If an applicant has recently got approved for an ICICI Bank Credit Card and the same has been delivered to you, then the next step is to activate your credit card. Till the time you have not activated your credit card, you will not be able to perform any transaction using your credit card. Nowadays, it has become relatively easy to start credit cards by oneself because of the numerous upgrade in the technologies.
Likewise, ICICI Bank provides multiple ways in which an applicant can activate their credit cards. PIN generation is one of the essential steps while activating a credit card. Now that you have an ICICI Bank Credit Card in hand, you can generate the PIN code for your credit card in many ways. Keep reading the article to know more about the available platforms on which you can activate your credit card –
Through Mobile Banking Application
One of the easiest ways in which you can activate your ICICI Bank credit card is by using the mobile banking application. You will first have to download this application on your mobile phone and then follow the steps mentioned below –
- Enter the website or online banking portal using the User ID and Password.
- Find ‘Services’ and click on it.
- Further find Credit Card PIN Generation, which will be present under Card PIN Services.
- Select and click on the Credit Card that you wish to activate.
- Enter the PIN code you wish to enter.
- Then, you will have to authenticate it by OTP by receiving the text in your registered mobile number.
- After OTP authentication, click on ‘Submit’.
After this, your credit card will be ready to use.
Using Internet Banking
Internet Banking is another way with the help of which you can activate your credit card. The steps for activating a credit card are pretty different for existing customers and new to-bank customers.
The present customers can follow the steps given below to activate their credit card –
- You will need to enter the banking portal or website with the help of your registered ID and password.
- Find the Credits Cards tab, which is present on the left-hand side of the menu.
- Click on ‘Generate Now’ present under the Credit Card PIN.
- Select the credit card for which you would like to generate the PIN.
- The CVV number present on the back of your credit card needs to be entered now.
- Click on your registered mobile number to receive the OTP and hit the Submit button.
- Now, you will have to enter the OTP received on your registered mail and mobile number for transaction authentication.
- Enter the PIN after authentication.
The PIN for your new ICICI Bank credit card will be generated, and the card can be used now.
New customers of the bank can follow the below-mentioned steps to activate the card –
- Enter the official website of the bank ICICI Bank and then log in using your user ID and password.
- Find the Credit Cards tab and enter the card number with the registered mobile number.
- You will receive an OTP to authenticate the process on your registered number.
- Enter the received OTP and then set up the net banking login password.
- Go back to the net banking page once the process has been completed, and then follow the steps mentioned above in case of existing customers.
By Calling the Customer Care Number
Similarly, to activate the PIN code for your credit card, you can also call the customer care number of ICICI Bank, 1800 200 3344, and then follow the Interactive Voice Response to generate the credit card PIN.
Another convenient way in which you can generate a PIN for your credit card is through an ATM. Follow the steps mentioned below to generate the credit card PIN –
- Insert your card into the ATM.
- Select PIN Generation from the menu presented on the screen.
- Follow the mentioned instructions on the screen to generate the credit card PIN.
Just having a credit card in hand will do no good to you. You have to activate your credit card to perform transactions and take benefits of that credit card. Whenever a new credit card is delivered to you, it is an inactive credit card, and no transactions can be performed using that card. You can activate your credit card in any one of the ways that are mentioned in the article above. The one thing that you should be aware of is that this PIN is a susceptible number and should not be shared with anybody to avoid the case of any undue transactions from your card.