American Express, being a credit card issuer as well as a card network, offers exclusive credit card services. Along with offering a wide range of premium as well as basic credit cards, AmEx also provides its customers with an option to get supplementary credit cards under the primary cards. People who find it difficult to get approved for primary credit cards, can start their credit journey by getting add-on credit cards under their family members. After receiving your AmEx add-on credit card, the first thing you will need to do is to activate your credit card. In this article, we are going to discuss various methods for American Express Add-On Credit Cards PIN Generation/Change:
How To Activate AmEx Add-On Credit Cards?
You must activate your credit card as soon as you receive it because your card can get closed if you don’t activate it within a few weeks after issuance. There are multiple methods that you can use to activate your AmEx Add-On Credit Card or to generate its PIN. You can do it via internet banking, AmEx mobile app, customer care, and several other ways. You can use any of the following methods at your convenience:
Internet Banking is one of the easiest ways to get all the banking and credit card-related services done at convenience. You can also activate your AmEx add-on Credit Card just in a few seconds with internet banking. It can be done by following a few steps as mentioned below:
- Visit the American Express internet banking portal and log in using your valid Id & password (primary cardholder’s account).
- Under the ‘Card management’ tab, find the option Credit Card PIN.
- Now choose the add-on card for which you want to generate the PIN.
- Follow all the instructions given on your screen carefully.
- Enter a 4-digit PIN and re-enter it to confirm.
By Contacting AmEx Credit Card Customer Care
You can also activate your American Express Add-On Credit Card by contacting AmEx Credit Card Customer Care through IVR. Just dial 1800-419-2122 from your registered mobile number and get in touch with a customer care executive. Ask the bank officials to help you with your credit card PIN generation and follow all the instructions given by them carefully. You might also be asked for an OTP on your registered mobile number for verification and then they will help you activate your card successfully.
Through AmEx Mobile App
Just like internet banking, you can also generate the PIN of your credit card in a few seconds using the American Express mobile app. You can do it simply by following the below-mentioned steps:
- Download the American Express mobile app.
- Log in to your account with your user ID and password.
- Under the ‘Account’ tab, click on the option ‘Manage Card PIN.’
- Select the card for which you want to generate the PIN and proceed further accordingly.
AmEx Add-On Credit Cards PIN Change
There are various methods for changing your credit card PIN as well. You can do it online as well as offline at your convenience using any of the methods mentioned below:
- You can change your credit card PIN via your AmEx internet banking account. Follow the similar steps that are required in PIN generation and find an option to reset/change AmEx add-on Credit Card PIN.
- Another easy way to do it is through the AmEx mobile app. Just log in to your account an under the ‘Manage Card’ option, you can easily find an option to change credit card PIN.
- The PIN for AmEx add-on credit cards can also be changed with the help you AmEx Credit Card customer care. Just contact them and request them to help you with the PIN-changing process.
Generating your AmEx add-on Credit Card PIN is an easy task and can be done within a few minutes. You should follow all the above-mentioned steps carefully and set a PIN that is not very easy to guess for fraudsters. Moreover, you must change the PIN of your add-on credit card from time to time so that others don’t misuse it. You can always contact the AmEx Credit Card customer care in case of any queries.
Yes, you can easily activate your AmEx add-on Credit Card via the American Express mobile app.
The minimum age required for AmEx add-on credit cards is 18 years.