The Airtel Axis Bank Credit Card is a recently launched co-branded card offered by Axis Bank in partnership with the famous telecom services provider company, Bharti Airtel. Targeted at individuals who use most Airtel services, it comes with an affordable annual fee of Rs. 500 only and welcomes its customers with an exclusive Amazon gift voucher. It is a cashback credit card and earns you up to 25% cashback on Airtel Mobile, DTH, broadband bill payments via the Airtel Thanks app, 10% cashback on water, gas, and other utility bill spends via the Airtel Thanks app and 10% cashback on partner merchants. The redemption also becomes hassle-free as the earned cashback is automatically credited to your account.
Not only this, but you also get complimentary airport lounge access at selected airport lounges in India. Other benefits of the Airtel Axis Bank Credit Card include up to 20% discount on dining across several participating restaurants, a 1% fuel surcharge waiver and a spend-based waiver of the annual membership fee.
To know all about its benefits, advantages, and fees & charges in detail, keep reading our Airtel Axis Bank credit card review:
Airtel Axis Bank Credit Card
Best Suited For
Movie & Dining
Up to 20% off on dining across 4000+ participating restaurants.
25% cashback on Airtel Mobile, Broadband, WiFi, and DTH recharges, 10% cashback on utility bill payments via the Airtel Thanks app, 10% cashback on Swiggy, Zomato and BigBasket, and 1% cashback on other spends.
Direct cashback to the credit card statement.
Complimentary domestic lounge access.
Domestic Lounge Access
4 complimentary domestic lounge access every year.
International Lounge Access
Zero Liability Protection
You will not be liable for any fraudulent transactions made on a lost/stolen card if the loss is reported to the bank in a timely manner.
Spend Based Waiver
The annual fee is waived off on spending Rs. 2 lakhs or more in the previous year.
Rewards Redemption Fee
Rewards Redemption Fee
Foreign Currency Markup
3.5% of the total transaction amount.
3.6% per month
1% fuel surcharge waiver on all transactions between Rs. 400 and Rs. 4,000.
Cash Advance Charges
2.5% of the withdrawn amount or Rs. 500 (whichever is higher)
Add-on Card Fee
- Amazon gift voucher worth Rs. 500 as a welcome benefit.
- Up to 25% cashback on Airtel Mobile, broadband, and DTH bill spends via the Airtel Thanks app.
- 10% cashback on gas, electricity, and water bill payments via the Airtel Thanks app.
- 10% cashback on Swiggy, Zomato, and BigBasket
- 1% cashback on all other retail spends using the Airtel Axis Bank Credit Card.
- 4 complimentary domestic lounge access every year.
- 1% fuel surcharge waiver.
- Spend-based waiver of the annual fee.
- You would get 25% exclusive cashback on Airtel Mobile, WiFi, Broadband and DTH services.
- Additionally, you will receive a 1% cashback on all other purchases.
- Airtel Axis Bank Credit Card has an easy application process, and the card is usually delivered between 7 to 10 days.
- With the Airtel Axis Bank Credit Card, you have access to domestic lounges, but not international lounges.
- This card is handy for those who make payments for bills and utilities via Airtel. Users who use platforms like Amazon Pay or Google Pay cannot benefit from it greatly.
Airtel Axis Bank Credit Card Features and Benefits
The Airtel Axis Bank Credit Card offers some great benefits, including a complimentary gift voucher as a welcome gift, up to 25% cashback on Airtel and utility bill payments via the Airtel Thanks app, complimentary airport lounge access, etc. To understand all the features and benefits of this card in detail, refer to the following points:
- You get an Amazon gift voucher worth Rs. 500 as a welcome gift on making your first transaction within the first 30 days of card issuance.
- You get 25% cashback on Airtel mobile, DTH, WiFi, and broadband recharge via the Airtel Thanks app. The cashback under this category is capped at Rs. 300 per month.
- You get 10% cashback on utility bill payments (capped at Rs. 300 per month) via the Airtel Thanks app.
- You get 10% cashback on partner brands, including Swiggy, Big Basket, and Zomato. the cashback under this category is capped at Rs. 500 per month.
- You get 1% cashback on all other retail spends.
- No cashback is earned on fuel purchases, EMI transactions, cash withdrawals, rent payments, wallet reloads, payment of credit card fees & charges, etc.
You get a discount of up to 20% at over 4000+ participating restaurants across the country under the Axis Bank’s Dining Delights Program.
You get 4 complimentary domestic lounge access every year with the Airtel Axis Bank Credit Card.
Fuel Surcharge Waiver
- You get a 1% fuel surcharge waiver on all fuel transactions between Rs. 400 and Rs. 4,000.
- The maximum waiver is capped at Rs. 500 per month.
The annual fee of Rs. 500 is waived off (second year onwards) if you have spent Rs. 2 lakhs or more in the previous anniversary year.
Airtel Axis Bank Credit Card Eligibility Criteria & Documentation
If you want to get the Airtel Axis Bank Credit Card, you need to make sure that you fulfill the following eligibility criteria that are required in order to get approved for this credit card. However, the bank may have some internal criteria as well.
- The age of the applicant should be between 18 years and 70 years.
- The applicant should have a stable source of income.
- The applicant should be a resident of India.
The following is the list of documents that are required in order to apply for the Airtel Axis Bank Card:
- Identity Proof: Aadhar Card, Driving License, Passport, PAN Card, or Voter’s Id.
- Residential Proof: Aadhar Card, Voter’s Id, Passport, Driving License, etc.
- Income Proof: Latest bank statements/latest salary slips/latest ITR/Form 16.
- Colored photograph.
How To Apply For The Airtel Axis Bank Credit Card?
Click here to apply for the Airtel Axis Bank Credit Card or-
- If you want to apply online, download the Airtel Thanks app and apply for the card from the app.
- Simply go to Shop > Financial Services > Apply Now
Airtel Axis Bank Credit Card Limit
The limit for your Airtel Axis Bank Credit Card varies based on your credit history, payment history, and credit score. The maximum limit is Rs. 5,00,000.
Airtel Axis Bank Credit Card Review
The Airtel Axis Bank Credit Card is an excellent choice for people who are loyal to Airtel and use most of its services. The reward rate of up to 25% is a fantastic feature of the card, as it lets you save a lot on your spends. Not only this but with a very nominal annual fee, you are also getting an opportunity to make your travel experiences extra luxurious with complimentary airport lounge access.
The card seems to be one of the most rewarding co-branded cards issued by Axis Bank, just like the Flipkart Axis Bank Credit Card, which is among the most sought-after credit cards in the Indian market today. If you are someone who uses any or all of these Airtel services, consider the Airtel Axis bank Credit Card to save more every time you spend.
In case of any further doubts regarding this new offering by the bank, make sure to ask us in the comment section below!