If your family members are having a Citibank Credit Card and you are not getting approved for one, you don’t need to worry as you still have the option to get a Citibank Credit Card. Like all other major card issuers, Citibank also provides you with the option to get add-on credit cards under your family members’ primary accounts. Once you get approved for an add-on credit card, you will first need to activate it by generating the credit card’s PIN. In this article, we are going to discuss different online and offline ways to generate Citibank’s Add-On Credit Card PIN. Continue Reading for further information:
How To Activate Citibank Add-On Credit Cards?
After getting the Citibank Add-On Credit Card, you will have to generate your credit card PIN first. Some people prefer online methods whereas others don’t believe in doing banking-related things online. Therefore, Citibank provides you with online as well as offline methods as mentioned below:
Online Methods For PIN Generation
There are several online ways in which you can activate your Citibank Add-on Credit Card just in a few seconds. Some of the most convenient online methods for add-on card PIN generation are as follows:
Via Internet Banking
Like every other major card issuer, Citibank also provides you with the internet banking facility. You can easily activate your Citibank add-on credit card or generate its PIN via internet banking by following a few simple steps as mentioned below:
- The primary cardholder needs to log in to his/her internet banking account.
- Go to the Credit Cards option and then find an option to manage add-on/supplementary credit cards.
- Enter the 4-digit PIN for your add-on credit card and re-enter it to confirm.
- Proceed further accordingly and submit.
By Contacting Customer Care
You can also get your Citibank add-on Credit Card activated by contacting Citibank Credit Card customer care. Just call the bank officials at 1860-210-2484 and request the customer care executive to help you activate your newly received add-on credit card. They will ask you for a few details, such as the primary cardholder’s name registered mobile number, etc. Once you provide the details, an OTP might be sent to your registered mobile number for verification. Just follow the instructions given by them and your credit card will be activated within a few minutes after that.
Via The Chatbot ‘Ask Citi’
Citibank also provides you with an option to get your queries resolved by chatting. You can simply open Citibank’s official website and click on the ‘Ask Citi’ option at the bottom rightmost corner of the screen. Click ‘Add-On Credit Card PIN Generation’ and the virtual assistance ‘Ask Citi’ will guide you on how you can activate your new supplementary Credit Card. Just make sure that you provide all the required information carefully.
Some individuals don’t prefer online methods and keeping this fact in mind, Citibank also provides you with an option to activate your add-on credit card offline. Though it can be a bit more time taking, you can easily get the required task done offline as well. The following are some of the convenient offline methods for Citi Add-On Credit Card PIN Generation:
Through Citibank ATM
If you want to activate your Citibank add-on Credit Card using offline methods, you can easily do it through any Citibank ATM near you. Just follow the below-mentioned steps and the required task will be done:
- Visit any Citibank ATM near you.
- Insert your Citibank add-on Credit Card into the ATM.
- From the main menu, find an option to set Credit Card PIN.
- Follow the instructions given on the ATM screen carefully.
- Enter the 4-digit PIN, re-enter it to confirm, and proceed further.
Citibank Add-On Credit Cards PIN Change
The activation of an add-on credit card is a one-time process, but you might need to change your credit card PIN regularly. Just like PIN generation, there are so many online as well as offline ways to change the PIN of Citibank Add-On Credit Cards. The following are some of the ways to change an add-on credit card PIN:
- You can easily change your Citibank Add-On Credit Card PIN through internet banking. The PIN of the add-on credit cards can be managed by the primary cardholder’s internet banking account. Just follow the similar steps as required in PIN generation and select the option to reset/change the add-on credit card PIN.
- You can also change your Citibank Add-On Credit Card PIN by contacting customer care. Just ask the bank officials to help you change your credit card PIN or will guide you on how you can do the same. They will ask you for a few details, just provide them with the required information and your task will be done in a few seconds.
- You can also change your add-on credit card PIN through the Citibank ATM nearest to you. Just insert your credit card into the ATM and change your credit card by finding an option to do the same from the main menu.
The Add-On Credit Card PIN Generation and Activation have become an easier process as there are many convenient ways to do it online as well as offline. Just make sure that you follow all the required steps carefully. Also, you should keep a PIN that no one can guess easily and keep changing your Citi Add-On Credit Card PIN regularly in order to avoid any fraudulent transactions. If you find any difficulty, you can contact Citibank Add-On Credit Card customer care on their 24*7 helpline number.
The Citibank add-on credit cards have no annual fee associated with them.
Yes, you can activate your Citi add-on Credit offline via any ATM near you. You can easily find an option to set credit card PIN there and get the task done in a few seconds.