SBI one of the most popular card issuers in India has launched IRCTC SBI Platinum Credit Card partnering with Indian Railways. It offers some decent rewards and privileges considering the price point at which it is being offered. This card is offered at a nominal fee of Rs 500 plus taxes. IRCTC SBI Platinum Credit Card allows the user to earn 350 bonus reward points by Rs 500 within the first 45 days. We can also earn 10% value back while booking train tickets on IRCTC’s website in the form of reward points. You also get a 1% of fuel surcharge waiver at gas stations across India. Besides all these benefits, it also offers the advantage of contactless payment, making it convenient to make daily transactions. For more details, refer to our article.
IRCTC SBI Platinum Credit Card
Best Suited For
Rs 500 plus applicable taxes
Reward Points |
- Earn 350 bonus Reward Points on spending Rs 500 or more within the first 45 days.
- Earn Up to 10% Value Back in the form of Reward Points on the IRCTC Website.
- Get exclusive travel offers on ticket booking, hotels, tour packages etc. on IRCTC Website.
- The benefit of fuel surcharge waiver of 1% at all fuel stations pan India.
- Transaction charges waiver of 1.8% on railway ticket bookings via IRCTC.
- Globally accepted across millions of outlets accepting VISA cards.
Rewards and Benefits
Earn 350 activation bonus on a single transaction of Rs 500 or more within 45 days of the activation of the credit card. Earn Rs 100 cashback on ATM cash Withdrawal for the first time.
Movie & Dining
Earn up to 10% Value Back as Reward Points while you book Railway Tickets on IRCTC. Earn 1 Reward Point for every Rs 125 spent. 1 Reward Point= Re. 1
Redeem your reward points against booking railway tickets on IRCTC ‘s Website.
Save 1.8% transactions charges by railway tickets on IRCTC’s website. Avail accommodation offers at more than 5000 hotels spread across 350 cities in India. Avail custom made packages from adventure, wildlife to leisure and pilgrimage across India from IRCTC Website.
Domestic Lounge Access
International Lounge Access
Zero Liability Protection
Fees & Charges
Rs 500 plus applicable taxes
Spend based Waiver
Rewards Redemption Fee
Rewards Redemption Fee
Foreign Currency Markup
3.5% of the total transaction value.
3.5% per month or 42% per annum
1% of Fuel Surcharge Waiver (Maximum waiver of Rs 100 per statement cycle) at all fuel stations across India.
Cash Advance Charge
2.5% of the total transaction amount (Minimum Rs. 500)
Add-on Card Fee
IRCTC SBI Platinum Card Welcome Benefits:
With IRCTC SBI Platinum credit card, you can earn 350 as an activation bonus on a transaction of Rs 500 or more within 45 days of the activation of the credit card.
Also, you can earn Rs 100 cashback on ATM cash Withdrawal for the first time within 30 days of issuance of the card.
Rewards and Redemption:
You can earn 1 Reward Point for every Rs 125 spent on our retail purchases (Excluding Fuel) with your IRCTC SBI Platinum credit card.
Here, 1 Reward Point = Re. 1.
Secondly, you can also earn up to 10% Value Back as Reward Points while you book Railway Tickets on IRCTC. This offer is only valid on AC1, AC2, AC3 and AC CC categories.
You can redeem these accrued reward points against booking Railway Tickets on IRCTC Website.
With IRCTC SBI Platinum credit card, you can save 1.8% transactions charges on railway ticket booking on IRCTC’s website.
This card also allows you to avail accommodation offers at more than 5000 hotels spread across 350 cities in India.
You can also avail exclusive travel benefits and privileges. You can book your air tickets at discounted prices.
Avail custom made tour packages from adventure, wildlife to leisure and pilgrimage across India from IRCTC Website.
Other Benefits and Privileges:
- Convert your transactions of Rs 2500 and above into easy monthly Installments using Flexipay.
- Get a draft or cheque against your cash limit at your doorstep using Easy Money.
- Transfer the outstanding balance of other banks to your card and pay them back through easy EMI’s and at a lower interest rate.
Eligibility criteria for IRCTC SBI Platinum credit card
For the issuance of IRCTC SBI Platinum credit card, there are some basic eligibility criteria-
- One should be at least 18 years or above.
- Regular source of Income whether the person is salaried or self-employed.
- One should have a decent credit score or credit history (Preferably above 700).
How to apply for IRCTC SBI Platinum credit card?
To apply for IRCTC SBI Platinum credit card, you would be needing the following documents-
- Proof of Identity- Aadhar Card, PAN Card (Form 16 in case you don’t have a PAN Card), Driving License, Voter ID Card. Proof of Address- Aadhar Card, Driving License, Voter ID Card, Passport, Utility bills on the name of the person who wants to issue the credit card.
- Proof of Income- Salary slips for the last three months (In case the person issuing the card is salaried) or Bank Statement for the last three months. You can also submit ITR or Form 16 as proof.
IRCTC SBI Platinum Credit Card can be for the one who is an avid traveller and is comfortable commuting by railways. This card offers privileges like discounts on railway ticket bookings, Offers and deals on hotels, customized tour packages etc. which are mostly useful for travellers out there. Moreover, it also offers a contactless payments option which comes in handy while travelling. What do you think about this credit card, do let us know.
No, the Renewal fee of the card is Rs 300 whereas the Joining Fee of this card is Rs 500.
Yes, the accrued Reward points have a validity of 24 months., after which they lapse.
The minimum transaction to use the Flexipay facility is Rs 2500, after that, you can pay the amount in the form of EMI’s.
You can visit IRCTC’s Website www.irctc.co.in and redeem the accrued Reward Points by booking the railway tickets in the select categories.