RBL Bank and Zomato partnered on the popular and highly-rewarding RBL Bank Edition Classic and Edition Black Credit Card. The card was a hit among customers but recently announced that the Edition Black and Edition Classic cards will be discontinued and are getting replaced by the Lifetime Free RBL Bank Shoprite credit card.
The Shoprite credit card is quite exciting and offers a host of benefits and features for the cardholder. Moreover, RBL Bank will seamlessly replace the card for existing Edition Classic/Black cardholders and they won’t need to make any applications for it. The Shoprite credit card offers benefits up to Rs. 6000 every year on spendings.
Keep reading to know more about the RBL Bank Shoprite credit card replacement, its features and benefits, fees, etc.
RBL Shoprite Credit Card – Important Information
As RBL Bank discontinues their Zomato co-branded Edition Classic and Edition Black credit cards, here are some important points you must know regarding the new Shoprite Credit Card.
• RBL Bank will issue the new Shoprite Credit Card by 15th May 2023. From this date, you can enjoy the card’s benefits on your existing Edition card.
• After 15th May 2023, you will be delivered your new Shoprite credit card at your registered address and can start using it as soon as you get it.
• All your existing EMIs, outstanding dues, etc. will get transferred to your new Shoprite credit card.
• All your existing Edition Cash earned on your Edition card must be redeemed on the Zomato application by 14th May 2023 after which their won’t be any Edition Dashboard on the Zomato application. If you have outstanding Edition Cash on your card, you will receive it as cashback by 30th May 2023 in your Shoprite credit card account.
• If you paid your Edition card’s renewal or annual fee after 1st May 2022, it will get reversed into your card account by 10th May 2023.
You can check any card related details through the RBL Bank MyCard application. Also, you can send an email to cardservi[email protected] or call at 022-62327777 for any help or queries.
RBL Bank Shoprite Credit Card – Benefits and Features
The following are the features and benefits you can avail with your RBL Bank Shoprite credit card –
You get a welcome benefit worth 2000 Reward Points once you complete the following steps –
• Pay the credit card joining fee by the first card payment due date
• Make a valid purchase inside 30 days of getting the card
• Download and activate RBL MyCard mobile application
• Get 20 reward points per Rs. 100 spent on grocery shopping capped at a maximum of 1000 reward points per month.
• Get 1 reward point per Rs. 100 spent on other spends except fuel transactions.
• You can redeem your reward points on rblrewards.com
• Get a 10% discount up to maximum Rs. 100, 15 times per year, on BookMyShow movie tickets.
• Select your movie tickets on BookMyShow, then go to the Credit Card offers and click the RBL Bank 10% offer to use the benefit.
Fuel Surcharge Waiver
The cardholder is eligible for a fuel surcharge waiver on transactions between Rs. 500 and Rs. 4000, capped at a maximum of Rs. 100 per month.
RBL Bank Shoprite Credit Card – Fees & Charges
The Shoprite credit card comes with an annual fee of Rs. 500 and you can get the fee waived off by spending Rs. 1.5 Lakhs or more in the calendar year. However, you get the card as lifetime free when you get it replaced for your RBL Bank Edition Classic/Black credit card.
You are charged Rs. 99 plus taxes as reward redemption fee. The fee is charged just once for all redemptions made in one day.
RBL Bank’s partnership with Zomato Limited ended recently and as a result, their co-branded Edition Classic and Edition Black credit cards are getting discontinued. Due to this, RBL Bank is replacing existing cardholders’ Edition cards with the Lifetime Free Shoprite credit card.
This credit card is quite exciting and has a lot of features and benefits as discussed above. The new Shoprite credit cards will be issued by RBL bank on 15th May 2023 and will be soon delivered to the cardholders’ registered address. All your balances and dues on the Edition credit card will be transferred to the Shoprite credit card and your existing Edition Cash will be transferred as cashback.
Do you look forward to your Edition Classic/Black credit card to be replaced by the RBL Bank Shoprite credit card? Let us know in the comments!!