to get your Axis Bank add-on Credit Card PIN changed is to contact customer care from your registered mobile number. They will verify your details and will definitely help you out with the process.
- You can also change your add-on credit card PIN via Axis Bank’s mobile app by following the similar steps that are required for PIN generation.
- If you want to change your credit card offline, you can simply do it via an Axis Bank ATM near you. Just find an option to reset/change your credit card PIN from the main menu and proceed further as required.
Generating/Changing a credit card PIN is not at all a difficult task now as there are a number of online as well as offline ways to do it. The most important thing that you need to keep in mind is to change your credit card PIN from time to time in order to reduce the risk of fraud on your credit card. We hope that this article has helped you in understanding different ways of Axis Bank add-on credit card PIN generation/change. In case of any further assistance, you can contact Axis Bank customer care on their 24*7 customer helpline number.
Yes, you can easily activate your Axis Bank add-on Credit Card offline through any Axis Bank ATM nearest to you.
For assistance regarding your Axis Bank add-on Credit Card PIN generation, you can contact the bank’s customer care at 1860-419-5555.
Yes, there is no annual fee/joining fee chargeable for Axis Bank add-on credit cards.