HDFC Bank already has a wide range of co-branded as well as general credit cards in its portfolio, making it the most popular card issuer in the country. Recently, HDFC Bank has tied up with ITCTC to launch a co-branded credit card. This card is named HDFC Bank RuPay IRCTC Credit Card and it is targeted at people who travel frequently via trains. It comes with a very nominal annual fee and offers decent privileges, including reward points, railway lounge access, welcome benefits, and a few more. To know more about the HDFC Bank RuPay IRCTC Credit Card and its features, continue reading:
HDFC Bank RuPay IRCTC Credit Card
The HDFC Bank RuPay IRCTC Credit Card is a co-branded travel card issued by HDFC Bank in partnership with IRCTC (Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation). The card comes with an annual fee of Rs. 499 and is a great option for people who generally travel via train. From a great reward rate to exciting travel privileges, the card is loaded with a number of benefits across different categories. The detailed features and benefits of this card are mentioned below:
- Welcome Benefits: The cardholders get a welcome gift of an Amazon voucher worth Rs. 500 on making their first transactions within the first 30 days of card issuance.
- Reward rates: The reward rates offered by this card across different categories are as follows:
– 5 Cash Points on every Rs. 100 spent on bookings via IRCTC. Along with this, you get a 5% additional discount on booking your tickets via HDFC Smartbuy.
– 1 Cash Point on every Rs. 100 spent elsewhere.
- Reward Redemption: The Rewards (Cash Points) earned using this card can be redeemed against various options at the following conversion rates:
– 1 Cash Point = Re. 1 for redemption against travel bookings via the IRCTC website.
– 1 Cash Point = Re. 0.30 for redemption against flight/hotel bookings and vouchers at IRCTC.
– 1 Cash Point = Re. 0.30 for redemption against the statement balance.
- Lounge Access: You get 4 complimentary railway lounge access every year with this card (capped at 1 per quarter).
- Spend-Based Waiver: The renewal fee of Rs. 499 is waived on spending Rs. 1.5 lakhs or more in the previous year.
- Transaction Charges Waver: On booking your tickets using the HDFC IRCTC RuPay Card, you get the transaction charges waived (for transactions between Rs.400 and Rs. 5,000).
- Fuel Surcharge Waiver: You get a 1% fuel surcharge waiver on all fuel transactions between Rs. 400 and Rs. 5,000 (capped at Rs. 250 per billing cycle).
With the launch of the IRCTC co-branded credit card, HDFC Bank has targeted frequent train travelers. This card seems to be a great option for people who use irctc for their travel bookings and other facilities. The annual fee is not going to be an obstacle here as the card charges a very nominal annual fee, which too can be waived off on the basis of your spends in the previous anniversary year. So, if the benefits of this card seem to fulfill your requirements, you should go for it without any second thoughts.