Forex Cards have also become a major requirement for international travellers these days, as these cards allow them to make hassle-free purchases in different countries. Along with all the major card issuers, ICICI Bank also offers some great forex cards, and the ICICI Bank Student Forex Prepaid Card is one of them. It is an excellent option for those who are travelling abroad for studies as it offers great features, keeping students’ requirements in mind. The card comes with an affordable joining fee of Rs. 499, and a renewal fee of Rs. 199 is chargeable from the second year of membership. To give a great start to your journey with this card, the card offers welcome benefits worth Rs. 5,000, including ISIC membership and some discount vouchers across different brands.
Apart from this, the card supports multiple currencies, so you can not just use it in a particular country but across different countries. The bank also offers a card liability protection cover worth up to Rs. 5 lakhs to save you from any fraudulent transactions. For further information about this card, including all its features and fees & charges associated with it, continue reading the article.
ICICI Bank Student Forex Prepaid Card
Best Suited For
Movie & Dining
Domestic Lounge Access
International Lounge Access
Get a card liability cover worth Rs. 5 lakhs and a card protection plus cover worth Rs. 1,600.
Zero Liability Protection
The cardholders get a zero liability protection against a lost/stolen card if the loss is reported to the bank in a timely manner.
Spend Based Waiver
Rewards Redemption Fee
Rewards Redemption Fee
Foreign Currency Markup
Cross currency markup fee of 3.5%
Cash Advance Charges
USD 2 (or equivalent value of other currencies)
Add-on Card Fee
- Get a complimentary ISIC membership as a welcome benefit.
- Get exciting deals and discounts on international travel-related spends.
- 40% discount on excess baggage and 20% discount on DHL courier services.
- Get card protection plus insurance cover worth Rs. 1,500.
- Get lost card liability cover worth up to Rs. 5 lakhs.
ICICI Bank Student Forex Prepaid Card Features and Benefits
The ICICI Bank is among the top card issuers in the country, and hence, the forex cards offered by the bank are also trusted by individuals. The Student Forex Prepaid Card by ICICI Bank is among the best student cards in India. It comes with an affordable membership fee and provides several benefits, as mentioned below:
With the Student Forex Prepaid card offered by ICICI Bank, you get the following introductory privileges:
- Get the ISIC (International Student Identity Card) membership worth Rs. 999, for which you can register as follows:
– Visit the official ISIC page and click on the option ‘Order Card’.
– Fill in all the required information carefully, especially the email address, as it can not be modified once entered.
– On the payment page, enter the voucher code for ISIC membership that you have received on your registered mobile number.
– Click on ‘Place Order.’
– Once all your details get verified and approved, you will receive the serial number for your ISIC Card on your registered number.
- Get a 20% discount on DHL courier services.
The cardholders get a 40% discount on excess baggage and several other travel-related deals under short-term offers that the bank keeps coming up with.
With the ICICI Student Forex Prepaid Card, you get the following insurance benefits:
- Get a card Protection Plus insurance cover worth Rs. 1,600
- Get a lost card liability cover worth Rs. 5 lakhs (applicable only if the loss is reported in a timely manner).
Keeping the travelling requirements of the students of these days in mind, the ICICI Bank Student Forex Prepaid Card supports almost all the major currencies, including USD, Euro, Canadian dollar, and several more that you can check on the bank’s website. This allows you to make purchases conveniently in different parts of the world without much hassle.
ICICI Bank Student Forex Prepaid Card Fees and Charges
There are specific fees and charges associated with the Student Forex Prepaid Card by ICICI Bank. The detailed information regarding the same is given below:
- The joining fee for this card is Rs. 499, and the renewal fee is Rs. 199.
- If you want to reload your ICICI Student Forex Prepaid Card, a reloading fee of Rs. 100 will be chargeable.
- An inactivity fee of USD 5 is also charged if the card remains unused for more than 180 days.
- There is no forex markup fee, but a cross-currency markup fee of 3.5% is applicable when you make transactions in a different currency than the one loaded on your card.
- The cash withdrawal fee of the ICICI Student Forex Card is USD 2 (or equivalent), and the maximum cash withdrawal limit is Rs. 2,000 per day.
ICICI Bank Student Forex Card Eligibility and Documents Required
Anyone travelling abroad (for study purposes) can get the Student Forex Card from ICICI bank as there are not so strict eligibility criteria to be fulfilled. But, you will have to submit certain documents while applying for this card, which is as follows:
- LRS declaration and form A2 plus an application form.
- PAN Card copy (self-attested).
- Original Passport of the applicant along with a self-attested photocopy.
- Original Aadhar Card of the applicant along with a self-attested photocopy.
- A Visa copy (self-attested) is also required).
How To Apply For The ICICI Bank Student Forex Prepaid Card?
You can apply for the Student Forex Card easily via online or offline methods. To apply online, you can use the ICICI Bank internet banking, iMobile Pay app, or you can apply via the ICICI Bank’s official website as follows:
- Visit ICICI’s website.
- Under the section ‘Cards,’ select ‘Forex/Prepaid/fastag Cards’ then ‘Forex Prepaid Cards’ and ‘Know More.’
- Scroll down and click on ‘Know More’ under the ICICI Student Forex Prepaid Card.
- Click on ‘Apply Now’ and start the application process.
ICICI Bank Student Forex Prepaid Card Review
There can not be a better option than the ICICI Bank Student Forex Card if you are planning to travel to a different country for study purposes and want an affordable Forex card for the same. It doesn’t only make it convenient for you to make international purchases, but you can also avail of several benefits that the card offers. With a very nominal membership fee, the card offers lesser but great benefits. As a cardholder, you just need to make sure that you use the card wisely in order to avoid all the unnecessary charges. Try to use your card regularly or at least once every 180 days so that you can avoid inactivity fees. Moreover, this is a great option for students travelling abroad, but if you are travelling just for a short-term trip or for any other purpose, you must check other cards, such as the ICICI Bank Forex Coral Card.
If you have any additional queries related to the ICICI Bank Student Forex Prepaid Card, make sure to let us know in the comment section below!
The joining fee for the Student Forex Prepaid Card is Rs. 499 plus applicable taxes.