If an applicant has recently got approved for an ICICI Bank Credit Card and the same has been delivered to you, then the next step is to activate your credit card. Till the time you have not activated your credit card, you will not be able to perform any transaction using your credit card. Nowadays it has become quite easy to activate credit cards by oneself because of the numerous upgrade in the technologies.
Likewise, ICICI Bank provides multiple ways in which an applicant can activate their credit cards. PIN generation is one of the important steps while activating a credit card. Now that you have an ICICI Bank Credit Card in hand, you can generate the PIN of your credit card in many ways. Keep reading the article to know more about the available platforms on which you can activate your credit card –
Through Mobile Banking Application
One of the easiest ways in which you can activate your ICICI Bank credit card is by using the mobile banking application. You will first have to download this application on your mobile phone and then follow the steps mentioned as under –
- Log in to the application using your User Id and Password.
- Click on Services.
- Go to Credit Card PIN Generation under Card PIN Services.
- Tap on the Credit Card that you need to activate.
- Now you have to enter the PIN.
- Authenticate it by OTP that you have received on your registered mobile number.
- Click on Submit after OTP authentication.
Now your credit card is ready to use!
Using Internet Banking
Internet Banking is another way with the help of which you can activate your credit card. The steps for activating a credit card are quite different for existing customers and new to bank customers.
The customers who are already registered with the bank can follow the steps given below to activate their credit card –
- Log in to internet banking using your registered id and password.
- On the left-hand side of the menu, click on the Credit Cards tab.
- Under the Credit Card PIN option, click on Generate Now.
- Select the credit card for which you will like to generate the PIN.
- Enter the CVV number.
- Click on your registered mobile number to receive the OTP and hit the Submit button.
- Now enter the OTP that you have received on your mobile number to authenticate the transaction.
- After authentication, enter the PIN.
With this, PIN of your new ICICI Bank credit card will be generated and the card is all set for you to use!
The customers who are new to the bank can follow the steps mentioned as under to activate their credit cards –
- Go to the official website of ICICI Bank and then log in to net banking using your login id and password.
- Go to the Credit Cards tab.
- Enter your credit card number and registered mobile number.
- Enter the OTP that you receive on your registered mobile number.
- Set up the net banking login password.
- Once done, go back to the net banking page.
- Now follow the steps that are mentioned above in the case of existing to bank customers.
By Calling the Customer Care Number
Likewise, to activate the credit card PIN you can also call on the customer care number of the ICICI Bank, 1800 200 3344, and then follow the process that the IVR (Interactive Voice Response) says to generate the credit card PIN.
Another convenient way in which you can generate PIN of your credit card is through ATM. Follow the steps mentioned as under to generate the credit card PIN –
- Insert your credit card into the ATM.
- From the options displayed on the screen, click on PIN Generation.
- Follow the instructions mentioned on the screen to generate the PIN of your credit card.
Just having a credit card in hand will do no good to you. You have to activate your credit card to perform transactions and take benefits of that credit card. Whenever a new credit card is delivered to you, it is an inactive credit card and no transactions can be performed using that card. You can activate your credit card in any one of the ways that are mentioned in the article above. The one thing that you should be aware of this PIN is a very sensitive number and should not be shared with anybody to avoid the case of any undue transactions from your card.