With exclusive benefits for doctors, the Doctor’s IMA SBI Card is the only credit card which is associated with the Indian Medical Association (IMA). The card is made to complement the rigorous lifestyle of a doctor, whether that includes travel benefits, insurance benefits, or advantages on international and medical expenditures.
The cardholders get multiple reward points on expenses related to medical supplies or overseas spending. The one-time annual fee of this card is Rs. 1,499 exclusive of taxes and a renewal fee of Rs. 1,499 inclusive of taxes. Cardholders also get the benefit of renewal fee reversal once they spend Rs. 2 Lakhs in an annum. This card comes with multiple features and benefits which have been curated by SBI keeping in mind the requirements of a healthcare worker.
Doctor’s IMA SBI Card
Best Suited For
Movie & Dining
1 Reward Point per Rs. 100 spent with a reward rate of 0.25% and 5 Reward Points per Rs. 100 spent on medical supplies, travel bookings and international spends with a reward rate of 1.25% and 5 reward points on all spends on Doctor's Day.
Reward points can be redeemed against an array of options from the reward point catalogue. 1 Reward Point = Rs. 0.25
Free access to the priority pass program worth $99 under International Lounge Benefits
Domestic Lounge Access
Complimentary Lounge Access for domestic airports 8 times a year, maximum 2 times a quarter
International Lounge Access
Complimentary Lounge Access for international airports 4 times a year, maximum 2 times a quarter
Get Professional Indemnity Insurance which covers up to Rs 20 lakhs per card and includes court awards, out-of-court settlement expenses, and reimbursement of legal and defense cost
Zero Liability Protection
Cardholder shall not be liable for any fraudulent transaction made with card post reporting the loss of card to the bank
Spend Based Waiver
Renewal Fee is reversed on annual spends of Rs. 2 Lakhs
Rewards Redemption Fee
Rs. 99 (plus applicable taxes)
Rewards Redemption Fee
Rs. 99 (plus applicable taxes)
Foreign Currency Markup
3.5% of the transaction amount
3.5% per month or 42% per year
Waiver of 1 % fuel surcharge at all petrol stations in the country (max Rs. 250 per cycle)
Cash Advance Charges
2.5 % of the transaction amount or Rs. 500, whichever is lower
Add-on Card Fee
- e-Voucher worth Rs. 1,500 from Yatra.com is given as a Welcome Gift.
- Earn 5x reward points on international transactions, medical supplies, and travel bookings.
- Get 5x reward points on all spending on Doctor’s Day
- 1 Reward Point per Rs. 100 for all other spends
- Avail up to 35% off on Avis Car Rentals
- Reversal of renewal fee on annual spend of Rs. 2 lakh
- Professional Indemnity Insurance Cover of Rs. 20 Lakhs can be availed by cardholders
- Complimentary Domestic Airport Lounge access 8 times a year (maximum two visits in a quarter)
- Complimentary International Airport Lounge access 4 times a year (maximum two visits in a quarter)
- Get free membership access to the Priority Pass Program worth $99
- 1% fuel surcharge waiver on a purchase of fuel worth Rs. 500-4,000, at all petrol pumps in the country
Doctor’s IMA SBI Card Features and Benefits
As the name suggests, Doctor’s IMA SBI card has exclusively been designed to complement the lifestyle of a doctor. This card includes multiple benefits ranging from travel to insurance such as access to Domestic and International Airport Lounges and the exclusive Professional Indemnity Insurance for doctors. The following list explains the features and benefits through which doctors can use this card optimally.
With this Card, get a travel voucher of Rs. 1,500 from Yatra.com as a joining gift. The amount can be redeemed online while making the purchase.
- Cardholders get an e-Gift Voucher from Yatra.com/Bata/Shoppers Stop worth Rs. 5,000 on spending Rs. 5 Lakhs in a year
- On an annual expenditure of Rs. 2 Lakhs, the renewal fee will be reversed
- Cardholders get 5x Reward Points on spending on travel websites
- 5x Reward Points on spending internationally
- 5x Reward Points on expenditure on medical supplies
- 5x Reward Points on all spends on Doctors’ Day i.e 1st July
- 1 Reward Point per Rs. 100 on all other expenditures
Each reward point is worth Rs. 0.25. Cardholders can either pay their card balance through reward points or redeem the reward points against a host of options from the reward catalogue
Doctor’s IMA SBI Card has incredible travel benefits, which includes :
- Complimentary visits to Domestic Airport Lounges 8 times a year (capped to 2 times a quarter)
- Complimentary visits to International Airport Lounges 4 times a year through the Priority Pass Program (capped to 2 times a quarter)
(After the complimentary visits have been exhausted, cardholders will be charged $27 per visit in the Priority Pass Program)
Doctors have a lot on their shoulders when treating patients but in unforeseen cases, doctors are at risk of claims from the sufferer. Cardholders get insured under Professional Indemnity Insurance to safeguard the professional interests of doctors and not only protect them in case of unfortunate situations but also help them to cover the legal cost of defending the case.
The Professional Indemnity Insurance covers Rs.20 Lakhs per card and includes coverage of :
- Legal and defense costs
- Settlement expenses outside of court
- Court Awards
Eligibility Criteria for SBI IMA Doctor’s Card
To obtain the SBI IMA Doctor’s Card, the eligibility of the applicant required is mentioned below :
- The minimum age of the applicant should be 21 years
- The maximum age of the applicant should be 65 years
- Applicant should be a self-practicing or a practicing salaried doctor for 3 years
- The minimum annual income of the applicant should be Rs.1,50,000
Documents Required for SBI Doctor’s IMA Card
The following documents are required to apply for Doctor’s IMA SBI Card :
- Proof of Identity – PAN Card, Aadhar Card (Form 16 in case one doesn’t have a PAN Card), Voter ID Card, Driving License
- Proof of Address – Aadhar Card, Voter ID Card, Driving License, Passport, Utility Bills of the person who wants to issue this SBI Card.
- Proof of Income – Salary slips of the previous three months (in case of salaried doctor) or Bank Statement of the previous six months. One can also submit ITR or Form 16 as a proof.
- Registration certificates from the State Medical Council or the Medical Council of India or self-attested copies of medical degrees.
SBI IMA Doctor’s Card Fees and Charges
The Doctors IMA SBI Card charges an annual fee of Rs. 1,499 plus applicable taxes (one-time) and a renewal fee of Rs. 1,499.
The Doctor’s IMA SBI Card is a great choice for doctors and has been designed to provide them with multiple reward points for their spending. It also comes with the feature to personalize the card by engraving the cardholder’s name on it. This credit card helps doctors obtain the maximum benefit from expenditures that they do often such as travel, spending overseas, expenditure on medical supplies, and so forth.
This card also comes with the exclusive Professional Indemnity Insurance which covers Rs.20 Lakhs per card. This insurance secures the doctor in unfortunate circumstances and protects him from the claims of the sufferer in healthcare treatment and also covers the legal and defense costs to defend the case.
SBI IMA Doctor’s Card is beneficial for healthcare workers who are always ready to help people suffering from sickness even in tough times such as Covid. To assist these hardworking people financially, SBI has launched this card to provide them with numerous advantages in their daily spending, insurance coverage, and medical supplies purchases.