ICICI bank offers the InterMiles ICICI Bank Sapphiro Credit Card in collaboration with the InterMiles frequent flyer program. It comes in two variants- the Visa variant and the American express variant. The two variants slightly differ in terms of the benefits they offer. Earlier, the card used to offer special benefits on Jet Airways bookings, but since the airline ceased its operation in 2018, you get special privileges on Etihad airlines flight bookings, which owns over 50% share in Jet Airways. As is obvious from the name, it is a travel credit card and earns you reward points as InterMiles on all spends made via the card. Read on to know more about this offering by the ICICI bank.
InterMiles ICICI Bank Sapphiro Credit Card
Best Suited For
Movie & Dining
Buy one movie ticket and get up to Rs. 500 off on second ticket on BookMyShow (max 2 times a month), dining benefits with the Culinary Treats program
5 InterMiles/Rs. 100 on domestic and 7 InterMiles/Rs. 100 on international spends (AmEx variant), 4 InterMiles/Rs. 100 domestic and 5 InterMiles/Rs. 100 on international spends (Visa variant), Accelerated InterMiles on bookings on the InterMiles official website
InterMiles redeemable for flight/hotel bookings on the InterMiles portal from partner airlines/hotel chains
Reward Points earned as InterMiles, complimentary Dreamfolks membership with 2 international lounge access and 2 domestic airport spa visits
1 complimentary round of golf per month for every Rs. 50,000 spent in the previous month
Domestic Lounge Access
2 complimentary domestic lounge access each with both Visa and AmEx variants if Rs. 5,000 spent in the previous quarter
International Lounge Access
2 complimentary international lounge access every year under the Dreamfolks membership
Zero Liability Protection
Cardmember not liable for any fraudulent transaction post reporting the loss of card to the bank
Spend Based Waiver
Rewards Redemption Fee
Rs. 99 (plus applicable taxes) per redemption request
Rewards Redemption Fee
Rs. 99 (plus applicable taxes) per redemption request
Foreign Currency Markup
3.5% of the transaction amount
3.5% per month (42% annually)
1% fuel surcharge waived off at all fuel stations across India
Cash Advance Charges
2.5% of the transacted amount, subject to a minimum amount of Rs. 300
Add-on Card Fee
Rs. 250 (plus applicable taxes)
- InterMiles Silver Tier membership and 10,000 bonus Intermiles as a welcome gift.
- Joining benefit of a discount of Rs. 750 on flight bookings and Rs. 1,500 on hotel reservations.
- Annual benefit of 5,000 InterMiles, a discount voucher worth Rs. 500 on flight tickets and Rs. 1,000 on hotel bookings.
- 5 InterMiles on domestic and 7 InterMiles on international spends on every Rs. 100 spent on the American Express variant.
- 12.5 InterMiles for Etihad Airways ticket bookings and 10 InterMiles for other flight/hotel spends for every Rs. 100 spent on the American Express variant.
- 4 InterMiles on domestic and 5 InterMiles on international spends on every Rs. 100 spent on the Visa variant.
- 10 InterMiles for Etihad Airways ticket bookings and 8 InterMiles for other flight/hotel spends for every Rs. 100 spent on the Visa variant.
- Complimentary DreamFolks membership with 2 complimentary international lounge visits every year and 2 complimentary domestic airport spa visits every year.
- 2 complimentary domestic lounge access with both Visa and AmEx variants if Rs. 5,000 spent in the previous quarter.
- Buy one and get up to Rs. 500 off on the second movie ticket on BookMyShow (twice every month).
- One complimentary round of golf for every Rs. 50,000 spent in the previous month.
- Dining benefits under the Culinary Treats program.
- 24×7 concierge service.
- 1% fuel surcharge waiver at all fuel stations across India.
InterMiles ICICI Bank Sapphiro Credit Card Welcome Benefits:
- Complimentary InterMiles Silver Tier membership for the first year and 10,000 bonus InterMiles.
- Flight discount voucher worth Rs. 750 and hotel discount voucher worth Rs. 1,500 with the AmEx variant.
- Additional flight discount voucher of Rs. 750 and hotel discount voucher of Rs. 1,500 on the expenditure of Rs. 60,000 within the first 3 months of card setup with the Visa variant.
InterMiles ICICI Bank Sapphiro Credit Card Renewal/Milestone Benefits:
- 5,000 bonus InterMiles every year when the card membership is renewed.
- Flight discount voucher worth Rs. 500 and hotel discount voucher worth Rs. 1,000 every anniversary year.
- Additional flight discount voucher of Rs. 500 and hotel discount voucher of Rs. 1,000 on spending Rs. 60,000 within 3 months of the card anniversary date.
InterMiles ICICI Bank Sapphiro Credit Card Rewards:
American Express and the Visa variants of the card have different reward rates. You earn InterMiles on the AmEx & Visa variants of InterMiles ICICI Bank Sapphiro Credit Card as per the table below:
|Spends Catagory||InterMiles earned per Rs. 100 spent on Visa Variant||InterMiles earned per Rs. 100 spent on AmEx Variant|
|Etihad Airways tickets on InterMiles website||10||12.5|
|All other spends on InterMiles website||8||10|
- You earn 2X InterMiles on your spends on the Intermiles website.
- You don’t earn any InterMiles on fuel purchases and only 1 InterMile per Rs. 100 spent on insurance premiums and utility bill payments with either of the two variants.
- A maximum of 60,000 InterMiles can be earned in a card anniversary year. To continue earning InterMiles, you need to pay an uncapping fee of Rs. 7,500.
The InterMiles earned on your InterMiles ICICI Bank Sapphiro Credit Card can be redeemed for booking air tickets and for hotel reservations on the InterMiles portal from partner airlines and hotel chains.
InterMiles ICICI Bank Sapphiro Credit Card Travel Benefits:
- Reward Points as InterMiles and accelerated InterMiles on booking flights/hotels from the InterMiles website.
- Complimentary Dreamfolks membership with complimentary (limited) domestic and international lounge access and complimentary domestic spa visits.
Domestic and International Lounge Access:
- 2 complimentary international airport lounge visits every year with Dreamfolks membership.
- 2 complimentary domestic lounge visits per quarter on AmEx & Visa variant each if a minimum of Rs. 5,000 were spent in the previous calendar quarter.
- These benefits are applicable for both Visa and American Express variants.
Movie and Dining Benefits:
- Buy one movie ticket on BookMyShow and get up to Rs. 500 off on the second ticket. This benefit can be availed for a maximum of 2 times a month.
- Exclusive dining offers through ICICI Bank Culinary Treats Programme.
Up to 4 complimentary rounds of golf each month (1 golf game for every Rs. 50,000 spent in the previous month).
24×7 Concierge Service:
ICICI provides a 24×7 concierge service, i-Assist to its InterMiles Sapphiro cardmembers. You can contact the i-Assist team at 1800 26 70731 or 022 6787 2016. You can avail of the following services with the i-Assist concierge-
- Restaurant reservation
- Hotel reservation
- Flight ticket booking
- Car rental & limousine service
- Flower & gift assistance
- Booking & delivery of movie tickets
- Medical concierge privileges
- Emergency auto assistance across India
- You get a discount of 5% on Etihad Airways economy class tickets.
- You get 1 discount of 10% on Etihad Airways business class tickets.
- InterMiles Platinum Tier members don’t need to pay any joining or renewal fee.
How to apply for InterMiles ICICI Bank Sapphiro Credit Card:
You can apply for this credit card by visiting the card’s page on ICICI’s website and submitting the required documents. You will need an identity/address proof for KYC and proof of income like salary slips or ITR acknowledgment.
The bank offers 24×7 customer care support to its credit card customers over phone calls and via email. You can contact ICICI’s call center at 18601207777 or drop them an email at [email protected] to report the loss of card or for any other issue. In case, the issue is still unresolved, you can escalate the same to their higher-ups at [email protected].
InterMiles ICICI Bank Sapphiro Credit Card earns you InterMiles on all spends and accelerated InterMiles on spends on select categories. Although both the variants have a decent reward rate, the American Express variant does have the upper hand. If you are a frequent flyer, particularly to Dubai or other middle-east destinations, this can be a really good pick for you. Another Etihad Airlines co-branded credit card that comes to mind is Etihad Guest SBI Premier Card. So before you make up your mind, it is worth considering how the two cards stack up against each other. We have already covered the Etihad Guest SBI Premier Card in detail in one of our earlier posts.
What’s your opinion of this cobranded offering by ICICI? Do let us know in the comments below. and if you’re an existing cardholder, don’t forget to share with us your experience with the card.
The InterMiles earned can be redeemed against hotel and flight bookings on the InterMiles official website.
You get 10,000 bonus InterMiles as the joining benefit (only in the first membership year). However, you do get 5,000 bonus InterMiles every subsequent year the card membership is renewed.
No, you can earn a maximum of 60,000 InterMiles in a membership year on your InterMiles ICICI Bank Sapphiro Credit Card. To earn more than that, you will have to pay an uncapping fee of Rs. 7,500.
As mentioned in the previous answer, you can earn a maximum of 60,000 InterMiles in a given anniversary year on your InterMiles ICICI Bank Sapphiro Credit Card. However, if you still wish to earn more InterrMiles, you can pay an uncapping fee of Rs. 7,500 and continue earning InterMiles without any restriction.