SBI Prime Credit Card by SBI Card is a premium credit card that offers you various rewards and benefits while you use this credit card for your regular spends and provides you accelerated reward points while you spend on some specific categories such as dining, groceries, departmental stores, and the movie spends. Not only this, but this card also provides you with various value-added benefits such as complimentary Club Vistara Silver Membership, complimentary access to domestic and international lounges, complimentary golf lessons, discounts on your dining bills, and fuel surcharge waiver, and much more. This card comes with a joining and renewal fee of Rs. 2,999 which is quite in sync with the rewards and deals that this card offers.
On the other hand, the IndusInd Bank Platinum Credit Card, placed at a joining and renewal fee ofk Rs. 3,000, is also a decent credit card that offers you generous reward points and amazing deals while you shop using this credit card. You are offered exclusive deals on premium brands as a welcome benefit of this credit card. Apart from the welcome benefits, the cardholder is also entitled to various other benefits such as a fuel surcharge waiver, offers on movie ticket bookings, complimentary golf rounds and lessons, and much more.
Both the credit cards, namely SBI Prime Credit Card and IndusInd Bank Platinum Credit Card offer a wide range of rewards and deals to their customers. The detailed benefit and features of each credit card will be explained in this article. Keep reading the article to know more about individual credit cards.
SBI Prime Credit Card
The SBI Card Prime is a downgraded version of the SBI Elite Credit Card. The features and benefits that this card offers are quite similar to that of the SBI Elite Credit Card. You can earn accelerated reward points while paying for dining, grocery, and departmental store bills while making payments using this card. In addition to the reward points, this card also provides you with domestic and international lounge access, discounts on hotel bookings, etc. With a joining fee of Rs. 2,999 (plus applicable taxes), and the rewards and benefits that this card provides are quite decent. Let us now discuss in detail about this credit card by SBI-
- As a welcome gift, you get a gift voucher worth Rs. 3,000 which can be of any brand our of – Bata/Hush Puppies, Pantaloons, Aditya Birla Fashion, Shoppers Stop, and Yatra.com.
- You earn 5x Rewards for every Rs. 100 spent on movie, grocery, dining, and departmental store bills.
- 2 Reward Points for every Rs. 100 spent on all other categories
- 10x Reward Points for every Rs. 100 spent on birthday (a day before, a day after, and on the day of birthday). The rewards points on birthday spends are capped at a maximum of 2,000 per calendar year.
- You can enjoy up to 25% off on your dining bills at all the partnered restaurants while paying through SBI Prime Credit Card, Complimentary Tablet Plus Membership with access to VIP upgrades at hotels around the world (These benefits are available to SBI Prime Credit Card -American Express Variant only)
- You get complimentary Club Vistara and Trident Privilege Red Tier Membership.
- Up to 15% off on the best available room rent on Lalit and F&B Hotels, up to 10% off on Hertz Car Rentals, and up to 35% off on Avis Car Rentals and exclusive benefits across 900 luxury hotels. (These benefits are applicable for SBI Prime Credit Card – Visa Variant only)
- The cardholder can enjoy 8 domestic and 4 international complimentary lounge access. (limited to 2 per quarter)
- With SBI Prime Credit Card MasterCard Variant, you can enjoy 4 rounds of complimentary green fees and a maximum of 50% discount on golf games along with 1 complimentary lesson per month at the selected golf courses in India.
- 1% fuel surcharge waiver on all transactions between Rs. 500 and Rs. 4,000 at all fuel stations across India. (Waiver capping of Rs. 250 in a month)
- You get the following as milestone benefits –
– Pizza Hut e-voucher worth Rs. 1,000 on spending Rs. 50,000 in a quarter
– E-voucher from either Yatra or Pantaloons on achieving annual spends of Rs. 5 Lakhs
- The rewards earned with this card can be redeemed for gift vouchers available at www.sbicard.com, or for paying SBI Credit Card Bill wherein 1 Reward Point = Rs. 0.25
IndusInd Bank Platinum Credit Card
The IndusInd Bank launched the IndusInd Bank Platinum Credit Card, which offers amazing rewards to its customers while they make transactions using this credit card. Not only reward points, but this card also provides you with amazing vouchers of the partnered brands as welcome benefits. Along with this, you also get complimentary golf rounds at selected golf courses in India. The cardholders are also entitled to multiple travel insurance covers. This card comes with a joining and renewal fee of Rs. 3,000. Following are the details of all the features and benefits that come along with the IndusInd Bank Platinum Credit Card –
- As a welcome benefit, the cardholders are offered exclusive deals on premium brands such as Montblanc, Vero Moda, ALDO, William Penn EazyDiner etc.
- Apart from this, you also get Luxe Gift Cards, Amazon Gift Cards, Apollo Gift Cards etc as welcome benefits for this credit card.
- The cardholders will get 1.5 Reward Points for every Rs. 150 spent using this credit card.
- You will get 0.7 Reward Points for every Rs. 150 spent on utility bill payments, insurance premium payments, etc.
- Under the Travel Plus Program offered by the IndusInd Bank at an annual fee of Rs. 5,000, the cardholders get access to all international and domestic lounges by paying US $27 per person per visit.
- With the IndusInd Bank Platinum Credit Card, the cardholder will get one movie ticket free on the purchase of one movie ticket while booking the tickets through BookMyShow. This offer can be claimed up to 2 times in a month and the price of the movie ticket is capped at Rs. 200.
- With this credit card, the cardholders get to enjoy 4 complimentary golf games and 4 complimentary golf lessons every year. The games and lessons are capped at 1 each per quarter.
- The cardholders are also entitled to multiple insurance benefits such as Cover against lost baggage, delayed baggage, loss of passport, lost ticket, air accidental death cover, etc.
- The cardholders will get a 1% fuel surcharge waiver of 1% at all fuel stations in India on transactions between Rs. 400 – Rs. 4,000.
- The points hence earned with this credit card can be redeemed for a variety of options available on the website –
– For redemption against InterMiles, 100 Reward Points = 100 InterMiles
– For redemption against Partner Airlines Vistara, 100 Reward Points = 100 CV Points
– For redemption against cash, 1 RP = Rs. 0.65
Now that we have discussed about the features of both the cards individually, let us now have a quick comparison between The SBI Prime Credit Card vs IndusInd Bank Platinum Credit Card –
|Basis||SBI Prime Card||IndusInd Bank Platinum Credit Card|
|Fuel Surcharge Waiver||
|Dining Benefits & Movie Benefits||
|Joining Fee||Rs. 2,999 + Taxes||Rs. 3,000 + Applicable Taxes|
Both the credit cards namely SBI Prime Credit Card and IndusInd Bank Platinum Credit Card are quite decent credit cards that provide various rewards and benefits while paying for your regular spends using your credit card. While on one hand, the SBI Prime Credit Card is a premium credit card that provide exclusive life style benefits to the cardholders. Without paying a very high annual fee, this card is quite suitable for the customers who wish to enjoy exclusive deals on travel and lifestyle. On the other hand, the IndusInd Bank Platinum Credit Card has been designed to target the millennials who quite frequently shop for apparel and luxury items.
Apart from these, this card also offers various added benefits such as golf rounds and lessons, access to participating lounges, various travel insurances, etc. This card is placed at a joining and renewal fee of Rs. 3,000. Hence, the cardholders should consider opting for the IndusInd Bank Platinum Credit Card if he wants to obtain benefits in the form of reward points while shopping but he should chose the SBI Prime Credit Card who want to enjoy luxurious lifestyle while shopping regularly through this credit card.