Food delivery startup Zomato jumped on the bandwagon with the likes of Amazon, Flipkart, and BookMyShow and entered the fintech space in March last year when it collaborated with the RBL Bank and MasterCard to launch two credit cards- the RBL Edition and the Edition Classic cards, that offer exclusive dining benefits to Zomato users. The Edition card is the more premium version of the Edition Classic card. With the Zomato Edition Classic credit card, you get a complimentary annual Zomato Pro membership (which renews every year) and 500 Edition Cash as a Welcome Benefit.
The Edition Cash is just like Reward Points, which can be redeemed for food purchases from Zomato or against the card’s statement balance. 1 Edition Cash is equivalent to INR 1. You also earn accelerated Edition Cash on food purchases from Zomato (5x) and for other purchases (1x). Also, earn up to 2,000 bonus Edition cash annually on the basis of your yearly spending. Keep reading to know more about the benefits of the RBL Bank Zomato Edition Classic Credit Card.
Zomato Edition Classic Credit Card
Best Suited For
Movie & Dining
Complimentary annual Zomato Pro membership and accelerated reward points on dining.
5 Edition Cash per Rs. 100 spent on Zomato and Blinkit, 1 Edition Cash per Rs. 100 on all other spends.
Edition Cash is redeemable for food purchases on Zomato or against the statement balance. 1 Edition Cash = Re. 1.
Domestic Lounge Access
International Lounge Access
Zero Liability Protection
Bank is not liable for any unathoirzed usage of the card until the card is blocked.
Spend Based Waiver
Rewards Redemption Fee
Rewards Redemption Fee
Foreign Currency Markup
Up to 3.5% (plus applicable taxes)
3.99% per month (or 47.88% annually)
1% fuel surcharge levied on all fuel purchases, subject to a minimum charge of Rs. 10 (fuel surcharge waived for select cardholders for transactions between Rs. 500 & Rs. 4,000)
Cash Advance Charges
2.5% of the withdrawn amount (minimum charge of Rs. 500)
Add-on Card Fee
- 500 Edition Cash as a welcome benefit.
- Complimentary Annual Zomato Pro membership which renews every time your card membership is renewed.
- Reward Points as Edition Cash redeemable on Zomato app/website or against the card’s statement balance.
- 5 Edition Cash per Rs. 100 spent on Zomato app/website and Blinkit.
- 1 Edition Cash on all other spends of Rs. 100.
- 2,000 bonus Edition Cash annually on achieving the milestone spend.
RBL Zomato Edition Classic Credit Card Welcome Benefits:
- You get 500 Edition Cash as a welcome benefit on joining the card membership. The Edition cash is credited instantly to your account at the time of card issuance.
- You get complimentary Zomato Pro membership which is renewed every time on card renewal.
Zomato Edition Classic Credit Card Rewards:
- 5 Edition Cash per Rs. 100 spent on food purchases from the Zomato app/website and Blinkit. (capped 500 Edition cash daily)
- 1 Edition Cash on Rs. 100 for all other spends.
- You can use the Zomato app to check/redeem your Edition Cash and to monitor all your credit card transactions.
- The Edition Cash earned on the Edition Classic credit card are redeemable for food purchases on Zomato or against your credit card’s statement balance (i.e. to pay your card bills).
- The rate of redemption is 1 Edition Cash = INR 1.
You get 2,000 Edition Cash on spending Rs. 2,00,000 in an anniversary year (anniversary year is the year starting from the date of issuance/renewal of the card).
Fuel Surcharge Waiver
The 1% fuel surcharge waiver for transactions between Rs. 500 and Rs. 4,000 at all fuel stations.
How to apply for the RBL Zomato Edition Classic Credit Card:
You can apply for the Zomato Edition Classic Credit Card by RBL Bank on the Zomato app and complete the KYC process online by submitting soft copies of the required documents. You get a virtual version of the credit card instantly and it is paired with your Zomato account.
RBL Bank Customer Care:
For any queries related to credit cards contact RBL’s customer care. You can dial 1800 121 9050 (toll-free) or +91 22 6115 6300 (24×7 helpline) from your registered mobile number; also, you can mail them at [email protected].
Considering the dining benefits offered with the card (particularly on Zomato), it is definitely one of the best credit cards available in the market for anyone who frequently orders food online. So, if you’re a foodie, you can never go wrong with this card. Do share your opinion of the card in the comments below. Existing cardholders do share their experience.