Being a major credit card issuer as well as a card network, American Express provides its customers with great products and services. Individuals can apply for AmEx credit cards online as well offline as per their comfort and they can also check their application status anytime to be updated about the progress in their application. However, after the restriction imposed by the RBI on Amex, it has stopped taking new applications from 1st May 2021, we expect that the issue will be resolved soon and the card issuer will start onboarding new customers. You do not get the online channels to check your application status, but you can use offline channels to know the status of your Amex Credit Card application. To know more about how you can check American Express Credit Card application status, keep reading the article:
How To Check AmEx Credit Card Application Status?
Like other major credit card issuers, American Express doesn’t have a separate page to track a credit card application status. So, the AmEx Credit Card applicants can not check the status of their application online, but they can still do it using several offline methods, a few of which are as follows:
- By Visiting the branch
- By Contacting Customer Care
By Visiting The Branch
You can visit your nearest bank branch and ask the officials about your American Express credit card status. You will have to provide them with a few details and some important documents like Identity Proof, PAN Card, etc, so make sure to carry all these things with you. Just provide them with all the details and you will get updated on your American Express credit card status in a few minutes after that.
By Contacting Customer Care
The applicants can check their credit card status by contacting American Express Credit Card customer care. Call on the 24×7 customer care numbers 1800-419-3646 or +91124-2801800 and wait to connect with the customer executive. On connecting with the executive request to share the credit card application status, you will need to provide certain details like application registration number or form number so that the executive can help you in the best possible way. If you are unsatisfied with the response from the customer care executive then get in touch via writing a mail to [email protected]
Status of Amex Credit Card Application
On visiting the branch or contacting customer care, you can get different application statuses at different times. To help you understand all of these, we have explained all the possible statuses as follows:
- On-Hold: The bank will notify you of the on-hold status when your credit card application lacks some useful information or documents verification is not successful. The card issuer company will ask you to furnish the required information at this stage.
- In-Progress: This status will be notified if your credit card application is still being processed.
- Approved: When the credit card issuer American Express accepts your credit card application, the executive will notify the approved status.
- Disapproved: Amex can reject your credit card application on various actors. On rejection of the application, the disapproved status will be notified to you.
- Dispatched: Once your application is approved, Amex will send your credit card through post and will notify you the same through SMS. Amex will send you the shipment tracking details to your registered mobile number. You can check the same on the courier website using Airway Bill.
No, as per the directives issued by the Reserve Bank of India on 23rd April 2021, the RBI has restricted American Express to issue new credit cards to the applicants from 1st May 2021.
No, the online application tracking page has been taken off from the American Express Official website. You can only check the status via visiting the nearest Amex office or by contacting the customer care support.
Amex can reject your credit card application on various grounds. They can be not fulfilling the eligibility requirement, bad credit score, multiple applications, wrong address, and many more.
You need to maintain a gap of 3 months between two applications. Wait for 3 months from the date of application rejection and apply a fresh application again.