You may have a travel insurance coverage that will get you your money back in case you need to cancel a booked flight ticket or hotel room for certain reasons. However, some tickets are non-refundable for various reasons and you will need a Cancel for Any Reason (CFAR) insurance for added flexibility and to receive back non-refundable amounts for your bookings.
With this trip cancellation cover insurance, you can receive reimbursement on cancelling flight/hotel bookings made with your IDFC First Private credit card from the card issuance date to 30th April 2024, when the offer period ends. You will receive the non-refundable amount back, for any reason, even if it’s not stated in the booking policy provided you cancel your booking a minimum of 24 hours before the scheduled date of flight or hotel stay.
In this article, we will learn in detail about this trip cancellation insurance policy on IDFC First Private credit card, and the various terms and conditions associated with it.
CFAR Insurance – Trip Cancellation Policy
The Cancel for Any Reason insurance and the trip cancellation policy on IDFC First Bank Private credit card is valid from 1st May 2023 to 30th April 2024. The cardholder can receive reimbursement of non-refundable amounts of their hotel/flight bookings provided they cancel the booking at least 24 hours before the scheduled date.
Here are some details related to the trip cancellation and insurance policy –
- The policy provides a cover of Rs. 25,000 each for flight and hotel bookings but the cover amount is not fungible between the two options.
- The policy period extends from the 1stof the next calendar month from the date of First Private credit card issuance until 30th April 2024.
- The cover is valid for maximum two transactions done during the policy period, and the coverage is for the non-refundable amount of your flight/hotel booking that the merchant does not refund after cancellation of the booking.
- The insurance policy is valid only when the booking and cancellation both are done during the policy period.
Trip Cancellation Policy – Terms and Conditions
Keep the following terms and conditions in mind before you apply for the trip cancellation claim –
- The cover is available to both primary and the add-on cardholder for flight/hotel bookings made with their IDFC credit card. They can share the benefit for a maximum of 2 cancellations across the policy period.
- The insurance cover is valid on bookings and cancellation made only after the policy is issued by the bank. Cardholders will be notified regarding policy activation by the bank through email or SMS on their registered contact details.
- Cover will be valid only on cancellations made at least 24 hours before the flight or hotel stay date.
- The cover is applicable for the non-refundable amount of the hotel/flight booking which is not refunded by the merchant after cancellation. Also, the cover is not applicable for no shows without prior cancellation.
- The cover does not include refunding of any cashback, offer, voucher, or discount used by the cardholder to make the booking.
- The cover is only valid for the non-refundable amount of the booking and will not include other charges like food, travel, sightseeing, entertainment, etc. even if they were paid as a part of booking.
- The cover is valid for maximum two cancellations per cardholder and can be used for domestic or international flight/hotel bookings.
- The claim intimation should be done inside 30 days from the cancellation date and the documents related to the claim must be submitted inside 60 days from the cancellation date.
- The amount refundable through this trip cancellation policy will be credited into the bank account shared by the cardholder.
- When the cardholder raises the claim for trip cancellation cover, his IDFC credit card must be active without any overdue amounts.
Cancellation Reasons Covered Under the Policy
The following reasons for flight rescheduling or cancellation are covered under the Cancel for Any Reason insurance on the IDFC First Private credit card.
- The cardholder gets serious injury or sickness that requires at least 3 days of hospitalization
- The cardholder’s parents, spouse, or children get serious injury or sickness that requires at least 3 days of hospitalization
- Any serious injury or sickness that needs at least 3 days of hospitalization to the cardholder’s child, spouse, or parent booked to travel along with them
- Due to any personal reason of the cardholder
- Due to flood, storm, cyclone, any other natural calamity, or terrorism.
Other Credit Cards Offering CFRE Insurance
You may have to pay heavy charges if you end up cancelling your flight/hotel bookings, especially on a short notice. With Cancel for Any Reason insurance on the IDFC First Private credit card, you can receive the non-refundable amount of your bookings for any personal reason. This trip cancellation policy is great for individuals who travel a lot throughout the year and their plans can change anytime.
Another credit card that offers a refund on your cancelled bookings is the ICICI Bank Emeralde credit card. This super-premium credit card provides various travel privileges including a refund up to Rs. 12,000 on your flight/hotel booking cancellations, on maximum two transactions every year. This is an elite benefit of the ICICI Bank Emeralde card which is not provided by most other credit cards.
Most of us prefer planning for our travel or vacations in advance, booking flights and hotels months before the actual date of travel. It is effective mostly but, in some cases, you may need to reschedule or even cancel your bookings because of the circumstances. If your credit card has a Cancel for Any Reason insurance and trip cancellation policy, you will be eligible to receive back non-refundable amount of your flight/hotel bookings.
With your IDFC First Private credit card, you can get trip cancellation cover for maximum two transactions until 30th April 2024, for any personal reason. Make sure to initiate the claim within the time period and submit all related documents related to the claim. Other than the IDFC First Private, you can also earn refund up to Rs. 12,000 on your flight/hotel bookings with the ICICI Bank Emeralde credit card.
Let us know in the comments section if you need to cancel any of your future flight/hotel bookings, and if you plan to use the Cancel for Any Reason insurance policy to get your refund.