Do you love to go to the movies? If yes, the RBL Bank Popcorn credit card is for you. The card offers exclusive spend-based movie benefits. As a welcome benefit, you get access to 4 free movie tickets (up to Rs. 1000) at Bookmyshow. Not only this, get 2 free movie tickets every month if you spend Rs. 5,000 in a billing month, which is not at all a huge amount to spend in a month. It also provides its customers with exciting weekly cashback offers. On spending Rs. 2,500 in a week, you get assured cashback of Rs. 25 by following a few simple steps for the redemption process.
It has several benefits other than those mentioned above. The card carries a nominal annual fee of Rs. 1,000 and will help you a lot to save more. To get complete information about the RBL Bank Popcorn credit card, its benefits and fee, and charges on the card, read the details given below:
RBL Bank Popcorn Credit Card
Best Suited For
Movie & Dining
An opportunity to earn 2 free movie tickets every month.
2 free movie tickets on spending Rs. 5,000 in a month.
The welcome/monthly offer can be redeemed by booking movie tickets through Bookmyshow and redeem weekly cashback by scanning the QR code at the back of the card.
Domestic Lounge Access
International Lounge Access
Zero Liability Protection
The cardholder is not liable for any unauthorized transactions done on the card after the report of the same has been provided to the bank.
Spend Based Waiver
Rewards Redemption Fee
Rs. 99 + GST
Rewards Redemption Fee
Rs. 99 + GST
Foreign Currency Markup
Up to 3.5% on all foreign currency spends
Up to 3.99% per month
1% fuel surcharge or subject to a minimum of Rs. 10 on all transactions between Rs. 500 and Rs. 4,000 (Maximum benefit of Rs. 100 in a month).
Cash Advance Charges
2.5% of the amount withdrawn or Rs. 300 (whichever is higher)
Add-on Card Fee
- 4 complimentary movie tickets up to Rs. 1000 on Bookmyshow as a welcome gift.
- Get 2 free movie tickets every month on spending over Rs. 5,000 in a billing month.
- Assured weekly cashback of Rs. 25 on spending if you spend Rs. 2,500 in a week.
- 1% waiver on fuel surcharge applicable on fuel transactions.
RBL Bank Popcorn Credit Card Features and Benefits
The Popcorn Credit Card issued by the RBL Bank is targeted at people who love watching movies. It comes with a range of exclusive privileges providing benefits in various categories. Following are the most important benefits and the features of the Popcorn card by RBL:
The RBL Popcorn Credit Card carries a welcome benefit of 4 free movie tickets (up to Rs. 1000) at Bookmyshow.
- You get a maximum discount of Rs 1,000 subject to a maximum limit of 4 tickets.
- You can redeem this offer on a minimum of 2 ticket bookings.
- Make your first purchase within thirty days of card issuance along with the membership fee to avail of the offer.
Fuel Surcharge Waiver
Get a 1% waiver on the fuel surcharge for all fuel transactions between Rs. 500 and Rs. 4000. The maximum waiver is of up to Rs 100 every month.
RBL Bank Popcorn Credit Card Rewards:
- On spending Rs. 5,000 in a billing month, you get 2 free movie tickets through Bookmyshow, which must be used in a single transaction. The discount value will be either two movie tickets or Rs. 500 (whichever is lower).
- On spending Rs. 2,500 in a week, you get assured cashback of Rs. 25.
- The weekly cash back you earn can be redeemed by following these simple steps:
– Scan QR code at the back of your card.
– Enter your mobile number.
– Enter the last 4 digits of your RBL Bank Popcorn credit card.
– Enter the OTP you received on the registered contact number.
– The cashback will be credited within 2 days after the successful redemption process.
The welcome and monthly offer can be redeemed by booking movie tickets via Bookmyshow. Here are the steps to redeem your tickets:
– Select movies and sets.
– Proceed to pay.
– Select ‘Unlock offers or applies promo codes.’
– Select ‘avail offers.’
– Now, select whatever option you want to redeem, i.e, ‘RBL Bank Monthly offer’ or ‘RBL Bank Welcome offer.’
RBL Popcorn Credit Card Fees and Charges
Following are the important fees and charges that you must know about the RBL Bank Popcorn Credit Card:
- Annual Fee: RBL Bank charges Rs. 1,000 (plus applicable taxes) as the joining fees and annual fee.
- Interest Rate: An interest rate of 3.99% per month is applicable on the due amount.
- Cash Advance Fee: The Bank charges a cash withdrawal fee of 2.5% of the withdrawn amount (subject to a minimum fee of Rs. 300) on cash withdrawals with the card from ATMs.
- Forex Mark-up Fee: A foreign currency mark-up fee of 3.5% of the transaction amount is applicable on all foreign currency transactions made with the popcorn card.
RBL Bank Popcorn Credit Card Eligibility Criteria
Following are the eligibility criteria that is required to be fulfilled to be eligible for the RBL Popcorn card:
|Age||Above 21 years|
|Income||Stable income as a salaried or self-employed|
|Credit Score||Decent credit score (750 or above)|
The documents that are required to apply for the RBL Bank Popcorn Credit Card are mentioned below:
- Identity Proof: PAN Card, Driving License, Aadhar Card, Voter’s Id, Passport, etc (anyone).
- Address Proof: Ration Card, Latest months’ utility bills, Aadhar Card, Passport, etc.
- Income Proof: Latest salary slips or bank statements, or latest audited ITR.
How To Apply For RBL Popcorn Credit Card?
If you want to apply for the RBL Popcorn credit card offline, then you can do so by visiting the branch nearest to you and filling in the form along with all the documents. For online procedure, follow the steps given below:
- Visit the RBL Bank’s official website.
- Click ‘Credit Cards.’
- Select the RBL Bank Popcorn Credit Card.
- Click on Apply Now and proceed with the application.
Keeping all the above information in mind, it is clear that the RBL Bank Popcorn credit card is a good option if one goes to the movies very often. But, the benefits of the card are not only restricted to movies. You also get an assured cashback of Rs. 25 on spending Rs. 2,500 in a week, no matter where you are spending them. Moreover, as it provides 2 free movie tickets every month, and 4 free movie tickets as a welcome gift, you can save your movie spends totally through this card. Everyone wants to save, and as this card is giving you an opportunity to save on movies, on fuels (fuel surcharge waiver), and also giving you assured cashback, there is no harm in choosing the RBL Bank Popcorn credit card.
This was the RBL Popcorn Credit Card review from our side, let us know your views in the comments below. Another card that you must check is the RBL Bank Platinum Delight Credit Card.
You will not get any cashback if you don’t enter the OTP received on the registered mobile number as it will be an incomplete redemption process.
No, you need to use both tickets in a single transaction.
It is Rs. 99 + GST for the RBL Bank Popcorn credit card.
The finance charges on the RBL Bank Popcorn credit card can be up to 3.99% per month.
For the RBL Bank Popcorn credit card, the maximum fuel surcharge benefit is Rs. 100 in a month.