The applicant can apply for an Amex credit card online and can check the status of their application. However, after the restriction imposed by the RBI on Amex, it has stopped taking new applications from 1st May 2021. You do not get the online channels to check your application status, but you can use offline channels to know the status of your Amex Credit Card application. Keep reading to know how you can check the application status through offline channels.
Check your Amex credit card application status through an offline channel
You can check your credit card application via two ways:
- Visiting the branch
- Phone banking
Check application status via visiting the bank branch
To know your Amex credit card application status you can always visit the Amex branch. Kindly keep your application registration number or application form number with you while visiting the branch. The executive will ask you to provide your application reference number and registered mobile number so that it will be easier for the executive to provide you the details of your credit card application.
Check application status via phone banking
The applicants can check their credit card by phone banking. Call on the 24×7 customer care numbers 1800-419-3646 or +91124-2801800 and wait to connect with the customer executive. On connecting with the executive request to share the credit card application status, you will need to provide certain details like application registration number or form number so that the executive can help you in the best possible way. If you are unsatisfied with the response from the customer care executive then get in touch via writing a mail to [email protected]
Status of Amex Credit Card Application
On visiting the branch or contacting the customer care the possible statuses that you can receive are;
- On-Hold: The bank will notify you of the on-hold status when your credit card application lacks some useful information or documents verification is not successful. The card issuer company will ask you to furnish the required information at this stage.
- In-Progress: This status will be notified if your credit card application is still being processed.
- Approved: When the credit card issuer American Express accepts your credit card application, the executive will notify the approved status.
- Disapproved: Amex can reject your credit card application on various actors. On rejection of the application, the disapproved status will be notified to you.
- Dispatched: Once your application is approved, Amex will send your credit card through post and will notify you the same through SMS. Amex will send you the shipment tracking details to your registered mobile number. You can check the same on the courier website using Airway Bill.
No, as per the directives issued by the Reserve Bank of India on 23rd April 2021, the RBI has restricted American Express to issue new credit cards to the applicants from 1st May 2021.
No, the online application tracking page has been taken off from the American Express Official website. You can only check the status via visiting the nearest Amex office or by contacting the customer care support.
Amex can reject your credit card application on various grounds. They can be not fulfilling the eligibility requirement, bad credit score, multiple applications, wrong address, and many more.
You need to maintain a gap of 3 months between two applications. Wait for 3 months from the date of application rejection and apply a fresh application again.