HDFC Purchase Credit Card is a very basic business credit card offered by HDFC Bank. The main purpose of the Purchase Credit Card is to streamline the purchase process for corporates. It helps the corporates increase the process efficiency and have better control over the expenses. The card help corporates make payments to the vendors with better control. The purpose of the Purchase card is to enable corporates to keep track of their expenses and manage them efficiently.
However, HDFC Bank also offers some premium business cards like the HDFC Business Regalia Credit Card, which comes with a higher annual fee and exciting features and benefits. But, the Corporate Purchase Credit Card is a great option for those who want to start their journey with a basic credit card. Read more to get a detailed review of the HDFC Purchase Credit Card below:
- Better Control on expenses
- Up to 45 Days of credit period on the Purchase Card
- Restrictions can be placed on cards as per transaction and vendor/ merchant category
- Reduces transaction processing time and overall cost of high volume & low value transactions
- Fuel Surcharge from 1% to 2.5%
Rewards and Benefits
Movie & Dining
Domestic Lounge Access
International Lounge Access
Zero Liability Protection
Cardholders shall not be liable for any fraudulent transaction made with the card post reporting the loss of the card to the bank.
Fees & Charges
Spend based Waiver
Rewards Redemption Fee
Rewards Redemption Fee
Foreign Currency Markup
3.5% (plus applicable taxes)
up to 2.95% per month
1% to 2.5%
Cash Advance Charge
2.50% of the withdrawn amount (subject to a minimum charge of Rs. 500)
Add-on Card Fee
HDFC Bank Purchase Credit Card Features and Benefits
HDFC Purchase Credit Card is an expense managing card and provides better control over expenses. Below are the detailed features and benefits of the HDFC Purchase Credit Card:
HDFC Purchase Credit Card helps the corporates in managing all the direct expenses of the company which can be centrally accounted. It helps in reducing transaction processing time and overall cost of high volume and low value transactions as well.
Better Control on expenses
HDFC Purchase Credit Card allows to place restrictions on cards as per transaction and vendor or merchant category. Also, it provides better control on expenses basis spends data reports on expense patterns.
Fuel Surcharge Waiver
1% to 2.5% fuel surcharge is waived off at all filling stations across India.
HDFC Corporate Purchase Credit Card Fees and Charges
Some of the important fees and charges associated with the HDFC Purchase Credit Card are as follows:
- The HDFC Bank Purchase Credit Card is a lifetime free credit card, i.e, it comes with a zero joining & annual fee.
- The interest rate on this credit card can go up to 2.95% per month.
- The foreign currency markup fee on the HDFC Purchase Credit Card is 1% to 2.5% of the transaction amount.
- The cash advance fee on this credit card is 2.5% of the withdrawn amount subject to a minimum of Rs. 500.
HDFC Purchase Credit Card Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria that need to be fulfilled in order to get approved for the HDFC Corporate Purchase Credit Card are as mentioned below:
- The applicant’s age should be between 21 years to 65 years.
- The applicant should have a registered business with a stable income.
- The credit score of the applicant might also play an important role here.
The documents required to apply for the HDFC Bank Purchase Credit Card are listed below:
- Identity Proof: Aadhar Card, PAN Card, Driving License, Voter’s Id, or Passport.
- Address Proof: Aadhar Card, Utility bills of latest months, Passport, etc.
- You might also need your business registration certificate, latest audited ITR, passport-sized photograph, etc.
How To Apply For The HDFC Bank Purchase Credit Card?
You can apply for the HDFC Bank corporate Purchase Credit Card online as well as offline at your convenience. To apply offline, you will have to visit your nearest HDFC Bank branch with all the required documents and fill out the physical application form there. To apply online, you can follow a few simple steps as mentioned below:
- Visit the official website of HDFC Bank.
- Under the ‘borrow’ section, select ‘Cards’ and then Credit Cards.
- Under the Business Credit Cards, select the HDFC Purchase Credit Card.
- Click on apply now and fill in the digital application form.
- Proceed further accordingly.
HDFC Purchase Credit Card is a very basic card offered by HDFC Bank. The purpose of this card is to provide the corporates to manage and monitor their daily expenses in a very efficient manner. The card is a good choice for corporates that are looking forward to having better control over their expenses. The card does not offer any excessive benefits like rewards or travel benefits, as the purpose of the same is to vendor and procurement payments with better control and improved efficiency. This was the HDFC Purchase Credit Card review from our side. Let us know your views on this in the comment section below!
Yes, this card comes with Zero Protection liability against any fraudulent transactions made on your credit card if reported within a stipulated time to HDFC 24×7 customer care.
No, the HDFC Purchase Credit Card is not a reward earning card and you will not earn any rewards on the transactions made with the card.
Yes, the fuel surcharge waiver can vary from 1% to 2.5% of the transaction amount. The amount of surcharge depends on the fuel station and the receiving bank.