There are hundreds of credit cards issued by different card issuers in the Indian market ranging from super-premium to basic cards. It is true that premium credit cards offer a wide range of exclusive privileges across different categories and many people want to get one of them. Still, there are a lot of individuals who still look for a basic credit card that offers maximum benefits with a minimal annual fee. We can find a lot of such cards, but after finding two or more similar cards, a lot of people often get confused between them. Two such cards are: Standard Chartered DigiSmart Credit Card and Axis Bank Neo Credit Card. Both the cards lie under the basic category and can be considered two of the best basic credit cards available in the Indian market. The DigiSmart, as well as the Neo Credit Card, come with a very nominal annual fee and several exciting features.
Both these cards offer great discount offers over selected merchants including Myntra, Grofers, Zomato, etc, and hence are suitable choices for those who spend more on these categories. One plus point of the Axis Bank Neo Card is that it also offers Edge Rewards and cashback on regular spends like retail purchases, utility bills, mobile/DTH recharges, etc. However, with the Standard Chartered DigiSmart Credit Card, you can get the monthly membership fee waived off, but there is no such annual fee waiver on the Axis Bank Neo Card. All these benefits and features of the two cards can confuse a lot of people as they find it really difficult to decide which one of these should they get. To help them out, we are here with this comparison article between the Axis Bank Neo Credit Card and the Standard Chartered DigiSmart Credit Card:
Standard Chartered DigiSmart Credit Card
The Standard Chartered DigiSmart Credit Card is a basic cash back card issued by the bank. It comes with a nominal monthly membership fee of Rs. 49 and provides its customers with a lot of exclusive privileges across different categories. However, with this card, you don’t earn rewards/cashback on all your regular spends, but you can avail of exciting discount offers on selected merchants including Myntra and Grofers. Other than this, the card offers exciting discount offers and deals on movie tickets and travel-related bookings. Refer to the following points to understand all the features and benefits of the StanChart DigiSmart Credit Card:
- You get a discount of 20% up to Rs. 700 on Myntra once every month when you shop using the DigiSmart Credit Card.
- You can get a 10% discount of up to Rs. 1,000 five times every month on Grofers.
- You get 10% off up to Rs. 150 on ordering food via Zomato. This offer is valid for five transactions every month.
- You can avail of the Buy 1 Get 1 offer on movie tickets via Inox up to five times every month, under which the price of the complimentary ticket is capped at Rs. 200 per ticket. (applicable once every quarter).
- You get a 20% discount on domestic flight bookings (up to Rs. 750) and 10% off on international flight bookings via Yatra.com. (applicable once every quarter).
- You can get 25% off up to Rs. 4,000 on domestic hotel bookings.(applicable once every quarter).
- You can avail of a 15% discount of up to Rs. 600 every month on Ola.
- The monthly membership fee of Rs. 49 can be waived off by spending Rs. 5,000 or more in the previous month.
Axis Bank Neo Credit Card
The Axis Bank Neo Credit Card is one of the most basic yet desired credit cards issued by the Axis Bank. It comes with an annual fee of Rs. 250 and welcomes its customers with a gift voucher worth Rs. 250 and complimentary subscription to several platforms including Zomato. The card rewards you in the form of Edge Reward Points that can be redeemed against a host of options available at the Edge Rewards portal. Other than the regular Edge Rewards on retail purchases, you also earn cashback on selected spends including utility bills, mobile recharges, etc. Moreover, exciting discount offers on selected brands like Myntra, Zomato, etc. To know more about the features and benefits of the Axis Bank Neo Credit Card, refer to the following points:
- As a welcome gift, you get an amazon gift voucher worth Rs. 250, 3 months subscription to Zomato, 6 months complimentary subscription to Grofers, and Tata 1mg.
- You get 1 Edge Reward Point on every retail spend of Rs. 200.
- You get a cashback of 1% on utility bill payments and mobile/DTH recharges via Paytm.
- You get a 10% discount of up to Rs. 500 on Myntra.
- You get a 10% discount of up to Rs. 750 on Grofers once every month.
- You get a 40% discount up to Rs. 200 on ordering food from Zomato twice every month.
- Enjoy 10% off on movie ticket bookings via BookMyShow.
- You get a 1% fuel surcharge waiver of up to Rs. 400 every month.
|Standard Chartered DigiSmart Credit Card
|Axis Bank Neo Credit Card
|Reward rate on regular spends
|Discount offers on partner merchants
After comparing the two cards on the basis of all their features and benefits, you might have come to a decision. The DigiSmart Credit Card comes with a lower monthly membership fee, but it is actually higher than the Axis Bank Neo Credit Card when calculated yearly. However, you have an option to get the membership fee waived off for the SC DigiSmart Card, but you can not do the same for the Neo Card. Talking about the welcome benefits of the two cards, the Neo Card offers a host of exclusive welcome benefits, but the Standard Chartered DigiSmart Card doesn’t provide you with any such activation privileges. But, if you spend a lot on Myntra and Grofers, the DigiSmart Card would be a better choice for you as it offers higher discounts on the same as compared to the other card. On the other hand, if you spend more on Zomato, you should prefer the Neo Credit Card as it earns you up to 40% discount on the same.
One of the most important things that need to be considered here is the normal reward rate, which is 1 Edge Reward on every spend of Rs. 200 on the Neo Card, and no such reward rate is offered with the DigiSmart card on regular retail spends. This is how you can compare the two cards by keeping all the factors in mind and choose the one that suits your requirements the most. If you still have any additional doubts, make sure to ask us in the comment section below!