SBI Prime Credit Card is a lifestyle credit card that extends various offers on your lifestyle activities such as lounge activities, discounts on hotel bookings, movie tickets at discounted rates, etc. Additionally, this card provides you with reward points that are different for spending on different categories. While on the other hand, SBI SimplySAVE Credit Card is an entry-level credit card that allows its holders to enjoy great cashback as they are new to this field. You are eligible to earn accelerated reward points while shopping and spending on some specific categories. Since this is an entry-level credit card, hence it does not provide you any value-added benefit as compared to the SBI Prime Credit Card. SBI Prime Credit Card comes with a joining fee of Rs. 2,999 per annum while SBI SimplySAVE Credit Card comes with a low joining fee of Rs. 499 per annum.
Both the SBI Credit Cards are quite different from each other in the context of the reward and benefits they offer. This article will discuss in detail the features that these two cards individually carry with themselves –
SBI Prime Credit Card
SBI Prime Credit Card is a downgraded version of the SBI Elite Credit Card. The features and benefits that the SBI Prime card offers are quite similar to that of the SBI Elite Card. With this card, you can earn accelerated reward points while paying for dining, grocery, and departmental store bills. Also, this card provides you with domestic and international lounge access, discounts on hotel bookings, etc. With a joining fee of Rs. 2,999 (plus applicable taxes), the rewards and benefits that this card provides are quite decent. Let us now discuss in detail this credit card by SBI-
- As a welcome gift, you get a gift voucher worth Rs. 3,000 which can be of any brand our of – Bata/Hush Puppies, Pantaloons, Aditya Birla Fashion, Shoppers Stop, and Yatra.com.
- You earn 5x Rewards for every Rs. 100 spent on movie, grocery, dining, and departmental store bills.
- 2 Reward Points for every Rs. 100 spent on all other categories
- You can enjoy up to 25% off on your dining bills at all the partnered restaurants while paying through SBI Prime Credit Card, Complimentary Tablet Plus Membership with access to VIP upgrades at hotels around the world (These benefits are available to SBI Prime Credit Card -American Express Variant only)
- You get complimentary Club Vistara and Trident Privilege Red Tier Membership.
- Up to 15% off on the best available room rent on Lalit and F&B Hotels, up to 10% off on Hertz Car Rentals, and up to 35% off on Avis Car Rentals and exclusive benefits across 900 luxury hotels. (These benefits are applicable for SBI Prime Credit Card – Visa Variant only)
- The cardholder can enjoy 8 domestic and 4 international complimentary lounge access. (limited to 2 per quarter)
- With SBI Prime Credit Card MasterCard Variant, you can enjoy 4 rounds of complimentary green fees and a maximum of 50% discount on golf games along with 1 complimentary lesson per month at the selected golf courses in India.
- 1% fuel surcharge waiver on all transactions between Rs. 500 and Rs. 4,000 at all fuel stations across India. (Waiver capping of Rs. 250 in a month)
- The rewards earned with this card can be redeemed for gift vouchers available at www.sbicard.com, or for paying SBI Credit Card Bill wherein 1 Reward Point = Rs. 0.25
SBI SimplySAVE Credit Card
SBI SimplySAVE Credit Card is an entry-level credit card that is best suitable for new entrants in this field. This card lets you earn enhanced reward points while spending on movies, departmental stores, dining, and grocery. No value-added benefits like lounge access, golf courses, etc will be available on this card as this card is an entry-level credit card. Placed at an annual fee of Rs. 499 plus applicable taxes, this card comes with various features that are discussed in this article below –
- A welcome benefit of 2,000 reward points on spending Rs. 2,000 through your credit card within 60 days of issuance of the credit card.
- 10x Reward Points for every Rs. 100 spent towards the movie, dining, departmental store, and grocery spending.
- 1 Reward Point for every Rs. 100 spent on all other categories.
- As a milestone benefit, the annual fee for the succeeding year of the SBI SimplySAVE Credit Card will be waived off on spending of Rs. 1,00,000 in the preceding year.
- You are entitled to a 1% fuel surcharge waiver on transactions of Rs. 500 to Rs. 3,000 at all fuel stations across India. The waiver amount is capped at a maximum of Rs. 100 per statement cycle.
- The reward points earned with SBI SimplySave Credit Card can be redeemed against the gift vouchers available at www.sbicard.com or by logging in to the SBI Mobile Application.
- The points can also be used for paying the outstanding balance towards your credit card, wherein 4 Reward Points = Re. 1.
Check here:- To compare credit cards to see which one best suits your needs.
Now that we have discussed the features of both the cards individually, let us now have a quick comparison between SBI Prime Credit Card and SBI SimplySAVE Credit Card –
|Basis||SBI Prime Credit Card||SBI SimplySAVE Credit Card|
|Reward Rate|| || |
|Reward Redemption|| || |
|Fuel Surcharge Waiver|| || |
|Welcome Benefits|| || |
|Milestone Benefits|| ||As a milestone benefit, waiver of the annual fee on spending Rs. 1,00,000 in the previous year.|
|Lounge Visits|| || |
|Dining Benefits|| || |
|Membership Fee|| || |
|Renewal Fees|| || |
|Eligibility|| || |
Both the credit cards by SBI, namely SBI Prime Credit Card and SBI SimplySAVE Credit Card are decent credit cards. While one can be considered a mid-level credit card (SBI Prime Credit Card), the other one is just an entry-level credit card (SBI SimplySAVE Credit Card). The former is suitable for those people who spend a considerable portion of their income on shopping and traveling expenses while refraining from paying high annual fees. This card offers decent rewards and benefits as compared to the annual fee of Rs. 2,999.
While the latter is designed for people who are new entrants in the field of credit cards. It is suitable for people who just want to enjoy reward points on each of their spending and are not concerned with any value-added benefits. At a nominal fee of Rs. 499, this card offers great and even accelerated rewards points on some of your spendings. Now that we have explained all the features of both the cards in detail, it is the customer’s choice which card he wants to opt for on the basis of his needs.
Also Check: SBI Card PRIME vs Elite Credit Card