The BookMyShow RBL Bank Play Credit Card is a co-branded credit card issued by RBL Bank in partnership with BookMyShow. The card is majorly targeted at those who love watching movies and book all their movie/event tickets using BookMyShow. It comes with a nominal annual membership fee of Rs. 500, which is waived off if the cardholder achieves the required annual spend in an anniversary year.
The card is absolutely free for the BookMyShow Super Star members. This card doesn’t offer a regular reward rate like most of the other credit cards, but it comes with a unique concept of rewards. The cardholders can earn two free movie/non-movie tickets every month by achieving the required monthly spend. Other benefits of the card include exciting welcome benefits, an easy redemption process, a fuel surcharge waiver, etc.
For more information about the BMS RBL Play Credit Card, keep reading the article:
BookMyShow RBL Bank Play Credit Card
Best Suited For
Movie & Dining
Get 2 complimentary movie/non-movie tickets (worth up to Rs. 250 each) every month on spending a minimum of Rs. 5,000 in a month.
The earned discount/free tickets can easily be redeemed on the BookMyShow app/official website.
Domestic Lounge Access
International Lounge Access
Zero Liability Protection
The cardholder is not considered liable for any fraudulent transactions made on a lost/stolen card if the loss of the card is reported lost to the bank in a timely manner.
Spend Based Waiver
The annual fee is waived on spending Rs. 1.5 lakhs or more in the previous year.
Rewards Redemption Fee
Rs. 99 + taxes
Rewards Redemption Fee
Rs. 99 + taxes
Foreign Currency Markup
3.5% of the total transaction amount
3.99% per month
1% fuel surcharge waiver on all fuel purchases
Cash Advance Charges
2.5% of the cash amount subject to a minimum of Rs. 500
Add-on Card Fee
- Get a discount of Rs. 500 on movies, streams, events, etc, on BookMyShow as a welcome benefit.
- Get 2 free movie/non-movie tickets every month on achieving the required monthly spend.
- Get flat Rs. 100 off on F&B items on booking movie tickets via BookMyShow.
- Spend-based waiver of the annual membership fee.
- Get a fuel surcharge waiver on all fuel transactions.
BookMyShow RBL Play Credit Card Features and Benefits
The BMS RBL Bank Play Credit Card comes with several privileges, most of which are targeted at movie lovers. You can check all the features and benefits of this card below:
- The cardholders get a discount of Rs. 500 on all movie, event, streams, or other non-movie ticket bookings via BookMyShow as a welcome benefit.
- To be eligible for this welcome offer, the cardholders need to make at least one transaction within the first 30 days from the card issuance date.
- The discount voucher will be valid for three months from the accumulation date.
Free Monthly Movie Tickets:
- The cardholders get two complimentary movie tickets (worth up to Rs. 250) every month on spending Rs. 5,000 or more in a month.
- The discount/free tickets will be valid for one month.
- The offer is applicable to a booking of a minimum of two movie/non-movie tickets via BookMyShow.
Redemption of Movie Tickets/Discount:
The free movie ticket or discounts earned using this card can be redeemed as follows:
- Visit the BookMyShow website/app.
- Choose your tickets and proceed further.
- On the Payments page, click on the option ‘Unlock Offers or Apply Promocodes.’
- Under ‘All Offers,’ select the Credit/Debit card/net banking option.
- Choose the “Play credit Card – Monthly offer.” (Choose the RBL Play Credit Card welcome offer to redeem the welcome discount).
- Enter all the required details.
The offer will be applied to your ticket amount, and it will be adjusted accordingly.
Food and Beverages:
Get a discount of Rs. 100 on all food and beverage items on booking your movie/event tickets using the BMS RBL Bank Play Credit Card.
Fuel Surcharge Waiver:
You get a 1% fuel surcharge waiver on all fuel transactions between Rs. 500 and Rs. 4,000. The maximum waiver per month is capped at Rs. 100.
Spend Based Waiver:
The annual fee of Rs. 500 is waived on spending a minimum of Rs. 1.5 lakhs or more in the previous year.
BMS RBL Bank Play Credit Card Fees and Charges:
All the essential fees and charges associated with the BookMyShow RBL Bank Play Credit Card are mentioned below:
- The annual fee of the BMS RBL Play Credit Card is Rs. 500, which is waived if a cardholder has spent Rs. 1.5 lakhs or more in the previous anniversary year. However, it is absolutely free for BMS SuperStar members.
- The interest rate on this credit card can go up to 3.99% per month.
- The foreign currency markup fee on the BookMyShow RBL Play Credit Card is 3.5% of the total amount spent in a foreign currency.
- The cash advance fee on this credit card is 2.5% of the cash amount, subject to a minimum of Rs. 500.
BookMyShow RBL Play Credit Card Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility requirements that you need to fulfil in order to get approved for the BMS RBL Play Credit Card are mentioned below:
- The age of the applicants should be at least 21 years, and that of supplementary card applicants should be a minimum of 18 years.
- The applicants should either be self-employed or salaried with a stable source of income.
- The applicants should have a stable source of income.
The documents that are required to apply for the BookMyShow RBL Play Credit Card are mentioned below:
- Identity Proof: PAN Card.
- Address Proof: Ration Card, Latest months’ electricity/water/telephone bills, Aadhar Card, Passport, etc.
- Income Proof: Latest months’ bank statements or salary slips, or latest audited ITR.
How To Apply For BookMyShow RBL PLAY Credit Card?
If you want to apply for the RBL Bank BMS Play credit card offline, you can easily do it by visiting your nearest RBL branch. Just make sure that you carry all the necessary documents along with you. For online application, follow the steps given below:
- Click on “Apply Now” and proceed further by filling in all the required details carefully.
BookMyShow RBL Bank Play Credit Card Review
The BookMyShow RBL Bank Play Credit Card is definitely an excellent option for those who go to movies very often. This card offers free movie tickets every month, and hence, one can avoid their movie spends totally by using this credit card. Moreover, you also get a discount on F&B items, which gives a plus to this card. The RBL Bank also offers the Popcorn Credit card with similar benefits, but it comes with a slightly higher annual fee compared to the Play Credit Card. Therefore, if you want to have an affordable card to save more and more on your entertainment-related spends, you should undoubtedly apply for the BMS RBL Bank Play Credit Card.
No, the BookMyShow RBL Play Credit Card is not lifetime free for everyone, but it comes with an annual fee of Rs. 500, which is waived off on spending Rs. 1.5 lakhs or more in the previous year.
It is lifetime free for BookMyShow Super Star members.
The BMS RBL Play Credit Card doesn’t offer a regular reward rate on all your spends. As it is movie-based, you get 2 free movie tickets every month on spending Rs. 5,000 or more in a month.
The minimum eligible age to apply for this credit card is 21 years.
The interest rate on the BMS RBL Play Credit Card is 3.99% per month.